30 minutes ago, Bolt said:

So this isn't an official trailer then?

No.  It looks like clips from other media (video games, etc) put together.  The video starts off with 20th Century Fox instead of Studios and there's a statement in the video that says 'All credit goes to respective owners of clips'.  The channel also has a Terminator 7 trailer with John Cena.

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

It looks and sounds like ALIEN (with some ALIENS) but seems to gain a lot of inspiration from the ISOLATION game which is a good thing. Hopefully its really good!

honestly, for the first 30 seconds I thought this was a fan trailer made from isolation game assets.

11 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

It looks and sounds like ALIEN (with some ALIENS) but seems to gain a lot of inspiration from the ISOLATION game which is a good thing. Hopefully its really good!

Yeah, that doesn't so much look like it takes inspiration from the alien isolation game as it does just straight up taking every aspect of its set design.

Not the worst move they could make, considering that's basically the only good title the franchise produced after Aliens.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CoryHolmes said:

It's a film?  I thought it was a TV series!

Yeah, it was. Now it’s not. They couldn’t decide and I guess they couldn’t figure out how to stretch the story enough to fit a series. Either that or they got really confident about releasing it as a movie 

9 hours ago, Big s said:

Yeah, it was. Now it’s not. They couldn’t decide and I guess they couldn’t figure out how to stretch the story enough to fit a series. Either that or they got really confident about releasing it as a movie 

That's a good thing, then.  I hate when TV shows have unnecessary padding, and they all do.

On 4/3/2024 at 9:26 PM, sh9000 said:

Alien is returning to theaters April 26 for a limited time.

Ooo... now that's a fun outing.  The original Alien was peak claustrophobic horror... they just don't make 'em like that anymore.

I'm kinda worried for Alien: Romulus with the trailer having facehuggers all over the place and one character wielding a pulse rifle that it's gonna go more for the action emphasis of Aliens instead of that lovely subtle claustrophobic horror of the original film and Alien: isolation.  It's just not scary when the xeno's hopping into center stage and posing.  Not knowing where it is (and not seeing it coming) is a big part of what makes it scary.

• 2 weeks later...

I might go see this at the local theater for alien day....last time I saw it in theaters was almost a decade ago during a Halloween event with a date. It was fun, we had a good time watching it at a really old movie theater.