Why is a Super Ostrich called a Super Ostrich?

jasonkimberson

Maybe because all it can do is haul ass away from trouble? :unsure:

That is a good question though.

stricdon't read the "super" first, "Ostrich" mean the one who far away from danger and trouble,

and the "VT-1 Ostrich" is just for training ,not suppost for real fighting,

so that's the meaning .

Super Ostrich is the VT-1 OSTRICH with super pack armed.

just like the "super valkyrie" /"strike valkyrie"

So technically, the Super Ostrich just runs away faster. :D

stricdon't read the "super" first, "Ostrich" mean the one who far away from danger and trouble,

so  that's the meaning .

So technically, the Super Ostrich just runs away faster. :D

I always thought it was because it had the ability to evade its enemies by ducking its head into the body and pretending that no enemies were around. After all, if you can't see them, they can't see you right? :p

I think it is because Ostrich is just a cool name for a plane. It would seem kinda silly if it was called the VT-1 Super Chicken. (Something else that runs away from fights...only smaller....but tastes kinda good.)

Rob

Actually Ostriches are very violent and to protect their nest would attack even

a lion, they are no pushovers, though if there's nothing in need of defense

an ostrich will simply run away, less risky, and saves energy (copared to duking

it out with a lion)

what survivalstrategy is effective poking your head in a hole and pretend you're

not there

..... :huh: ...... :blink: ...... :o uhhm,... you see my point right? right???

don't read the "super" first, "Ostrich" mean the one who far away from danger and trouble,

so that's the meaning .

You know what? I've never thought of that, but you're right!

So the only right answer is that it sounds kinda cool? Is this written as scripture anywhere?

Never really understood the "elint" part of elintseeker either come to think about it.

don't read the "super" first, "Ostrich" mean the one who far away from danger and trouble,

so  that's the meaning .

Sounds good.

i think ELINT is short for Electronic Intelligence, which is what a modern AWACS does, and so does the VE-1...Plus it sounds cool...

Yup. ELINT is for ELectronic INTelligence. Such as SIGINT is SIGnals INTelligence and HUMINT is HUMan INTelligence , and so on, and so on.....

Now that what have those two out of the way...

Hows about the VEFR-1 Electronic Warfare Valkyrie "FUNNY CHINESE" ?!?!?

Appears neither CHINESE or even FUNNY ....hmmmm..... (unless you count the fact that the radome is too close to the fuselage to be of any use -- wouldn't want to be in that cockpit!! -- that could be considered "funny", but there was a long thread on that a while ago)

vefr-1-battroid.jpgvefr-1-fighter.jpg

Now that what have those two out of the way...

Hows about the VEFR-1 Electronic Warfare Valkyrie "FUNNY CHINESE" ?!?!?

Appears neither CHINESE or even FUNNY ....hmmmm..... (unless you count the fact that the radome is too close to the fuselage to be of any use -- wouldn't want to be in that cockpit!! -- that could be considered "funny", but there was a long thread on that a while ago)

I always assumed it was called "Funny Chinese" because the dish on the head resembles a wide brim hat, like those worn in Kung Fu movies or Raiden from Mortal Kombat. And seeing a hat like that on a mecha is sorta funny.

Of course I have no idea if that hat is chinese in origin at all. I know jack and crap about different asian culture fashions. And jack left town awhile ago. ;)

How is the "Funny CHinese" different from the standard Elintseeker? And what's the on his left arm? Looks like a bad ass plasma gun or something...nut i'm guessing its a laser painter or something?

How is the "Funny CHinese" different from the standard Elintseeker? And what's the on his left arm? Looks like a bad ass plasma gun or something...nut i'm guessing its a laser painter or something?

I thought they were the same. Obviously they are not in the designation VE-1 vs. VEFR-1. Maybe the VEFR-1 has anti-radiation missiles or jammers but they look the same as the VE-1.

I thought they were the same. Obviously they are not in the designation VE-1 vs. VEFR-1. Maybe the VEFR-1 has anti-radiation missiles or jammers but they look the same as the VE-1.

Aside from the minor differences I can tell from the drawings, like modifications on the wings and fins, a BIG difference I see is that there are no boosters and armor. How does the radome attach? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

Edited by dr_vandermeer

Aside from the minor differences I can tell from the drawings, like modifications on the wings and fins, a BIG difference I see is that there are no boosters and armor. How does the radome attach? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

Don't own a 1/60 ELINT, so i'm not too sure. But I suppose its connected to the part that folds out for the head to get through during transformation.

The Elint's battroid mode was never animated in DYRL was it?

Don't own a 1/60 ELINT, so i'm not too sure. But I suppose its connected to the part that folds out for the head to get through during transformation.

The Elint's battroid mode was never animated in DYRL was it?

it only appeared for 5 seconds showing the back view and a little side view in fighter mode. then you don't see it anymore for the rest of the movie. :(:ph34r:

I think that RichterX is right, the FAST packs don't work in atmosphere. If they wanted any kind of functions the ELINTseeker could have performed, then they would have to have the radome mounted to the valk itself. And the only part of valk that wouldn't be obstructed during transformation would be where wolfx thought that it would be; on that panel that opens for the head to go through.

post-4-1083888819_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...