Wave High advancd Model 1/5000 DYRL SDF-1 Diecast!

xstoys

I'm not sure if anyone has posted about this yet.

Wave is putting out a transforming Diecast/ ABS 1/5000 scale DYRL SDF-1. It's length is 240mm. Pre-order price is 15,540 Yen.

http://www.hobby-wave.com/pickup/macross/index.html

Here is the translation:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Culture is exceeded and "Song" that keeps being universal is TV animation "Empty fortress Macross of super-time" in the maximum theme in 1982 to gain popular by novel series development like love stories etc. of heroes who flow to situation and the basis of combat with different Hoshihit and reformative mechanism designs. It becomes the title, and stage of the story and space warship for the becoming it combat "Macross" appear as a product of ..high quality.. Can model. The model is empty fortress ..theater version ".. Macross of super-time that receives the smash hit of the TV series, and was open to the public in 1984. ††The version that appears in Do it love and do it remember?" is faithfully reproduced. A possible transformation is possible without the replacement of parts from "Fortress warship" to "Tsyoseme type". Moreover, the feature of this final product maximum model must use ABS and the die cast for most of the exterior parts. ABS that the reproduction power is high is used for parts for which a detail exact though the die cast is used to obtain the weight feeling when having it in the hand is necessary. Various materials are adopted according to the usage. After all, Mecamono was particular about the material though the action figure and Toi were general made of PVC of a hard feeling.

W.H.A.M. ! ( WAVE HIGH ADVENCED MODEL )

SDF-1  Macross

SDF-1 MACROSS

- 20061/5000* scales the end of December of age

- ABS/final product made of die cast (made of PVC partially) model

Pre-bid price ¥15,540(including tax)

- 1Superprecision model who thoroughness reproduces SDF-1 Macross of "Do it love and do it remember?" version of the theater version by/5000 scales (About 240mm: At the fortress warship).

- Hybrid model who uses various materials such as die cast, ABS, and PVC according to shape and gimmick

- It is possible to transform from the fortress warship to the Tsyoseme type and to transform it from the Tsyoseme type to the fortress warship completely moreover.

- Special stand attachment that can correspond to of fortress warship, Tsyoseme type, and of each

©1984 Biccuest

Unauthorized use and the reprint without permission of sentences and images are prohibited.

©WAVE CORPORATION  e-Mail :info@wavecorp.co.jp

Now the question due to the statement that its a model, so do we have to paint it or does it come prepainted. If its prepainted, taking into consideration that it's of diecast and abs construction, then i would say the price is just about right for me.

Cheers

Edited by recon

So a little over US$130 (before taxes and shipping).

So does the 240mm mean from feet to head or from feet to the tips of the main guns?

Personally, I'd still like to see the Macross in a scale that makes it slightly (but noticeably) larger and bigger than the 1/48 Valks. Gotta make the namesake of the series stand out in the display!

Just tell me where to preorder it from and its mine. . . .

If we're talking the 240mm (24cm) being measured from head to feet for the Macross, then yeah it probably is comparable to the 1/48 VF-1's.

But if the 240mm measurement is from the top of the big guns to the feet (with the guns in the position they're in in these pictures), I'm guessing it would look "smaller" than the various Valks that recon mentioned.

Edited by Mog

Could this possibly be the item graham is hinting about? :lol:

From the description, i can see "ABS" and "PVC" but not sure about die cast. You guys sure bout this? Even if there's diecast, i'm sure its gonna be bare minimum to hold some joints.

whooott!! this is great news! I hope this comes out as a toy rather than a model cause Im too lazy to build one...but since its from Wave, I wouldnt set my hopes too high

this would be nice as a backdrop for 1/48's photoshooting...as if the SDF is at a distance away...

Could this possibly be the item graham is hinting about? :lol:

From the description, i can see "ABS" and "PVC" but not sure about die cast. You guys sure bout this? Even if there's diecast, i'm sure its gonna be bare minimum to hold some joints.

If Graham knew about this then he shouldn't have had to hide it being as it has nothing to do with Yamato.

Either way it's pretty awesome, I will look into affording it when it comes out.

btw, anyone esle think the acronym for the line is hilarious?

Edited by Fort Max

That picture in CF-18's post, on the right, is that a 1/60 VF-0s next to the SDF-1? If so, ummm, yeah I like this scale.....

Edit..... Wait I am an idiot, if thsi is Wave's table then that would likely be their 1/72 Vf-0S Battroid kit. Still, I think the scale is not terribly small and I'd buy one or two for that price if I am not mistaken.

~Edit number 2, OK I was under the incorrect assumption that the Wave kit was 1/72.....Doh, every time I look back at the thread it keeps getting smaller. Time for me to shut up and get out a ruler :p

Edited by Ghadrack

...btw, anyone esle think the acronym for the line is hilarious?

I have no idea what you mean... WHAM! :p:lol:

This SDF-1 is like a bolt out of the blue, isn't it? It is a bit pricey, but it looks so good that if it is confirmed that it is fully transformable, and pre-painted with minor assembly, I'm very tempted to pre-order one.

Does anyone know if HLJ will be carrying this thing... the 5% early bird discount will make the deal a little sweeter.

Edited by mechaninac

So this is the same mold as the Yellow Submarine model, I wonder how durable it is, since the model itself is resin and kinda heavy i hope this does not break as soon as it is transformed.

the wave model is made of diecast + abs + pvc (for details).

i think it's more durable than resin

i dont think they'be used the yellow sub mold. it's 1/4000 and this one is 1/5000 ... and the proportions are quite different :

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models...macrossdyrl.htm

Edited by isamu_dyson