Are the Fast Packs Evil?

Magnus

Hey guys, last November I caved and bought the Hikaru 1/48VF-1S, my first ever. I guess I lucked out, because it has absolutely zero QC issues with it. Having landed a decent summer job, I recently ordered the super/strike Fast Pack set, because my valk is getting tired of being nekkid all the time.

But after reading through some of the threads here, particularly those about the 1/48’s broken backpack hinge, it seems as though the weight of the Fast Packs exacerbates the problem…..soooo, should I be scared of putting my new Fast Packs on my valk once they arrive? Anyone have any handling tips? I really, really don’t want this piece to break, as it seems like an enormous pain in the arse to replace.

when removing, make sure you try to keep the backpack even and don't let it wiggle side to side too much when you're trying to take them off. do the the same thing when your putting them on as well and you should be fine.

i play with mine all the time(taking armor and and off) and i have yet to break the BP8...... its so sad i'm starting to remember part numbers. :p

when removing, make sure you try to keep the backpack even and don't let it wiggle side to side too much when you're trying to take them off. do the the same thing when your putting them on as well and you should be fine.

Haterist has it right... I accomplish this by adding and removing the fastpack thrusters simultaneously, pushing or pulling on them with equal and symmetrical pressure. Haven't had any problems yet.

the fast packs aren't evil, the missiles are!

here's the problem I always have, as soon as I pick it up, the missiles fall off!

bombs away!

A little strategically placed two-sided tape will take care of that. ;)

As for the other's 1/48 concerns don't ham-fist it and it'll be fine.

How about Yamato making that part METAL?

Don't give me that song and dance about how it's not supposed to 'played' with. They're made to be transformed so THEY WILL BE TRANSFORMED.

Come on Yamato, cough up the metal! And maybe raise the price a few bucks if you have to.

Don't give me that song and dance about how it's not supposed to 'played' with. They're made to be transformed so THEY WILL BE TRANSFORMED.

Come on Yamato, cough up the metal! And maybe raise the price a few bucks if you have to.

damn straight!

also, the good advice I've heard is to take the boosters off the backpack whilst transforming so there isn't so much weight hanging by that little joint.... good advice (I don't follow it, but good advice nonetheless)

P.S. follow haterist's advice!!

i had zero problems w/ my 1/48 & the fp's.you have to be careful w/ any toy that has that much detail,so that's a given.and,for the love of pete,play with your toys.anybody that teases someone about playing with a toy is only lashing out at others for their own self-conciousness.i play w/ my valks,i play w/ my hotrod & i sure as hell play w/ my girl.she makes a great meltran. news flash dude....chicks aren't turned off by guys who play w/ toys,they're turned off by a guy who's not confident enough in himself to play w/ them reguardless of what others think.confidence is uber-sexy to a girl.toys aren't turn offs,weak men are though ;)

yea damn right! its a freaking TOY! God have you people even handled a gundam model kit? Those shi*s will break years before your 1/48 will! and I have proof! every model I have has broken byut my 1/48? HELL no And I handled it way more than my models~

BTW yea BP8 really needs to be casted in metal. Slap in the face to whoevber in yamato thought making that in plastic was the right thing to do. dont give us this japanese fan dont break it crap from all accounts they probably bitched about it more than we did.

Yes people. Play with your 1/48. Don't be afraid to try new things and explore its body and every single panel line........heh. Let's not go there.

I do realise people who play their singular 1/48 appreciate it better than a person who has tonnes of them but never plays with them.

*carreses Roy VF-1S ever so gently* :lol:

yeah the only problem i've really had with the FP kit is the RMS missiles....just like everyone who got a FP kit. :p they stay on for the most part but a slight jiggle...forget about it. :rolleyes: i used the nail polish trick on one set of missiles and it worked out very nicely. i don't like doing that kind of stuff to my valks but i have more than my fair share of RMS missiles, so what the heck. :D

BTW, the only thing i've really broken so far on any of my valks is 1 missile cluster(1J millia) other than that, i haven't lost or broken anything and i constantly play(gawk alot more) with my valks. B)) you'd be amazed how durable the 1/48 can be...a few people have dropped it and not had a single thing break....lucky maybe but thats more than most toys would hold up to.

yeah here's a tip.. display it...don't play with it like some of the geeks in this forum :blink:

I don't care if you play with it or not. If your a grown man spending almost 200$ on a toy for yourself, you might just be a little eccentric(<--That's the artsy word for geek).

Edited by scand

yeah here's a tip.. display it...don't play with it like some of the geeks in this forum :blink:

I don't care if you play with it or not. If your a grown man spending almost 200$ on a toy for yourself, you might just be a little eccentric(<--That's the artsy word for geek).

Or you may not give a crap what other people think about you. :rolleyes:

I fall in the category of buying them, displaying them and not really playing with them at all. Hey but if playing with them makes you happy, do it and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

I fall in the category of buying them, displaying them and not really playing with them at all. Hey but if playing with them makes you happy, do it and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

EXACTLY.

who cares if people say itws childish? Do what you want! Its almost as if saying if someone jumps a bridge you woujld to. What the hell is wrong with being different? NOTHING!

I don't play with my 1/48 as much as I'd like, not because I'm above it or anything (I play with my Banprestos daily) but because [vin deisel] It scares the crap outa me [/vin deisel],

it's just so big and pretty and $$$, I don't want to break it.

Yes, the fast packs are quite evil.. I have two 1/48's and 2 FP sets.. And those stupid FP sets.. The 1/48's have detailed, intricate backpacks and tail fins.. very nice.. and the plane itself is very sleek for a transforming toy.. But do I ever see this? No. Why? Cuz I always have the fast packs on! :angry: Dammit... I take them off to admire the beauty and mechanical asthetics of it.. but they beg to be put back on, and are before the day's over, any money - making my Valk an invincible flying tank once again.. *sigh* -_-

Damn evil fast packs <_<

Edited by Phren