DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

The hell? That guy is using my picture in the auction. I posted it a page back.

LOL

I knew that picture looked familiar. :D

LOL. No kidding. When I saw that, I was like, "I'm sure that dude is on MW."

How do you buy too many by accident anyways? I wish I had that kind of money to accidentally buy stuff. Murphy, you should really contact the guy and demand a percentage to use your photo.

Edited by pud333

LOL. No kidding. When I saw that, I was like, "I'm sure that dude is on MW."

How do you buy too many by accident anyways? I wish I had that kind of money to accidentally buy stuff. Murphy, you should really contact the guy and demand a percentage to use your photo.

or if i bid on it and win it i should get discount saying i did part of the work suppling the pic :lol:

Err.........you do realize the grey plastic used is actually lighter a lighter shade than the v.1.

I never said the v.1 was right either. (but it had a truly fugly mold, so it wouldn't have mattered how it was painted) Now we have a good Ozma mold, but the colors are still wrong. I think the 1/72 kit has the best colors---not that they're "perfect" but they're certainly acceptable.

In looking at the CG colors of the VF-25S, the new GE-55 Bandai release isn't too far off at all. The slight shade difference isn't a deal breaker by any means. Overall, this version of the toy is probably going to be the definitive version. If that is the case, I'm thoroughly satisfied with what has come out. This thing is going to be super badass once the armor parts come out.

Actually, I was kind of glad that the panel behind the head pops off easy. It made it easier for me to get the head transformed, and snaps right back on easily, and stays put if I don't pull on it.

When I first transformed mine, I was worried I was experiencing an accidental return to the old turtle-neck problem. The head must have gotten some glue under it, because it would not budge off the plate. When I finally got it loose, the head came clean off in my hand. :blink:

Fortunately nothing broke, and it just snapped back on, but yikes.

One issue with mine I already was able to fix, with a razor blade of all things.. I noticed the left wing glove wasn't snapping all the way down, and was catching on the edge of the shoulder block. Well, I took the blade and shaved off some plastic from the underside of the wing, and along the edge, and it now sits perfectly flush. If things aren't sitting right, make sure to check for leftover mold release plastic, so you can trim it down.

So far, I've only hit minor issues all around. My intake covers don't stay on (I'd just glue them in, but we might need to mount super/armor parts in their place later), my left wing glove flops back and forth easily, and my head was stuck down when I first got it.

Actually, I should say the paint coloring is very weird. And this is definitely not a lighting issue. In the past, I know people have noticed issues with plastic colors matching, but I don't recall anyone saying that they had mismatched paint. I've got a lot. The lighter gray panels seem to be painted with all manner of shades, as if someone mixed up separate batches, and repainted certain parts. Some pieces are noticeably lighter, as if they gave more coats.

The weirdest one... it looks like someone already weathered the underside of my left wing glove. It was definitely painted with two separate shades, and the brighter second coat didn't get into the detail, so the panel lines look like they are pre-shaded.

I've also got mismatched painted panels on different halves of the same leg, right above the knee. Among others. <_<

The dumbest thing about some of these problems though.. particularly the wing gloves.. why on earth did they even paint those? The entire part is one color, so why would they mold it in the wrong color, then paint it to match? They've been doing that with some pieces since the v.1s, and for everything they've improved, this particular practice still makes no sense.

I'll take some pics later to show what I mean, and in the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal, but it's still.. well, just dumb.

I've got the same issue with my right wing glove, it looks like someone panel lined it because the paint didn't get into the details enough. And I totally agree with you, why the Hell didn't they simply mold that part light Gray rather than paint it, it's pretty stupid to me too and makes no sense. I managed to match the paint enough to cover the scratch from the factory well enough to my satisfaction. I'm pretty happy with it overall, I just wish the bottom right wing glove didn't look like it was lightly panel lined.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Just got my Ozma. The colors look perfectly fine in hand. The shoulder and thigh joints are nice and solid this time around, unlike the Alto version which will get very loose over time.

The only gripes I have are the extremely loose head lasers which flop around in fighter mode (nice that Bandai included separate hard plastic head lasers, but those too are extremely loose).

EDIT: A dab of nail polish worked great, and fixed the loose head lasers.

There is also piece on the back, molded in light grey (on which is printed the hilt of the sword of the emblem), which will pop off all the time during transformations, but it can easily be snapped back into place.

Near perfect valk! No paint chipping, or any signs of factory related damage unlike my Alto.

