WHAT'S CURRENTLY SHIPPING OR SHIPPING ISSUES...

pondo

New Years, it's no joke in Asia, especially in Japan, how do you think I feel? I'm still waiting on my VF-0A and Ghost from HLJ and waiting for a response from OD on what's going to happen with my order that is still "pending" on their "old" site. <_<

What I don't get is that my shipment had supposedly left Japan on the 22nd and they hadn't gone on holiday yet at that time. So have they parked the plane on a cloud and are just partying in the sky for the past week or maybe they decided to have Japanese people work at customs at the US side? :p

By my reckoning, my package should already be in the US now and that's why I'm confused why it's taking so long. I'd understand if my package had only just shipped out around the 25th or later.

What I don't get is that my shipment had supposedly left Japan on the 22nd and they hadn't gone on holiday yet at that time. So have they parked the plane on a cloud and are just partying in the sky for the past week or maybe they decided to have Japanese people work at customs at the US side? :p

By my reckoning, my package should already be in the US now and that's why I'm confused why it's taking so long. I'd understand if my package had only just shipped out around the 25th or later.

Maybe their cargo hold decompressed and all the cargo fell to the ocean!! :o

I agree, it should've at least updated that its in the US by now. Hopefully it gets here today. The PO should refund the fees, this was EXPRESS mail we paid for and there is nothing express about this.

Maybe their cargo hold decompressed and all the cargo fell to the ocean!! :o

More likely is that the American government is having customs tear into more packages it try to find more customs revenue..

:D :D

I kid!

It's probably just the combination of heightened security on packages + the holidays slowing things down.

More likely is that the American government is having customs tear into more packages it try to find more customs revenue..

:D :D

I kid!

It's probably just the combination of heightened security on packages + the holidays slowing things down.

i dont think its heightened security, I thinks its someone's f!@# up. Another one of my packages shipped on the 24th via airmail from HK and I got it today. My macross quarter which I paid EMS for is still in limbo and shipped on the 22nd.

To anyone still waiting, check with your local post office. EMS is air freight so it will usually go to a large airport and will then go directly to your local post office. The problem I have seen in the past is that our local mail scanning postal employees tend to not scan in these packages and they end up sitting in the post office. I would just take your tracking number and ask if the package is there. This has happenned to me at least 3 times in the past and there they were. B))

Usually though most of the stuff I get from Japan or HK goes through customs. where it is scanned and thus I know it is close to being here. But so far there is no record of anything since since dispatch from Japan. I can give it a try though.

Usually though most of the stuff I get from Japan or HK goes through customs. where it is scanned and thus I know it is close to being here. But so far there is no record of anything since since dispatch from Japan. I can give it a try though.

Yeah this is always the case for me. So either are stuff is sitting on the Customs tarmac or the plane went down and no one has gotten around to telling us yet. Even with the holiday's packages should be showing in Customs at the very least by now.

My Ivanov which shipped out on 12/31

Your item arrived in the United States in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 4:04 PM on January 3, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Inbound International Arrival, January 03, 2010, 4:04 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Foreign International Dispatch, December 31, 2009, 9:26 pm, TOKYO INT CONTAINER 1, JAPAN

Foreign Arrival at Outward Office, December 31, 2009, 8:59 pm, TOKYO INT, JAPAN

Foreign Acceptance, December 31, 2009, 5:16 pm, JAPAN

My Macross Quarter which shipped on the 22nd!!! WTF!!!!

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

Detailed Results:

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Foreign International Dispatch, December 22, 2009, 2:45 am, TOKYO INT D, JAPAN

Foreign Acceptance, December 21, 2009, 5:47 pm, JAPAN

Should I start considering my Quarter lost? Also Sluff said go check the PO, but at the stage my package is in.. You think it could actually be there?

Edited by anubis20

Well, has anybody gotten any kind of response concerning any orders made on OD's "old site" that have yet to ship? I'm gonna message the bastards again because I'm getting worried about my SS Parts and VF1J GPB set that I ordered on November.

I was under the impression they're still on vacation so I haven't expected any response. I guess I'm going back to work tomorrow (their today) so I would hope for a response some time this week. From the sounds of it I'll bet they're pretty inundated.

EDIT - The Hik GBP was released 12/29. That means it's been like ONE, maybe TWO business days since it would have been received. I'm in the same boat, I ordered seven items to ship all when the GBP was released.

Edited by jenius

I've got a damaged VT-1 Super Ostrich right outta the box from them in December. I was first told to send it back but then I got an email to wait so that they can look for the part for me "A.S.A.P.". I didn't get any replies yet and then they went on holidays.

