2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Alien vs Evangelion. Just throwing that out there.

I'd be into some EVA sized Xenomorphs.:D

Look, I'll admit Aliens vs. Predator is a childish concept to begin with, but you guys have taken it to schoolyard-at-recess levels. <_<

But hey, if you can imagine it, I can stage it! :p

staged.jpg.158f495e67439803464fa8a2d116deb0.jpg

realized.jpg.843d87603d59208b43a277ea7715e6d2.jpg

24 minutes ago, tekering said:

Aliens vs. Predator is a childish concept to begin with

Heresy!🤯

Pitting aliens vs aliens is now a tried and trusted formula:

Predator vs Aliens

Tau/Eldar vs Tyranids

Protoss vs Zerg

Kree/Shi'ar vs Brood/Annihilation Wave

Skinnies vs Arachnids

Galadorians/Skrulls vs Dire Wraiths

Forerunners/Covenant vs Flood

Hirogen/Borg vs Species 8472

24 minutes ago, tekering said:

Oh that looks cool. 😎

Edited by Podtastic

16 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Not the "hero" perhaps, but at least the protagonist. I've played enough pc/play station as the predator, and also read enough of the novels where things are narrated from their perspective, to get them.

Leaving the Predator and Predator Forever Midnight ( two distortions of the mythos) aside, the Predators are easy to understand and relate to.  They have kind of the same psychology  as people who climb mountains or engage in extreme competitive sporting activities. They are filled with a spirit of adventure and a yearning to test themselves.

Its just that their "sport" is a mortal blood sport involving hunting. Merely hunting docile prey isn't enough of a challenge, the prey must be a threat or there is no element of personal risk. The greatest risk is of course hunting intelligent prey, particularly if they have developed advanced weaponry.

Its a great game. One they have played throughout the galaxy against all manner of dangerous prey.

So they have developed rules for the game in a a kind of honour system, or code of behaviour ,that you can pick up right from the first film - another reason why The Predator sucked - they through all that out the window.

Humans fit their hunting needs so perfectly - aggressive, intelligent, organised, and possessing strange but interesting weapons.

And to top it off Hunters have died here, which just ups the prestige of trophies from here.

Not sure whether your tastes are similar enough to mine but here are just a sample list of the ones I enjoyed:

Comics/Graphics

AVP 

AVP Xenogenesis

AVPVT

Aliens Outbreak

Aliens Stronghold

Aliens Tribes

Aliens  Apocalypse the Destroying Angels

Batman vs Aliens

Predator Concrete Jungle

Predator Big Game

Predator Bad Blood

Batman vs Predator 2: Bloodmatch

Predator Strange Roux

Predator Demon's Gold

Predator Xenogenesis

Novels:

Aliens vs Predator: Prey

Aliens vs Predator: Hunter's Planet

Alien

Aliens

Aliens Earth Hive

Aliens Nightmare Asylum

Aliens the Female War

Aliens Genocide

Aliens Berserker

Aliens Music of the Spears

Predator 2

Predator Concrete jungle

Predator Big Game

Predator South China Sea

(I have most of the later novels but have not gotten around to reading them yet.)

Prime 1 is really nice but its too expensive. 1/3 is also too big.

I'm already running out of space. The Side Show Predator Maquette was large and expensive enough for me. My only regret was that I did not get one with the faceplate option.

I think that's why I liked the reveal at the end of Predator 2 with the skulls and the gift of the gun. A big Predator fan on youtube named Neny Dee does custom Predator stuff and has a replica of that gun. I might want to get one of those myself. But you see that ending as a kid and it's amazing and opens up all kinds of things. But after that it's just been disappointing. I believe Neny Dee really hated The Predator as well. I remember people liking Predators. But that was the first one I remember to lessen the original Predator for new themed Predators that basically showed up to die.

I didn't know there were that many Predator books. Seems like Star Trek. I just got a hit of nostalgia remembering all the Star Trek paperbacks in mall bookstores like Crown Books and Walden Books. I could only follow so many series back then and only got a few of those for the covers. Maybe I'll look into the Predator stuff in the future.

Which Sideshow Predator statue do you own? They made a bunch. I was considering the last one. There was debate on the Statue Forum about which was the most accurate. I believe some said the first release. I liked the most recent one but it didn't have enough water to me. That water feature on the Cinemaquette was amazing. And that water scene in the original Predator freaked me out when I was a kid. You think Arnold escapes and then the Predator hits the water.

Prime 1 Studio made a version I was going to get before the 1/3 scale reveal. It was called the Big Game version. It's quarter scale. But it was designed like the original Predator Jungle Hunter and has a bunch of stuff from the movie on the base.

https://www.prime1studio.com/dhpr-big-game-cover-art-predator-pmdhpr-03dx.html

14 hours ago, tekering said:

Look, I'll admit Aliens vs. Predator is a childish concept to begin with, but you guys have taken it to schoolyard-at-recess levels. <_<

staged.jpg.158f495e67439803464fa8a2d116deb0.jpg

realized.jpg.843d87603d59208b43a277ea7715e6d2.jpg

I think I might need to attempt a city scene like that. Are those buildings and street pieces custom or separates that you can buy from a company?

