auctions of great absurdity

kanata67

Hmm that version of fire convoy is super rare now, but 185 is nuts, :huh:

I wouldn't say it is super rare I just saw one recently for much less than that MISB too. Honestly unless it is the Limited Super Black Fire Convoy from RID I don't see the point in getting the Takara version when the Hasbro version is a)cheaper, b)just as good, and c)readily available.

ah yes but does your scream out "supa faiya conboy!!!!!!!"" in japanese?

Is there like a vigilante group of bidders on eBay who bid up obviously worthless items to ridiculous amounts and then default on payment just to make the seller (who usually have 1 or less feedback) annoyed / waste the seller's time? I mean, check it out, all 43 (or more by now, i don't know) bids were made by 0 or 1 FB bidders!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...9&rd=1&tc=photo

Man, that is retarded, if you look at the pictures they provide in the auction it looks like they have some 4th grader chained up in the basement that they make reproduce the books in stunningly lackluster detail :p

$450 to $550 for that? I am in the wrong line of work.....

Never insult a 4th grader, they are a lot more resilant than that...

However, it seems to me that they got a bunch of rejected science experimental monkees to head the project in the first place.

I wouldn't say it is super rare I just saw one recently for much less than that MISB too. Honestly unless it is the Limited Super Black Fire Convoy from RID I don't see the point in getting the Takara version when the Hasbro version is a)cheaper, b)just as good, and c)readily available.

Hmm not so much the toy, but the box. Most super fire convoys were released in the regular non-windowed box. The ones that were released in the G1 Style windowed box are much harder to come by even though its essentially the same toy as the other super fire convoy. And if you can find a black super fire convoy for that price thats a steal compared to how much they usually go for and how rare they are. I'd lay down 185 in a heartbeat for one heh :o

More power to you bud, but man, that much for a fracking box? :lol:

ah yes but does your scream out "supa faiya conboy!!!!!!!"" in japanese?

Do I care? :huh: Nope. :p:lol:

:lol::lol: yup that is what i thought, i knew the name sounded familiar.

chris

A little update on VF-1 Jasun, I never did get the item I won but he did refund my money. Kinda seemed like he knew it never got shipped and was just hoping I wouldn't come looking for it. I told him I'd keep him bad-feedback-free if he could produce the item or another variant since he owns every RT item ever and he said he would... then posted his entire collection up for auction leaving me SOL again...

I just can't get over this auction.

300 items for $30,000 equals $100 per each item.

I can name maybe 10 Robotech items worth more than $100.

maybe if he had a pic of the collection...

maybe if he wasn't proud of a action figure varient...

maybe if I was on crack and didn't have better things to spend my money on... like more crack :blink:

Anybody watching this auction?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5574519466

I'm guessing it's a hammer you can use to knock yourself out with. Note it only seems to take you forward in time, not back again. As such the only line that doesn't fit seems to be this one "Also, I would not consider myself overly wealthy, but I have used this device several times to find out the results of lotteries." Surely those bids aren't real.

Personally I liked checking out the sellers past wins. Ask youself what would someone with a time machine want to buy from this time period off eBay. What ever you guess I can almost assure you that you are wrong.

Odd... very very odd...

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

I'm guessing it's a hammer you can use to knock yourself out with. Note it only seems to take you forward in time, not back again. As such the only line that doesn't fit seems to be this one "Also, I would not consider myself overly wealthy, but I have used this device several times to find out the results of lotteries." Surely those bids aren't real.

Personally I liked checking out the sellers past wins. Ask youself what would someone with a time machine want to buy from this time period off eBay. What ever you guess I can almost assure you that you are wrong.

Odd... very very odd...

Carl

i'm actually more interested in the seller's banned cartoon vcds :lol:

I'm guessing it's a hammer you can use to knock yourself out with.  Note it only seems to take you forward in time, not back again.  As such the only line that doesn't fit seems to be this one "Also, I would not consider myself overly wealthy, but I have used this device several times to find out the results of lotteries."  Surely those bids aren't real.

Personally I liked checking out the sellers past wins.  Ask youself what would someone with a time machine want to buy from this time period off eBay.  What ever you guess I can almost assure you that you are wrong.

Odd... very very odd...

