Official Bandai 1/100 VF HI-METAL VF-19S/F

lechuck

Doesn't this color-scheme make you think of Wal-Mart? :p:)

This will compliment the Kai nicely. I wonder what the Tamashii web exclusive for the Blazer will be?

It does. Every day low prices = win. Also reminds me of other things like my alma mater's colors (maize & blue), and the Swedish flag.

Doesn't this color-scheme make you think of Wal-Mart? :p:)

This will compliment the Kai nicely. I wonder what the Tamashii web exclusive for the Blazer will be?

Actually, the more I look at it, the more I think it needs a Goodyear logo slapped on it. Screw the Goodyear Blimp! Just use the Blazer Valk! :lol:

Can't wait for the Tamashii exclusive landings gears!

th_BADUMTSSSHHH.jpg

Also when is the Fire being re released with the new missile legs? They were shown in at least one episode. Otherwise love that it's an option but I'll wait for the Yamato. Besides I already have the old Bandai so I can afford to wait.

Oh, nice. Can't wait for this one. I've been wanting a nice Blazer toy since 1995.

The Bandai will be a nice tide-me-over, until the inevtitable Yamato version arrives.

And yes, I'm sure the final production version will have the missing stripes and UNS kite that are missing on these prototype pics.

Bandai better not make the VF-19F a webshop excluive!

Graham

fk019-1.jpg

It says it is not yet known if the shoulder speakers will come as part of the sound booster set (though it sounds likely). They're also looking into landing gears as part of the package.

Edited by Vifam7

I have to admit, the way the head lasers stick out in fighter mode looks like a mess. Looks like giant white splinters in its back. I know, I know, blame the lineart.

At least the color looks right this time!

Not the Yamato VF-19 Fire Valkyrie??

At the moment, that is a completely unknown quantity. We haven't even seen any CAD art yet, so we have no idea about the sculpt, features, gimmicks etc.

Hoping to find out more during my upcoming visit to Yamato in Tokyo in mid-April.

Graham

At the moment, that is a completely unknown quantity. We haven't even seen any CAD art yet, so we have no idea about the sculpt, features, gimmicks etc.

Hoping to find out more during my upcoming visit to Yamato in Tokyo in mid-April.

Graham

Looking forward to the news. Hopefully there will be some. Lol.

Two things.

1. Stripes and markings still aren't there (really? this looks like a production picture and it's still missing that much?)

2. They flat out forgot the upper intake on top of the hip plate. The Fire Valk doesn't have this, it's got the weird strip-like indentation shown.. but the normal VF-19s all had a noticeable intake cut into that panel.

It's hard to judge the color due to different lighting and different prototypes used in pre-production photos. The Kai looked several different shades of red before it was released, depending on the photos, and the final product turned out to be a very nice, rich red with a slight metallic sparkle to it. The abscence of yellow stripes is curious, but it doesn't mean they wont be on the finished toy.

Edited by eriku

It's hard to judge the color due to different lighting and different prototypes used in pre-production photos. The Kai looked several different shades of red before it was released, depending on the photos, and the final product turned out to be a very nice, rich red with a slight metallic sparkle to it. The abscence of yellow stripes is curious, but it doesn't mean they wont be on the finished toy.

It is rather sparkly, but they didn't fix the different shades of red (depending on lighting conditions I would assume). I dunno what their obsession is with using wrong colored plastic and painting it to match, but there are many sections of the plane that are made from different plastics using different colors (mostly a dark gray, like the flap under the cockpit). The painted parts are clearly a lighter shade of red on mine, more of a tomato red, and very stark against the rest of the plane.

Why they couldn't just mold these in color is a question for the ages (probably due to shared part molds), same as the landing gear doors on the VF-25 DX (Michael's rear doors are molded in blue, and painted white, meaning the paint chips like crazy if you open or close them).

I believe Yamato is doing a VF-19 Fire valk.

I believe Yamato will recycle the mold to come up with VF-19S/F.

I believe I am going to hold my breath till then.

P.S. I am not impressed with the Bye-Metal Fire Valk...

P.P.S. I do not hate Bandai, although I just bad-mouthed the DX and Bye-Metal series. I am a big fan of their SHF and Robot Spirit lines.

P.S. I am not impressed with the Bye-Metal Fire Valk...

Have you held one? I find the engineering and finish to be on par with Yamato's latest offerings.

Size and metal content opinions aside, it's a remarkably well made and impressive little toy.

Have you held one? I find the engineering and finish to be on par with Yamato's latest offerings.

Size and metal content opinions aside, it's a remarkably well made and impressive little toy.

Agreed, I found it to be superior to Yamato's 1/60 YF-19 in a couple ways. Perfect? Not by a long shot. Good? yes.

The long shoulders look cool and all but I think it could be shorter. If they made it end where the black part starts it would still look dynamic and fit on the leg better. And the swivel joint that connects to the shoulder being smaller than the shoulder bothers me.

vf-19s-fighter.jpg

The line art shows the shoulder and leg forms a nice smooth nacelle.