Yamato GN-U Non-transforming Macross Action Figures

Graham

I think this is awesome news! As much as I love my 1/60 and 1/48 transforming Yamato Valks, they really aren't what I would consider "toys," and I'm always nervous to even touch those things, due to their ridiculous price points.

Now, a cheap and affordable line of Valks that are more than just VF-1s? HELLS YEAH! I'm in. Eh, so they don't transform. I love Revoltechs and the like, so this is a win-win for me, considering the price and range of models to choose from. All I gotta say is: ENEMY MECHA! PLEASE, YAMATO!

Artculation-wise, I'd say these should be more like HCM-Pro than Revoltech, which means pretty good articualtion, but you might not be able to do the patented Revoltech funky breakdancing poses. However, on the upside the new Yamato toys won't have huge exposed ugly ball joints everwhere like the Revoltechs.

Also, the Yamato figures, will be made mostly of ABS, not rubber dog poo (sorry, PVC), like the Revoltechs and MSiA.

The Yamatos are also going to be as accurate as possible to the lineart, given the necessary compromises necessary for the size and articulation, which means pretty damn accurate.

Basically, these are designed as fun toys, which won't break the bank if you want to purchase multiples.

Graham

Artculation-wise, I'd say these should be more like HCM-Pro than Revoltech, which means pretty good articualtion, but you might not be able to do the patented Revoltech funky breakdancing poses. However, on the upside the new Yamato toys won't have huge exposed ugly ball joints everwhere like the Revoltechs.

Also, the Yamato figures, will be made mostly of ABS, not rubber dog poo (sorry, PVC), like the Revoltechs and MSiA.

The Yamatos are also going to be as accurate as possible to the lineart, given the necessary compromises necessary for the size and articulation, which means pretty damn accurate.

Basically, these are designed as fun toys, which won't break the bank if you want to purchase multiples.

Graham

Great news Graham, thank you very much ^_^

I think the Macross destroids will be awesome, but if someday Yamato will release a MKII Monster in 1/60 (the first one or the one from Macross Zero) that will be really really impresive

Silly Gaijin devil, 1500 yen is not $50.

Graham

So, these are suppose to have BETTER materials and are CHEAPER than Revoltechs... this I have to see. But they better get the REGULTS, GLAUGS AND THE MACROSS on the list quick or I'll lose interest fast. I wouldnt mind more VF-1s but I'd have to see something against it or another line is just not worth it.

but you might not be able to do the patented Revoltech funky breakdancing poses.

Graham

but break dancing is so cool! :( lol

great news, i love the idea of $15 macross toys. i wouldn't buy 1/60 enemy mechs or destroids for $150-$200 a piece but i would definitely get them for $15!!! that's if they really do look great and have great articulation as advertised. the gbp was also waay too much for me to consider at 1/48 but i'd get one at this size!!! i'd even take some similar scaled and similar priced non-transformable fighters!!! i'm not willing to buy 1/60 ghosts for $50+ but i'd take them for $15. or how bout similar sized and similar priced ships? like a $15 daedalus or a $15 armd carrier!!! or a nuptitet-genz(sp) or sdf-1!!!! that would be the shiznit.

edit: btw graham what the heck is a nora type sv-61?

Edited by cyde01

Wow this is great news. I've only just started collecting Gundam HCM Pro's and I love them, so Macross mecha in the same style will be great. As for the loss of transformation, that doesn't bother me at all in a small scale. Have to agree on the Revoltech PVC poo it really sucks and lacks the detail that can be acheived in a harder plastic. Can't wait to see these!!!!!

lol. well i guess Revoltech won't be bothering with anything else Macross wise but the VF-1s... That's good, i want more chick figures, or something more exotic like a Ninja Scroll line... One thing i would get VERy bored with is non-transformable Battroids. But for other Battroids not VF-1's woo hoo!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well, I'm definitely checking this line out when it is released. As long as the figures stay together well and have advantages in their own right like the Revoltechs, I'll be happy. A VF-11 action figure is just too much to pass up. And if that Battroid toy turns out to be great, pruchases of YF-19 and YF-21 figures will definitely follow.

i'll be skipping these.

the thing that makes these toys so cool is the fact that they transform.

when you take that part out of the equation, you're left with gundams.

added:

come to think of it, this may be a way for yamato to finally release destroids and enemy mecha.

while i'm skipping the valks, i'll pick them up the other stuff if its made.

Edited by do not disturb

i'll be skipping these.

the thing that makes these toys so cool is the fact that they transform.

when you take that part out of the equation, you're left with gundams.

added:

come to think of it, this may be a way for yamato to finally release destroids and enemy mecha.

while i'm skipping the valks, i'll pick them up the other stuff if its made.

I'll be watching this line for enemy mecha and destroids as well.

what figures are being released besides macross characters?

I think this might be the same line that the upcoming Groizer and Bryger figures are in. Those two DO 'transform', but only by removing and swapping parts.

At the very, very least I'd love to see this line offer a large-scale Zentraedi figure for our 1/48's to brawl with.

Edited by eriku