Carl

i'm actually more interested in the seller's banned cartoon vcds :lol:

Dat Pinche Haro! ... pm me. I'm a big fan of supressed media as well. I can hook u up with 80% of whats on the list plus some other odd stuff the seller doesn't have yet for the cost of shipping+.30 for blank cds. I won't even charge for depreciation of my burner ;)

a declare out and out fraud on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

can anybody else spot why? This one irks me soooo much... How does one report such sellers to ebay and make them suffer??? Lord knows I can take a pic om my stickered and my painted matsu to show ebay why this SOB should have sharp hot pointies placed somewhere unpleasant, but is it worth my time.

can anybody else spot why? This one irks me soooo much... How does one report such sellers to ebay and make them suffer??? Lord knows I can take a pic om my stickered and my painted matsu to show ebay why this SOB should have sharp hot pointies placed somewhere unpleasant, but is it worth my time.

educate me :lol::lol:

both the stickered and the painted had room for the symbol... not a sticker moved off something else and put on a jetfire wing. It's even peeling! Without a good look at the head lasers I can't say whether they moved a sticker and backplate to a different jetfire or replaced a wing on an actuial matsu. I'm betting on moving the backplate though looking at what I can see.

DSCN4392.JPG

Edited by kanata67

both the stickered and the painted had room for the symbol... not a sticker moved off something else and put on a jetfire wing. It's even peeling! Without a good look at the head lasers I can't say whether they moved a sticker and backplate to a different jetfire or replaced a wing on an actuial matsu. I'm betting on moving the backplate though looking at what I can see.

DSCN4392.JPG

Looks legit to me, I can see circular white space around the macross sticker indicating the red stripe does not go underneath. Plus it has the lined canopy and the correct head lasers as you can see the indents near the base of the barrels in this shot.

post-12-1114575426_thumb.jpg

he is really talking about yugioh or any trading cards pack (sports, comic, etc) . when you buy a pack of cards they are all the same price but when you open the pack you may pull some cards that are worth alot of money in other packs you may pull nothing. same with his auction. he filled up a bunch of equal sized boxes with gundam stuff and sealed them when you are the high bidder he gives you one box. if you are lucky you just might pull somehting nice, it seems like one guy pulled a Perfect grade MK II for about $10.50 and another guy spent $26.00 and got a perfect grade zeta Gundam. which is really good might i add.

I just saw this auction, and the first thing that pop into my mind was that the winner is going to get some HGs or at most 1 MG..

It looks like the sellers can choose to give you whatever he wants.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5972050175

Here what I notice from his auctions,

only buyers with no feedback were getting the Perfectgrades?

The first 2 of his winning auction recieved a Perfectgrades,, that's 2 time in a row, what are the chances.

Notice people with more feedback seems to get nothing,, it looks like they both worked something out, the seller also didn't give those buyer any feedback.

So from the looks of things I don't think all of these items were already pre boxed,, but instead depending on the ending result of the bid, he'll just send you something close to the price range of that item. But closer to the highs than the lowes. This for me is consider a Rigged drawing.

Edited by F360°

i to had thought about this after i typed it, it is hard to say. i thought about taking a chance and bidding on one of his auctions and seeing what i get. if i ever do i will post what i got on this site

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Okay....I was browsing through ebay and found a couple of auctions for an SDF-1

First one I found AUCTION 1

Now I found another one AUCTION 2

The first one is located in Cali.

The second one is located in Texas.

The both have the exact same title, same pictures and almost the same descriptions....

One of them has to be a scam. I tend to think the first one is legit. they are both low right now, but I would advise caution.

Rob

Okay....I was browsing through ebay and found a couple of auctions for an SDF-1

First one I found AUCTION 1

Now I found another one AUCTION 2

The first one is located in Cali.

The second one is located in Texas.

The both have the exact same title, same pictures and almost the same descriptions....

One of them has to be a scam. I tend to think the first one is legit. they are both low right now, but I would advise caution.

Rob

i have won the texas one but then i have tried emailing the first one, in california, not so resposive, and he actually kicked one bidder out to let me win the bid, and he emailed me.

The second was rather responsive regarding the shipping and others. i can proof with email. so what ya guys think ?

Okay, maybe I'm crazy, but I never thought a Jetife was worth over a thousand dollars, minty mint or not:Jetfire Auction on EvilBay :blink:

this is the second i have seen hit the thousand mark. it looks like it is in very good shape plus it has been graded a 90 and is sealed in the plastic holder case. stuff like this always increases the value. you see this hapen in sports cards very often. i myself would not pay that much for one but it is a very good condition one and the owner is probably quite happy right now.

chris