Not a valk but close

Found this by mistake on a japanese website. While it is not a valk, I think it is a kickass example of what the future of macrsso could have been would the series have progressed like the Gundam series for example.

Comments ?

post-26-1089852441_thumb.jpg

Edited by Montarvillois

i like it it, is a very sleak design , by the way you spelled Macross wrong (macrsso) :p

It'd have to be incredibly light.  Those feet don't have much displacement.

This thing would drive itself into the ground up to its knees if it was walking on dirt. Speaking of the knees they look like their jointed the other way.

Edited by valk1j

It looks like a kojima designed mecha. If you though this was ugly...wait till you see the Vic Viper from Zone Of The Enders 2.

Now I have to get the game just to see what's been done to the poor star of Gradius.

It looks like a kojima designed mecha. If you though this was ugly...wait till you see the Vic Viper from Zone Of The Enders 2.

Now I have to get the game just to see what's been done to the poor star of Gradius.

Eh? Its the star of gradius? I KNEW THE ARMNAMENTS LOOKED FAMILIAR! It all makes sense now....glowing balls of energy shooting stuff at you, wave cannon things......pffft.....sillly of me not to make the connection since it transforms.

I think reverse-joint knees could be nice, but they'd need to be flexed more and the feet need to be bigger.

Also, where does the pilot go? :huh:

there isnt space for a cockpit for a pilot to be in. my best guess a robot or a drone.

I think reverse-joint knees could be nice, but they'd need to be flexed more and the feet need to be bigger.

Also, where does the pilot go? :huh:

there isnt space for a cockpit for a pilot to be in. my best guess a robot or a drone.

Please don't shoot me,

I havew absolutely no recollection of where i found that beast.

It looks pretty cool to me. I like the small feet/legs because I'm a bit bored on oversized feet in mecha design.

Also, I like the way the wings fold along the arms.

It's tough to make a transforming jet that doesn't look anything like Kawamori... this one does it well.

It's interesting, but as far as "real world" practicality goes it doesn't hold a candle to anything Kawamori has designed in the last 15 years. It certainly isn't concerned with features like a pilot & cockpit, or engines.

I'd still buy a model of it, though.

It looks great, but where's the pilot supposed to go? or is it one of those no-pilot transforming robots.

The pilot will be squished inside the cockpit that doesn't excist anymore when transforming into a battroid. The devellopment team still need to find a less painful solution for that.

Seriously, the legs are fugly. Bubblegum Crisis in extreme forms.