Sci Fi and '80's on DVD

Gaijin

Since apparantly a lot of people aren't aware of some such shows coming to DVD (hence the why ALF, where's my Knight Rider?), here's a list of confirmed release dates for some sci fi and 80's/90's shows that are getting the DVD treatment this year. For shows that are already out, I never bothered to list 'em...just the ones that haven't bowed out on shiny coaster format yet.

;)

7/20/04

Boomtown Season 1

Millenium Season 1

7/27/04

Sledge Hammer 1st season

V: The Series: Complete Series

08/03/04

Knight Rider: Season 1

Sliders: Seasons 1 & 2

08/10/04

ALF: 1st Season

Manchild: First season

08/17/04

Benji, Zax, and The Alien Prince: Complete series

Happy Days Season 1 (Cause Fonzie's coool)

08/24/04

Kolchak: The Night Stalker

The Munsters: 1st season

08/31/04

Star Trek : 1st season

09/07/04

The Twilight Zone: Complete Season (The new one)

Info is from Amazon, TVshows on DVD, and press releases from respective studios. :)

Edited by Gaijin

Yup. I'll probably pick up SLEDGEHAMMMMMMMMMMMMMER! Hehehehehehe.

If Star Trek is also for a decent price I'll pick it up.

But I also can't wait for the Seinfeld Season DVD Boxsets (sometime in November).

If Star Trek is also for a decent price I'll pick it up.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paramount takes a perverse joy in raping the fans.

That's why the last batch of DVDs didn't sell. 2 episodes a disk, for something like 30$ per disk.

Hey, let's not forget one of the greatest live action childrens shows to ever come out on DVD just recently: The Land of the Lost.

Everyone, sing! Marshall, Will, and Holly, on a routine expedition, met the greatest earthquake ever known,

High on the rapids, it struck that tiny raft, and plunged them down a thousand feet below,

To the land of the lost,

To the land of the lost...

Look I realize that this show may seem kind of bad now, but when I was 9 years old, it was the bomb.

Normally I can see buying Vice or Magnum on DVD... but they show them in order daily on SpikeTV, so I've pretty much watched all of them now, thanks to my DVR recorder.

SledgeHammer is tempting... I'm still holding out for more Homicide box sets. And The Wire, too.

Hey I started that thread a while back for the sledge hammer DVD... got locked... :( There was suppose to be three fans here but it turned out to be more than 10... :p

Anyway... 80's shows I wanna see

Miami Vice

Crime story

Parker Lewis Can't Lose

Airwolf

Homefront (90's?)

Greatest American Hero

Riptide

Voyagers!

A-Team

Moonlighting

Remington Steele

maybe those are all on DVD already who knows...

The A-Team Season 1 DVD came out a few weeks ago.

:o:o:o Cool.

I will definately buy the original Star Trek on DVD. Still waiting for Pretender and Space Above and Beyond as well.

I'm surprized the Hulk hasn't come out yet with the Hollywood Marvel binge of late. Don't think I'd buy it, but surprized it's not out yet anyway.

I want the Original Twilight Zone and Outer Limits as well.

Magnum....

A-Team....

Parker Lewis....

I'm a little more excited about Sledge, but that's because I haven't seen it since I was a kid.

I'm not familiar with that series, who's starring in that? What's the synopsis?

Magnum....

A-Team....

Parker Lewis....

I'm a little more excited about Sledge, but that's because I haven't seen it since I was a kid.

I'm not familiar with that series, who's starring in that? What's the synopsis?

Its basically a parody of Dirty Harry. Semi-Serious IIRC.... but the main character likes to shoot people. :)

I remember specifically one morning him waking up with his gun on the pillow next to him... he looks over and is all "I had a dream about you last night...."

Sledge Hammer was a psychotic freak :D No wonder why we love him as kids!

Is it true that there will be commentary by Sledge himself (The actor who played Sledge)?

Knight Rider on the list is great. Now if they only put out Hardcastle and McCormack (I remember pops buying me a toy Coyote Car as a kid) I'll be alright.

Another childhood favorite is now out on DVD. Wonder Woman!! All the first season eps and the pilot movie is in it. I now have The Feminum Mystique to see for the rest of my life :) Damn right I'm passin it to my kids!

I'm surprized the Hulk hasn't come out yet with the Hollywood Marvel binge of late.  Don't think I'd buy it, but surprized it's not out yet anyway.

Actually, the TV series was released on DVD back in October. There is another show I want on DVD from my childhood, and I was mesmerized by it because she was friggin' hot. Lynda Carter rules!

Edit* D'oh! I guess I should have read JRock's post!

post-26-1089679251_thumb.gif

Edited by Noriko Takaya

Was Fall Guy the one that had Del Shannon's "Runaway" as it's opening theme?

No, the opening song was The Unknown Stuntman, written by Glen A Larson, Gail Jensen, and David Sommerville. It was also sung by the Six Million Dollar Man himself, Lee Majors.

Speaking of which, that is another show I would like to see on DVD. Love that corny bionics show, but not its spin-off. Lindsay Wagner was cute, but I could do without that show.

Still no SAaB or Pretender, arrgh. ANd what on god's green earth is "Benji, Zax and the Alien Prince" and why does it deserve DVD immortailization?

Since this appears to have gone unanswered, BZ&AP was a really lame Saturday morning live action series about some exiled alien prince stuck on earth with his pet robot. They meat up with Benji (the dog from the 70's and 80's movies) and have adventures. And no, it does not deserve a DVD release.

As for all the shows being released, a lot of them I'd love to see again, but I don't think I'd watch them enough to justify buying the discs.

BZ&AP was a really lame Saturday morning live action series about some exiled alien prince stuck on earth with his pet robot. They meat up with Benji (the dog from the 70's and 80's movies) and have adventures. And no, it does not deserve a DVD release.

Afraid to admit that I remember that... :p