I've waited for a response and they should be back in business by now. I emailed them again twice and I still haven't got a response. I've never had a problem with them before but I did complain to them about them bumping my SAL order to EMS. I don't think anyone working there would be vengeful or spiteful and ignore my repeated emails (especially since I've been very patient so far).

Does anyone know if they're all back in business and are responding to their emails? I've never had problems with HLJ before, but that's because I've never had a problem arise where I had to deal with them before. I don't want to risk sending them back my entire VT-1 Super Ostrich now... what if they decide not to reimburse the shipping... or even fix it and send it back to me?

I know... the chances of that happening to me are slim to none, but I'm slowly loosing my patience with them.

Not to defend anyone, but I've ordered tons of stuff from HLJ and had it shipped to me all over the world. No damage at all and I was always amazed at their high tech packaging (compared to everyone else's "peanuts"). My only complaint about them is they're in Japan so shipping is costly, but that comes with the territory. - MT

What's so "high tech" about heat sealed plastic air pockets :blink: Tons of places use them and you can even buy them from packing firms.

It's nice to be able to read about everyone's holiday shopping experience this year. I ordered four items from four places (after xmas but before new years):

locushk - ordered 12/26/09, invoiced/paid 12/26/09, shipped 12/28/09

angolz - ordered/invoiced/paid 12/28/09, shipped ???

mw member - ordered 12/28/09, invoiced/paid 12/29/09, shipped 01/04/10

amiami - ordered 12/30/09, invoiced/paid 01/04/10, shipped 01/05/10

I've never ordered from any of these folks before but am pleased with how quickly locus got my order out the door.

I'll update this again, probably after I receive everything.

Happy waiting everyone!

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

Just got my hands on "The Art of Avatar" from Amazon.UK, still waiting for the field guide that left on the same day but in a separate package.

Waiting for the afore mentioned Macross Quarter and a few volumes of "Macross Chronicles" along with th lattest issue of "Sci-Fi and Fantasy Modeller", all from HLJ, and last but not least the Macross F Movie Art-Book "Perfect Triangle".

I guess i don't have to tell you that the Quarter is the most antecipated. It got to Portugal on the 31st and it's stuck at customs for New Year. Bloody Hell...

What's so "high tech" about heat sealed plastic air pockets :blink: Tons of places use them and you can even buy them from packing firms.

They used to place the boxes of toy or model kit on a piece of cardboard tray which is the same size of the shipping box, then have the boxes vacuum wrapped with plastic on the tray before they place into shipping box. This way the toy or model kits boxes are protected and won't rattling in the shipping box.

I guess they don't do it now and replaced with air pockets.

To anyone still waiting, check with your local post office. EMS is air freight so it will usually go to a large airport and will then go directly to your local post office. The problem I have seen in the past is that our local mail scanning postal employees tend to not scan in these packages and they end up sitting in the post office. I would just take your tracking number and ask if the package is there. This has happenned to me at least 3 times in the past and there they were. B))

Well, I checked the post office and nada. So it's in limbo somewhere and there's no way for me to find out what happened to it.

I like others have had no problems with them, I have a delivery from them waiting at my parents house now (its easier to get it to them as they are in more than me), but all my deliveries have been in really sturdy cartons. One time the carton was damaged but the goods were A1 still. I guess I have been lucky. Other suppliers have not been so great though. I have had stuff that was evidently crushed before they packaged it for posting, as the supplied carton was emaculate.

I guess you'd need to plead with them Or try and get Cobywan to not tear open his next delivery and just send the box to you :)

All my HLJ orders arrived without any damage whatsoever, and I've been ordering from them since 2005/06, at least. There were a few rare cases in which the shipping boxes had a rip, dent, etc, but the contents were still in perfect shape.

The only mishap I had with HLJ, was when I accidentally paid twice for an item. I contacted them, and in less than a day I got a full refund via PayPal.

I wouldn't let this one incident be the ultimate reason to stop ordering from them. Only if it happens again would I reconsider.

the plastic air pocket machine is cool though. The peanuts just get filled from a giant hopper above the boxing station but the air pockets come flat packed and there's a compressor that fills them as they get dispensed. They're neat-o. ^_^

Well, since my boxes are at the post office awaiting pickup, I suppose you could say they're still "in the mail."

Come 4pm, I'll have 5 new valks to unpack (along with whatever other mail I wasn't expecting over the past two weeks). It'll be like Christmas day all over again. :lol:

Work today can't end fast enough (and it's boring to boot.. everyone's just getting back from vacation time, and no one has anything to do yet :p).