Battlestar Galactica Discussion IV with Blood And Chrome

Well, how many modern planes have tail guns now?

In the BSG science fictional world? I don't know...

It makes sence to me. Adama and Coker's Rartor is an old variant without a jump drive so it has more space where the standard Rator's we know from the series has the larger, jump capable engines that take up the rear third of the airframe.

Chris

Yup, just like any other sci-fi/fantasy story, everything looks cooler the further back we go in time. I have to say though, if Boomer had had a Raptor with a tail gun maybe she and Helo wouldn't have had to set down on Caprica for repairs. Why would anyone delete such a feature? Peace-time design Raptor, I suppose?

That's true.

Ah this thread has given me the itch to watch the Bluray set I bought and haven't sat to watch yet.

That's true.

Ah this thread has given me the itch to watch the Bluray set I bought and haven't sat to watch yet.

You've gotta tell me if it makes the show look any prettier than it was during its broadcast days. I know it's supposed to look gritty, grainy, but I like the polished, gleaming look of B&C for example...

You've gotta tell me if it makes the show look any prettier than it was during its broadcast days. I know it's supposed to look gritty, grainy, but I like the polished, gleaming look of B&C for example...

It looks a tonne pretty, but I don't know whether its my ps3 or my copies of the Bluray but in a couple of episodes the picture skips for a second and like pixelates really badly for a fraction of a second.

It's still worth it, but then again I am biased outside of Macross, BSG is my obsession.

Well, they're only $20 a season on blu-ray so it'd be worth it to pick up. What generation PS3 do you have? My PS3 and laptop are very particular about what blu-rays they will play, but they are older so...

Well, they're only $20 a season on blu-ray so it'd be worth it to pick up. What generation PS3 do you have? My PS3 and laptop are very particular about what blu-rays they will play, but they are older so...

It cost me close to $130 for the complete blu ray set with the "Plan, BSG Razor" included in the set.

My ps3 is one of the first slim line models.

It cost me close to $130 for the complete blu ray set with the "Plan, BSG Razor" included in the set.

Obvious question, but did you check the offending disc's? When I picked up my set there was one disc with some definate funk on it. Cleaned up fine, and played fine after.

Obvious question, but did you check the offending disc's? When I picked up my set there was one disc with some definate funk on it. Cleaned up fine, and played fine after.

I'll just give them a nice cleaning each disk before watching!.

Season 1 cliff hanger ending is possibly the best ending of all the seasons on that show.

Am I the only one that didn't really dig the vibe change after season 1?, Don't get me wrong I love that show haha a lot more then I should but yeah season had this really awesome thing going for it.

Edited by senator02103

Have you had difficulty with any other blu-rays? Gotta love 'tech, man...

Am I the only one that didn't really dig the vibe change after season 1?, Don't get me wrong I love that show haha a lot more then I should but yeah season had this really awesome thing going for it.

Loved the show, but yeah I know what you are saying. I think it became too Cylon oriented. Jamie Bamber (Apollo) said as much in a pod cast while talking with Ron Moore. He wasn't trashing the show or anything, just that he was wondering about it and thought it seemed more intense, and the Cylon's more menacing, when they where an unknown entity that just kept comming.

Season 4 especially, was far too Cylon/ final 5, oriented for my taste and was the main problem for the season...for me.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Loved the show, but yeah I know what you are saying. I think it became too Cylon oriented. Jamie Bamber (Apollo) said as much in a pod cast while talking with Ron Moore. He wasn't trashing the show or anything, just that he was wondering about it and thought it seemed more intense, and the Cylon's more menacing when they where an unknown entity that just kept comming.

Season 4 especially, was far too Cylon/ final 5, oriented for my taste and was the main problem for the season...for me.

Chris

Season 1=

- Episodes with a bit of comedy and bits and pieces about Colonial Life

- Dogfighting, constant dog fighting

- Mystery

Season 2=

- No humor

- Absolute hopelessness

- Intense Cylon stuff

- Year jump ahead at the end of the season.

Don't get me wrong as I said love the show but season 1 will always be my favourite.

Edited by senator02103

Yes, I heard that rumour last year... now that's the kit I've been waiting for! I hope its as good as that resin kit that's always out of stock. There's one of my most highly anticipated kits if it ever comes to fruition.

Theres a Timeslip Resin Galactica kit on Ebay right now, not sure if its the one you were looking for but looks alot more detailed than the Monogram kits. B))

• 3 weeks later...

Wasn't it always end of March, beginning of April?

Unless I'm totally wrong (I might be) I remember seeing release dates as far back as October 2012 & January 2013. Even the Hobby shop I've done business with for years now was surprised it was available yet.

But I'll be patient, if its as detailed as the BSG & Vipers, I'll be happy!

• 1 month later...

Read that before. It's a interesting read but hate that HE calls it a MkII. It was named on screen as the MkIII and also by Gary Hutzle. I took it as the designer saw it as an opportunity to have a second go at HIS MkII design but the s how's producers just used it as the MkIII.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Woohoo!!! I've been waiting for that classic Galactica... couldn't afford the Timeslip resin version (plus its always sold out!).

Oooh, that's great, because I love that rendition. I guess the first to go is all the surface cross-hatching... which I guess we can add back in with a mechanical pencil.

• 4 weeks later...

New Classic Raider kit next to the new Classic Viper (both 1/32) - I need a bigger house...

<snip>

The Cylon Raider looks great, very detailed, I need a bigger display case!! :lol:

And I need more money to afford all this great new stuff...

• 4 weeks later...