Here’s hoping Luca is next (preferably with a non-exclusive ghost or three included with the valk). ^^

Edited by OmegaD3k

Yay, mine arrived today! But dang it, they didn't pack my $7 1/100 kit in the same box...

I had to take it out & mess with it a bit, but now it's time to work... :(

numagus99: What brand is that? Looks nice!

Edited by Kelsain

Did a wash and touched up the paint job. Popping the head out was the hardest part of transforming it. But I'm very happy with the final product. :)

Eagerly awaiting the 25G now!

EDIT: As I thought, the pop-off piece in the center of the chest is painted. The color difference is indistinguishable to the naked eye, but the camera really picks up and exaggerates it. But it's another piece where I wonder why Bandai didn't just mold it in color.

post-5703-0-34662000-1327170922_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-17222800-1327170926_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lolicon

I recived mine and I have to say thats a unbalanced toy so tight in the arms and legs and to loose in the head laser canons and wings by the way if someone know if is posible press the wing articulation?............... even so I think is the best bandai macross toy ever

Mine is pretty nice. The paint app is pretty dern good, nothing's jumped out at me yet. The joints on the left arms & leg are very tight, for now, at least. It was really difficult to swing the hip bar, b/c I couldn't get the leg out of the way.

I love it though, now I just need to figure out a good pose...

(null)

My Ozma is in a sort facility in philly as of 625 this morning. Im about an hour from philly. Maybe she comes today! If not tomorrows ok I guess.....

Edit: AAAHHHHHHH!!! Its in Delaware. Hopefully today. AAAAHHHHhhhhhhh.

Uggg

Edited by ErikElvis

Ok transformed to battroid. I love the looks. Its a great looking valk. I have to say it has a "presence" over the blazer next to it. Makes the Blazer look like I picked it up at Toys R us. My right hip and shoulder are a little floppy though.

Don't mind the toilet bowl background. I was getting yelled at for turning on the light in the bedroom and crinkling the plastic so had to move.

post-11570-0-83061400-1327597273_thumb.jpg

Edited by ErikElvis

i'm disappointed with mine.. the tampo print of skull have a lot of scrath.. the ball joint in the leg is loose .. the hip is easilly come off.. overall i like the alto version much better... :(

ps: anyone know how to fix the looseness in the leg balljoint?

You know, a funny thought hit me earlier. With them including the reaction missiles with the armor parts, they're cutting into the release scheme they used before. I wonder if they're just going to start including the stuff people had to order separately last time?

Would be nice if they just went ahead and included the fold quartz booster and speakers with Michael's, and the ghosts with Luca's. I wouldn't mind shelling out a bit more if I can get everything in one package.

i'm disappointed with mine.. the tampo print of skull have a lot of scrath.. the ball joint in the leg is loose .. the hip is easilly come off.. overall i like the alto version much better... :(

ps: anyone know how to fix the looseness in the leg balljoint?

There is a video in the YF-29 thread that shows you how to fix loose joints with glue. I'm too lazy to look, so you're gonna have to go through the thread.

You know, a funny thought hit me earlier. With them including the reaction missiles with the armor parts, they're cutting into the release scheme they used before. I wonder if they're just going to start including the stuff people had to order separately last time?

Would be nice if they just went ahead and included the fold quartz booster and speakers with Michael's, and the ghosts with Luca's. I wouldn't mind shelling out a bit more if I can get everything in one package.

That would be nice. I would like to buy bundled versions of the other two Messiahs, though I don't want them to be web exclusives. If that happens, I will rage.

Considering the way Bandai loves to design joints, there's really not a good way to tighten them... those pins they use are a pain.

You might try forcing some superglue into the joint from the underside, or even into the center of the hollow pin, but there's not much room to get the glue in there, and any leakage will really show on the dark gray plastic.

My friend in Japan could not find any Ozmas :(

There are a few on Ebay but prices are too high. Anywhere else I can find Renewal Ozma? Will there be a second batch or reissue?

Normally I don't recommend BBTS, but they still have it for preorder at 214. Probably the best you're gonna do until a reissue.

My friend in Japan could not find any Ozmas :(

There are a few on Ebay but prices are too high. Anywhere else I can find Renewal Ozma? Will there be a second batch or reissue?

You may want to give a try to yahoo auctions japan + ebay proxy buyer

http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?ei=UTF-8&p=vf-25s&oq=&auccat=0&slider=0&tab_ex=commerce&s1=bidorbuy&o1=d

+

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAHOO-JAPAN-AUCTION-BIDDING-SERVICE-PROXY-/360130522216?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53d973ac68