Edited by JetJockey

2 hours ago, JetJockey said:

Which Sideshow Predator statue do you own?

This one.

Sideshow Collectibles - Predator Maquette | RPF Costume and Prop Maker Community (therpf.com)

2 hours ago, JetJockey said:

Prime 1 Studio made a version I was going to get before the 1/3 scale reveal.

That would be exactly the Predator statue for me. Except the SIZE and the OUTRAGEOUS PRICE.

You have to x by 20 to get what that is in our currency, around R34 000.00.  That's without shipping and customs.

I could get it if I really wanted, but common sense prevails.

3 hours ago, JetJockey said:

Are those buildings and street pieces custom or separates that you can buy from a company?

Most can be purchased; some require assembly, some come pre-painted and assembled.

Check out TomyTec, KATO, or any other N-gauge railroad accessory manufacturer.  It's a large market, especially here in Japan.

1 hour ago, Podtastic said:

This one.

Sideshow Collectibles - Predator Maquette | RPF Costume and Prop Maker Community (therpf.com)

That would be exactly the Predator statue for me. Except the SIZE and the OUTRAGEOUS PRICE.

You have to x by 20 to get what that is in our currency, around R34 000.00.  That's without shipping and customs.

I could get it if I really wanted, but common sense prevails.

That's the first Sideshow Predator. The accurate one since I believe they worked with Stan Winston's studio or the original designs. They said something like that on the Statue Forum.

This is the recent one I was talking about with the small bit of water on the base.

Sideshow-Predator-Maquette-008.jpg&f=1&n

What sort of currency are you talking about? I only attempt to get one statue or figure of a favorite character. So it's a matter of waiting for what I want. I was too late to Sideshow for the Predator you have I think. Or I didn't get back into Predator then I can't remember. Same goes for the Sideshow Dutch statue. I know I didn't get Sideshow's Alien Warrior from Aliens either. Both the original Predator and Alien statues are worth a lot now.

1 minute ago, tekering said:

Most can be purchased; some require assembly, some come pre-painted and assembled.

Check out TomyTec, KATO, or any other N-gauge railroad accessory manufacturer.  It's a large market, especially here in Japan.

Thanks. I remember seeing stuff like that in museums when I was young. I thought they were custom designs. Never thought someone would set that up in their home.

1 hour ago, JetJockey said:

What sort of currency are you talking about?

South African Rand.

When I was a child our currency was stronger than the US Dollar. At one point it was 2 Dollars to the Rand.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

You'd be surprised to what lengths some people will go in order to win a contest. 😅

stage8.jpg.df42fb66978e00c00f80070d14b00e85.jpg

Two questions:

1) Would any of those buildings scale at around 40m in the real world?

2) Who dusts all that stuff? Not just the city scape, but all the stuff  in the background. That person is a superhero.😶

5 hours ago, tekering said:

You know it, bud. :good:

Sure, plenty. 

plenty.jpg.2ea277bf6169e3e603022a49e54340ce.jpg

That's only about nine stories, on average.

I'd like to see a EVA/Alien combo like the Godzilla/EVA combo (which I can't bring myself to afford). That thing is super creepy......and cool.

34 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

So, one of my scale Zentraedi soldiers would look roughly like this in your diorama then.

I think you may have confused feet for meters there.  40 feet is a little tall for a Zentraedi soldier, but commanders are often taller.

40 meters, however, is as tall as Ultraman. 😅

3 hours ago, tekering said:

I think you may have confused feet for meters there. 

No, there is no confusion. This is my scale, not "canon" scale. The idea is to have a size ratio of Zentraedi to 6ft human that approximates that of a 6ft human to a 3.75 inch action figure. 

3 hours ago, tekering said:

but commanders are often taller.

Yes that is correct, but I hope you are not referring to that ghastly "official" chart that nerfs the soldiers to height levels not remotely seen in the visuals, unnecessarily claims a "size anomaly" for Klan, and has an armoured soldier being smaller than a soldier in duty uniform.😵

If we reduce the Zentraedi to human scale, with a male soldier being 6+ ft, I can live with the SDF officers at this scale:

• Kamjin 6+ ft
  • Britai 7+ ft
  • Bodolza 8+ ft

Now this part may not be "canon" either, but I find it less jarring.

Edited by Podtastic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2021 at 9:35 AM, Black Valkyrie said:

Could be interesting.

Not sure how it would be a challenge for him though unless he only kills HTH.

On that note I still want to see a Predator hunting a T-Rex.😏

• 1 month later...

From my experience with the moderoid kits, they are very simple builds and have prepainted parts. This kit may not be much more complicated than a Star Wars kit from Bandai. And if it is 1/12 scale like it says, then you could have it crushing a few Bandai storm troopers 

18 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Unfortunately their ED-209 is only 7.9" tall and not 1/12 scale.

All evidence I could find indicates a height of 2.4m for ED-209, which certainly seems consistent with his onscreen depiction... :huh: