Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

Good idea, I always wanted the Macross toys to have similar display height, never really cared about true scale because they are just made up stuff anyway.

Now, if only Kawamori-san can increase the official size of the VF-1 so Yamato can give us another VF-1 line that has an official 1/60 tag but is as big as the 1/48 in toy size... :ph34r:

But the Valk Peddlers Conglomerate will not allow Kawamori to retcon the scale until the 1/60 2.0 has finished it's run.

Then the 1/48 supremacists will secede from the 1/60 collecting community demanding that Yamato should reinstate the 1/48 line with the new scaled up dimensions.

The 1/60 sympathizers will scream "We will never approve independence from our scale conformity!"

It's going to be an all out civil war that will rip this board in half! :lol:

Determining the size of things relative to each other in an anime is pointless. How many times did we see a VF-1 in hand to hand combat with a Zent soldier the same size? They climb out of their Regults, which don't look nearly large enough for a VF-1 Battroid pilot, and then all of a sudden they are just as tall as a Battroid. Yet according to cannon a Zent soldier is supposed to be much smaller than a VF-1 Battroid. :wacko: I don't ever recall a VF-1 in hand to hand combat with a Zent soldier half the size.

Just because a VF-11 Gerwalk looks roughly the same size as a YF-21 Battroid when it's catching it from falling, doesn't mean they are the same size. Not that I really care one way or the other, I'm just making a point. It will be interesting to see what the final dimensions of the VF-11 turn out to be.

...Love the 11! No matter how big/small it is.

Determining the size of things relative to each other in an anime is pointless. How many times did we see a VF-1 in hand to hand combat with a Zent soldier the same size? They climb out of their Regults, which don't look nearly large enough for a VF-1 Battroid pilot, and then all of a sudden they are just as tall as a Battroid. Yet according to cannon a Zent soldier is supposed to be much smaller than a VF-1 Battroid. :wacko: I don't ever recall a VF-1 in hand to hand combat with a Zent soldier half the size.

Just because a VF-11 Gerwalk looks roughly the same size as a YF-21 Battroid when it's catching it from falling, doesn't mean they are the same size. Not that I really care one way or the other, I'm just making a point. It will be interesting to see what the final dimensions of the VF-11 turn out to be.

BIG is always better :lol:

:wacko:

Wow that's interesting to hear. Is that like the colour of the vf-0 how it changed from white to grey? :D

LOL! ^_^

Here's a picture of a 1/100 VF-19 and 1/100 VF-11. The 11 is noticably smaller than the 19. Kawamori will probably bring it closer in height to the 19.

Alas, all those old VF-11 model kits will now be off scale.

post-221-1214242060_thumb.jpg

I'm surprised and not surprised by the size being retconned. Whatever, as long as it's not as large as the 19, 21, 0, or SV-51. I hope the price range stays closer to the 1/60 VF-1 though... :unsure:

The which and the what now?

The vf-0 CF in the OVA had a more whitish color than the flat gray used on the yamato 1/60 CF... so there was a little uproar and we were told that the CFs were meant to be grey all along.

Actually, we were originally told the CF was SHIN!!! And we were told that his white chest stripe and the thunderbolts on his helmet were animation mistakes. And then later on, the actual Shin type was released.

Well said! :D

My explanation/idea for the Zentran of different sizes (in the anime) is that the Regults were built in different scales to suit the

varying sized Zentran soldiers. Not all of them were the same size (take Breetai/Exedore - forgot names in jap), there are

heaps of scenes where the pods looked as small as the Valks, and much larger.

The vf-0 CF in the OVA had a more whitish color than the flat gray used on the yamato 1/60 CF... so there was a little uproar and we were told that the CFs were meant to be grey all along.

Actually, we were originally told the CF was SHIN!!! And we were told that his white chest stripe and the thunderbolts on his helmet were animation mistakes. And then later on, the actual Shin type was released.

Yeah, whitish, not white, your correct, same goes for the CF-51 how it came out different as a 1/60 scale.

If one were to believe the animation vs. the given stats, the VF-11 would look awfully similar in size to the YF-21. 'Bout the same wingspan, too.

VF11-21-comp-2.jpg

VF11-21-comp-1.jpg

It'd be nice to have it closer to the 19/21's size, just for appearance's sake, but regardless I'll probably be picking up an 11, QC issues willing. I love its look and combined departure and adherence to the general VF transformation style. Hopefully it has nicely implemented (and non-floppy) wing flaps too, as they're shown in definite use in the OVA/Movie.

Has anyone found any pictures of the "under development" toy yet? I've looked on the internet, but to no avail. I think I'm still 3 valks behind in Yamatos world. Perhaps macrossworldcon08??? Hint hint

I think they were pretty explicit about no photos of this thing when the prototype was shown recently. That's not to say there couldn't have been a leak, but I imagine it'd have shown up by now.

I hope they start of with Pink Pecker VF-11!

That would be awesome! Finally an officially Macross 7 Yamato!

VFTF1

Shut up Keith! eh? Wait a sec you're not Keith. Sorry... :lol::lol::lol:

when did Yamato get angry at Graham??

There was an incident some years ago when someone released either some pictures or some information on releases to come that we didn't know about. Graham had nothing to do with it, but Yamato saw and got pissed at Graham. Yamato stopped giving him info for a while. It wasn't until somewhat recently that Yamato started communicating with Graham again.

Though he hasn't been able to give us as much advanced info as before.

This is going off of foggy memory, so I'm sure someone that remembers better can fill in the details.

I keep looking at my old 1/72 VF-11B, then I look to the 1/60 YF-19, and then I imagine what could be with the new 1/60 VF-11B. It's a very pleasant thought. :D

There was an incident some years ago when someone released either some pictures or some information on releases to come that we didn't know about.

It was the pic of the prototype YF-19 FP.

I hope they get the vertical stabilizers to stay hidden away. The 1/72 I have on my desk keeps having those stabilizers pop out of the legs a bit.

I do wonder how the gunpod will store on the new 1/60, since the handle on it is a bit irregular compared to the other traditional gunpods we've seen (this one has a handguard incorporated in front of the grip).

As for the VF-11B size being corrected by Kawamori because he feels he made the stat size too small originally, I'm fine with it. Especially when the VF-11B being bigger is supported by its appearance in Macross Plus.

I hope they get the vertical stabilizers to stay hidden away. The 1/72 I have on my desk keeps having those stabilizers pop out of the legs a bit.

Also if they could get them to be larger and still retract as IMO they are too small on the old one.