DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

And how about you design the whole thing for the accessories this time instead of that horrible system of clip on missiles, armor that breaks the transformation, stresses key joints...

And don't sell them as websculsives... thanks in advance.

I would like for them to come up with a solution for the interchangable hands. I hate the use of the ball joints. The weight of the gunpod forces the hands to tilt down oover time.

I would like for them to come up with a solution for the interchangable hands. I hate the use of the ball joints. The weight of the gunpod forces the hands to tilt down oover time.

The weight of the gunpod causes the entire arm to tilt down on mine. (^.^;)

Better than mine, I'm pretty sure Michael's gunpod was so heavy it made my hips collapse. (ok, not really... I never put it in battroid to begin with. :p)

But yeah, ball jointed hands.. not so great, especially when you have to be able to remove them. It's basically building a point of failure into your design.

On the YF-29, it comes with a pair of hands with posable fingers and it dose not required to be removed during transformation. The finger joints are tight and it can hold the gunpod without any problem, even if you don't use the peg in the palm to hold it, one of the biggest improvement.

Edited by Swoosh

wow good thing i checked MW, was about to pull the trigger on a tornado VF-25G as mikhail's was the only valk i still wanted (i don't care for luca's). wonder if the upcoming V2's will look good or out of place with the original DX's. i'm going to be happy if they fix all the STUPID mistakes (turns into floppy mess just sitting on shelf, fear or cracking wing/shouler area on the armored ozma, lack of knee bending with superpacks/tornado armor) but crap, am i going to re-buy all this so soon?

wow good thing i checked MW, was about to pull the trigger on a tornado VF-25G as mikhail's was the only valk i still wanted (i don't care for luca's). wonder if the upcoming V2's will look good or out of place with the original DX's. i'm going to be happy if they fix all the STUPID mistakes (turns into floppy mess just sitting on shelf, fear or cracking wing/shouler area on the armored ozma, lack of knee bending with superpacks/tornado armor) but crap, am i going to re-buy all this so soon?

HEHEHE - but no, You can actually bend the knee in Tornado and Armor Packs - check out my pose posts. But you are right, you can't bend the knee on the Super Pack versions. <_<

5685276700_0dd2968b9b_z.jpg

Armored Messiah VF25S by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

5685276318_7841cae986_z.jpg

Tornado Messiah VF25G by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

I'm not rushing to buy anything. Also if you didn't know - there seems to be cracking stress issues on the yf29, I mean common' we all are responsible grown men (yes I said grown men), we just gotta treat our Valks like they were babies - Mine has no defects, no cracks nothing. And is staying that way. ^_^

And here's one for the road, and yes, it's my collection.... B))

5835058934_f6540d9282_z.jpg

DSC02753 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

V1s can't be posed my ass.... :rolleyes:

5835054986_0f849755f2_b.jpg

DSC02782 by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

wow nice poses man! i knew about the armored ozma being able to bend knees, never even put my tornado armor on the alto i have other than in fighter mode....i just assumed the leg armor design would be the same! just saw the yf-29 issue just now...i'll check mine later, but from that picture i have a feeling its an issue with handling....just my opinion. time will tell. maybe i should just buy the vf-25G tornado and be done...unless the v2 proves to be much superior.

HEHEHE - but no, You can actually bend the knee in Tornado and Armor Packs - check out my pose posts. But you are right, you can't bend the knee on the Super Pack versions. <_<

5685276700_0dd2968b9b_z.jpg

Wow, the most stunning pose I have ever seen with the Armor Pack!!!

Like I said before, all this non-sense with the VF25 DX Messiah Ghogokin series V1 not being able to pose or crappy knee motions with certain packs (Super) - if you got creativity, some knowledge you can push these figures to the edge.

Me, I'm skipping on the v2s. ^_^ I love my collection too much. :p

OK, I think we can be sure these new toys will at least look decent this time. Now all that worries me is

1) Price. Something tells me they won't be revisiting the 10,000 yen mark of the original DX25; they'll likely be following the Yamato model of gouginess.

2) Those f***ing ball joints. Somehow I don't see these going away, because even Yamato has been somehow fooled into thinking they're a good idea. They're good for 3-4 transformations and then you can forget about participating in that "Strike a pose!" thread. Seriously, they have got to go.

3) Would they go back and re-visit the Armour Pack Ozma? I avoided the original but if this one looks good and is sturdy....

I think I'm asking too much. But then, I'd be paying too much, so fair's fair.

I agee with the balljoint thing. I wish they invented some kind of joint that was a ball joint that clicked like a revoltech joint that didn't look ugly but was great for large toys. Maybe make a square joint that is like the rubick's cube but with clicks? lol

rubix_cube.jpg

"I am the future of mech joints!"

Each row/column has different click frequency. So you cna do a large and fine click. Like how you had two turrets on the leader class brawl. But just imagine this joint was easy to pop off so you can "tune" it? (like a quick release thing) Forget springloaded gimmicks and other things, let's see inovation in joints for larger figures.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Like I said before, all this non-sense with the VF25 DX Messiah Ghogokin series V1 not being able to pose or crappy knee motions with certain packs (Super) - if you got creativity, some knowledge you can push these figures to the edge.

Me, I'm skipping on the v2s. ^_^ I love my collection too much. :p

You've done some amazing poses! -- Poses that manage to hide the ugliness of the version 1.

I want a version that looks nice without having to hide. They did it with YF-29, and I am looking forward to VF-25 version 2!

You can do much more with it and your creativity.

Iam not that optimistic. The armor and super packs could very well be exclusives, since their main focus is in the Japanese market and don't really give a crap about overseas sales figures, online in Japan doesn't make things harder to get for locals, it's probably even easier since you click and the package arrives at your doorstep.

Selling online and skipping the retailer is a trend, to our disadvantage.

I agee with the balljoint thing. I wish they invented some kind of joint that was a ball joint that clicked like a revoltech joint that didn't look ugly but was great for large toys.

Does anyone remember ZOOBs? just make a ball joint where the ball is dimpled like a golf ball and have a couple pins in the cup that engages the dimples via spring pressure.

Edited by anime52k8

My shopping list of VF-25 V2 would be:

VF-25F with Super Pack

VF-25S with Armor Pack

VF-25G with Tornado/Super Pack

RVF-25 with Super Pack

Mine's the same, except I'd probably prefer the Tornado Pack on Alto. Please have mercy on us with the web exclusives Bandai!

no super pack?... bad sign :(

seriously, WTF Bandai? nobody wants a naked VF-25 toy, and this had better not be a Web exclusive or I'm gonna seriously punch someone in the face.

Edited by anime52k8

Looks pretty good so far, really need to see fighter mode though. If all looks good I'm going to try and hold off till an Ozma 25S is released.

Chris

i'll probably wait for the bundled packs to roll out... every single add-on pack for the v.1 was a Tamashii exclusive and I have a feeling it will be the same for the v.2... Bandai is the king of exclusives after all. but please, none of that baby blue 25F and Super Packs please... now those are for pussies :p

Holy Christ, SPOT. ON.

That is THE most accurate Battroid mode I've ever seen compared to the line art. If the fighter mode looks as good, then SHUT THE FRAK UP AND TAKE MY GODDAMNED MONEY!!

-Kyp

this

-b.