See, I'm thinking from the lighting there, that might actually be the door hanging in front of the gear strut, combined with a bit of glint off the lower half of the strut.

Otherwise, I don't see any gear doors there. The pic is too low resolution to really tell.

If its anything like the 1/72 version the doors split in two lengthwise and slide into the nose so there can't be a door in front of the strut.

Maybe the top half of the gear is plastic and they'll paint it for the production models, unless this is production ready and in that case its just lazy. These are the guys who didn't even bother painting the intakes on the VF-25G and RVF-25 afterall.

nosecone

I scratched my head at this for longer than id like to admit until i realized what it said. "neo scone wtf?"

Since I got the hayate plastic kit (which was fun to put together) I will probably pass this one up and wait for messer or mirage valks to go on preorder. I hope they are announced soon!

Thank God I don't have to work the next day, or I'd most likely just miss the preorder. Is there any sort of time given? Sorry if it's been answered. I haven't been in here in a very long time.

Well, I shall prioritize. 31A Kairos first, then the 31F - I think that was Messer's type. Then I'm done. If I miss one, then Mirage's Delta 04. Not too big a fan of her paint scheme, but being flown by a hot elf chick in a skintight flight suit goes a long way.

I scratched my head at this for longer than id like to admit until i realized what it said. "neo scone wtf?"

Since I got the hayate plastic kit (which was fun to put together) I will probably pass this one up and wait for messer or mirage valks to go on preorder. I hope they are announced soon!

Good thing I didn't say 'neo scone' then. :rolleyes:

but what a way to knock em all over in the one hit eh!

yes would be pretty tragic.. on bank accounts, wallets and ones soul..

Time to pray then, dear sir. ;) But to be honest, how the store would handle all 5 PO's at the same time. And how are we able to PO everything at the same time too? Esp if you only have 5 sec to PO one. :wacko:

Thank God I don't have to work the next day, or I'd most likely just miss the preorder. Is there any sort of time given? Sorry if it's been answered. I haven't been in here in a very long time.

It's safe to assume 4pm Japan Time. Midnight PST. But not sure if there's an 'actual time' yet.

Somehow I like the way the container stored at the back horizontally like this.

It's like a dragon slayer carrying a buster sword on it's back ... :)

I'll be waiting for Messer's 31.

Looks a little straining on the back hinges, now that i had a 2nd look at it...

hope those fuselage hinges are tough....am waiting for the darn armor pack appearances! :5:

btw non DX related but just to whet your itasha fetishness

just.putting.this.here.in.all.its.gori.gori.

post-15116-0-13857400-1469595016_thumb.jpg

Edited by seti88

hope those fuselage hinges are tough....am waiting for the darn armor pack appearances! :5:

btw non DX related but just to whet your itasha fetishness

just.putting.this.here.in.all.its.gori.gori.

CoWEMLVXYAc2z7C.jpg

Normally not a fan of itasha but it suits the 31 given how they are used in delta.

Yes, hopefully they are tough.

Any issues reported on the DX YF30 'scorpion-tail' hinge ? Maybe we can reflect from that.

Same thinking about the armor pack, it even has low screentime in the anime too,unlike gratuitious Frontier.

The natural position of the 30s pod is over the battroid head which so far I don't thk I heard of much problems with the hinges.

did anyone hang theirs off the back? Even so it's got to be on a long term basis to detect any issues with hinges..mine is still ok but then I had it straight up.

sorry if this has been mentioned already but im not really liking the rear landing gear arrangement.. looks like they consolidated them with the knee cap covers which is fine if they were struggling for stowage space, "two birds with one stone" I get it, but when deployed they do look kinda crappy.. almost like an afterthought.. :unsure: ahhh crap guys we forgot about the landing gear! :o:rolleyes:

Bandai, please give us unpainted Toys like Yamato did before, it can be all gray or all white.

edit: it can also be the same color as the toy sample in the video

WHY would you do that?

sorry if this has been mentioned already but im not really liking the rear landing gear arrangement.. looks like they consolidated them with the knee cap covers which is fine if they were struggling for stowage space, "two birds with one stone" I get it, but when deployed they do look kinda crappy.. almost like an afterthought.. :unsure: ahhh crap guys we forgot about the landing gear! :o:rolleyes:

Yeah this was discussed when episode 02 showed that the rear gears were designed to open with the knee cap. Really it looks like an after-tougth!

I saw this picture which looks like a fighter-only model. This gives me some hope that the design can look better than the gears in the 1/72 transforming model.

Yeah this was discussed when episode 02 showed that the rear gears were designed to open with the knee cap. Really it looks like an after-tougth!

I saw this picture which looks like a fighter-only model. This gives me some hope that the design can look better than the gears in the 1/72 transforming model.

I think I remember reading about it now.. my bump to my head has really knocked my memory around a bit.. sorry to bring up an old topic..

so yeah looks like I won't be displaying the VF-31 with its gear extended..

Edited by spanner

In case anyone's interested the kit in question is the 1/144-scale Tomy Tec GIMIX VF-31J prepainted model. From the relevant threads, it seems it'll be fairly easy to build and require only cement/glue to finish. People are comparing it a little to the HMR toys.

Im still just happy it HAS landing gear.

Looks like a photoshop error for someone trying to make the nose shorter than it looks.

I have mixed feelings about this release... The design would require a lot of improvements: would it have a renewal version and should I skip first revision ?

Edited by Xigfrid

Looks like a photoshop error for someone trying to make the nose shorter than it looks.

I have mixed feelings about this release... The design would require a lot of improvements: would it have a renewal version and should I skip first revision ?

The top image is screenshot from Tamashii VF-31 page video, it isn't photoshopped, I really do hope this 1 time error on prototype :unsure:

Untitled_2.jpg

I highly doubt that this will get a renewal version. I think (hope) Bandai has learned the lessons from the 25's, 27's, 29's, and 31 to make these pretty solid. People are not going to be as forgiving at these price points!