DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Thanks for the awesome review Veef. Unfortunately, you've convinced me to drop the $300 something i'll need to get this now via evilBay rates. Well played sir....

OMG. Don't be stupid...wait for the reissue.

This is the one that screams to be left in fighter mode with that badass Skull logo on the top. Like a few here, I got my preorder in about two days before they arrived at hlj. When I read that a couple people on the boards cancelled their order due to worrying about something re: the color of paint on the legs, I was able to get one of those. This is my favorite valk right now,,,probably over the 17.

Yes. Oh, yes. The QC on mine is excellent, better than the VF-25F. Everything feels tighter. Paint is better. Only problem is one of the wings is really loose right out of the box. Not a huge deal, but it will be interesting to see how it takes the armour.

photo12-1.jpg

photo17-1.jpg

photo22-1.jpg

photo30-1.jpg

photo32-1.jpg

:p I feel even more vindicated with all the pics posted. IMHO the color's off even more than I thought. (not just the molded vs paint mis-match, but I feel the main overall colors are too dark---don't like the shade of yellow used, either) 100% happy I cancelled mine.

:p I feel even more vindicated with all the pics posted. IMHO the color's off even more than I thought. (not just the molded vs paint mis-match, but I feel the main overall colors are too dark---don't like the shade of yellow used, either) 100% happy I cancelled mine.

Err.........you do realize the grey plastic used is actually lighter a lighter shade than the v.1.

Graham

Got mine yesterday. Overall, I'm fairly satisfied with it, but I like the Alto version better. My main gripes are the distinct differences in the grays where they ought to be the same color. Could be my eyes tricking me, but I could swear the painted grays have a mint green tint to them. It's not even remotely close to the molded gray plastic.

Also while the paint application was cleaner than my VF-25F, they managed to fudge it up in a different way. The yellow stripes on the LERX are not the same shade of yellow. The one on the right side I think has a thinner coat so the black is showing through more, leaving the yellow on the left side distinctly more vibrant in comparison and matching the yellow areas elsewhere. If I recall correctly, the right shoulder was like that too with not enough yellow applied.

The pvc head lasers were loose and floppy, but that was no big deal since I hate pvc parts and immediately swapped them out for the infinitely better hard plastic ones which stayed in place.

Despite the color mismatches, it still looks good and ultimately, I'll be putting the armored parts over it anyway, so it will all be moot.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

If someone wants to miss out on a great valkyrie toy because a shade of paint isn't 100% perfect, then that's their prerogative. What I find more bothersome is Bandai's decision to use painted parts for areas that are one solid color, namely the bottoms of the wing gloves and the shoulders. Why Bandai? Why didn't you mold them in the correct colored plastic? Especially the shoulders, as those have the potential to get really scratched up during transformation.

Right out of the box there were a few corners where the paint had already rubbed off.

Err.........you do realize the grey plastic used is actually lighter a lighter shade than the v.1.

Graham

Whoops, my mistake, the renewal is actually a bit darker.

Still looks great though and 100% better than the v.1 in every aspect.

Looking at the v.1 and the renewal ver sid by sidethe slightly darker color looks much beter IMO.

Graham

No way. The valk alone I think was more than that.

That's what I thought too, even though it crossed my mind that this might be some kind of special offer since it is a preorder.

Also the title says "armoured" not "armour". Btw can anyone translate from the picture?

http://www.ishop2go....329_Prt_en.html

You can also compare it with the old one.

http://www.ishop2go....179_Prt_en.html

Edited by Vahouth

I'm certain that's just the armor. the VF-25 pre-order price alone was more than that. No way they would just give away the armor no matter how good a promotion they were having

Chris

How many of you who cancelled your preorders due to the leg colour on the preproduction sample are kicking yourselves now?

Graham

Meh, it's their money, so they can do as they please. Personally, I am VERY happy with mine. And I guess it's better they cancel their preorders and let someone else have a chance to get them, since there is no guarantee we will see another release with the way Bandai has been playing things so close to the chest.

Ummm, guys....

Is this a bundle?

http://www.ishop2go....330_Prt_en.html

That does appear to be a bundle. Has anyone ordered from this place before? Are they legit? When do they take your preorder dough?

No. The valk alone MSRPs for more than that. The date of release is the same date the standalone armour is relesed. If there is to be a bundle, it certainly would be announced by Bandai on their site first, and not a store's site, and it definitely wouldn't be announced before the armour pack is released, since that would just sink their sales for the armour packs. But feel free to order them and let us know. :p

Edited by pud333

man i like this thing alot. looks much better than the V1 and i actually LIKE the coloring vs. the V1 also. man, and i've been thnking this since V1.....someone REALLY needs to remold the arm of the stand in a CLEAR plastic and release it. the battroid and especially gerwalk would look much better without a black stick up its butt. I'd use the flightpose stands but i don't thint it'll be enouogh once you add the armor on this guy.

So how long do you guys think till we here about the VF-25G release. Wasn't planning on getting one since I have the F and the S, but these things are so awesome and I want the sniper rifle too. ;)

Chris

man i like this thing alot. looks much better than the V1 and i actually LIKE the coloring vs. the V1 also. man, and i've been thnking this since V1.....someone REALLY needs to remold the arm of the stand in a CLEAR plastic and release it. the battroid and especially gerwalk would look much better without a black stick up its butt. I'd use the flightpose stands but i don't thint it'll be enouogh once you add the armor on this guy.

I'd much have preferred a clear base also. They could still color in the SMS if they want, but I would have much preferred it all clear. That stand is so ugly, and in fighter, it covers up a lot of the gunpod, etc. Clear would have been boss.

So how long do you guys think till we here about the VF-25G release. Wasn't planning on getting one since I have the F and the S, but these things are so awesome and I want the sniper rifle too. ;)

Chris

I dunno. I hope soon. I thought they would have issued the announcement for a release of it by now, but Bandai seems to be doing things at the beat of their own bi-polar drum

If anyone wants to sell their VF-25S v2 for non-eBay prices, let me know!

There's an auction on ebay right now that's at about $100 currently that you can bid on. Depending on what you bid and who you bid against, you might be able to snag it for a decent price. It's worth a shot anyway. Also, BBTS still has them in stock, but for about $214. I seriously doubt anyone will sell for less than that unless they are feeling very generous.

Edited by pud333

I got my YF-29 from BBTS I think for about $230 shipped. Honestly not that bad of a price when you factor in a non early bird price and shipping. Particularly after seeing what they go for on eBay. I say just get it from BBTS before they are gone.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

There's an auction on ebay right now that's at about $100 currently that you can bid on. Depending on what you bid and who you bid against, you might be able to snag it for a decent price. It's worth a shot anyway. Also, BBTS still has them in stock, but for about $214. I seriously doubt anyone will sell for less than that unless they are feeling very generous.

The hell? That guy is using my picture in the auction. I posted it a page back.

You didn't happen to post a YF-29 in its shipping box also, did you? Because I recall that dude also selling a YF-29 last summer that he bought "one too many" of. :)

lol,nope never took a picture of my yf-29 in the shipping box.

Edited by Murphy