Macross Music

Aegis!

I´m curious to know what particular song do you identify the most with Macross. what song do you think representates macross the best ?

I don´t know if anyone will agree with me but for It´s Idol Talk , when I listen to that song all those images of valks and space come to my head and all. Interestingly enough , some of M0 OST songs are starting to get really good after a while.

Man, that's a hard one! But I guess Neverending World from M3. Nice song to play when that special someone is with you. :wub::wub:

Hey Vos. You know where I could download it from? I can't find it on kazzaa or Soulseek....

The image of Min May throwing her right hands in the midst of battle on the bridge as she shings Ai Obete Imasuka and sways from side to side shall forever be etched in my memory of Macross.

Shao pai long as well....(little white dragon)

As an instrumental that music that play when Millia and Max have there fight on the DYRL Movie I think it was an extended version of commercial theme of the macross serie, that is a 100% Macross identifier :D

Tenshi No Enogu definitely does it for me.

EDIT: We also have a 15th and 20th Anniversary variations of this song. So you know it's a personal favorite for Mari Iijima as well (seeing how she wrote the lyrics and sung the song). B))

But Ai Oboete Imasu Ka runs a very, very, very close second.

-Voices (M+)

-Deja Vu (M2)

-and the piano version of Runner on the PS2 Macross game is sooooo good.

Edited by UN Spacy

Macross, the version from Macross the Tribute, sung by no other than Basara.

Man, I liked the original (as cheesy as it was), but this one.... I felt like they could shoot me with the macross cannon and the sheer power of spiritia would carry me through.... :rolleyes:

I´m curious to know what particular song do you identify the most with Macross. what song do you think representates macross the best ?

Either "Dogfighter" from DYRL?

• The whole scene where "Dogfighter" is playing is just F'ing awesome! Has to be what represents Macross the best, imo.

or "Angel's Paint" from FB 2012

• What Radd said. Plus Minmei reminds me of Macross.

or "Futari" from Macross II

• It's just a beautiful piece, imo. I think of love, hope, and sadness when I hear it.... Could also very well represent Macross, imo.

It has to be Macross Plus and Voices. :wub:

Voices, definitely Voices. At least for post-2012.

For original Macross, DYRL.

Has anyone noticed the "naughty" stuff in Idol Talk? :lol: I mean the woman's voice in the background, not Sharon singing in French with a terrible accent.

all the voices variants (cept the english version) ARE AWSOME expecially the chello version.

that definately represents mac plus for me, obviously. voices is probably the theme i assosiate with valkyrie good-ness, the "Tiny White Dragon" is Macross though.

#1 by far is Info High

with the YF-19 streaking into the atmosphere, just when its starts you get that chill down your neck that that the final showdown is going to start.

Angel Paint from FB-2012

My Friends from Mac-7

and of course Ai Oboete Imasu Ka

Edited by Noyhauser

The image of Min May throwing her right hands in the midst of battle on the bridge as she shings Ai Obete Imasuka and sways from side to side shall forever be etched in my memory of Macross.

Shao pai long as well....(little white dragon)

damn man we are here...we are HERE *holds up two fingers to my eyes*. That, and her thowing her left hand outwards as Hikaru flies his Valk away from it. *sigh*...

It's funny...I somehow forgot to include info high in my MaC+ playlist. This thread prompt me to fire it up again and now I realize why so many of you like it. It's a great dance track and with good vocals and a killer dance beat. Goes great with that scene too. I'm one of the few fans out there that think YKanno peaked with Mac+ and it is still her best work to this DAY!

I've also been digging Wanna Be an Angel a lot too!

Edited by isamu

That last song Minmay Sings when the Macross is landing on Earth on Episode 27

From the Animeigo DVD subtitltes

"To the little oasis our home, O'the Green Earth.

Some day I shall return.

Until then, please don't change.

Beatiful place in my heart."

Very sad cause Earth is destroyed :(

When I think of Macross in general, it has to be "Voices" and "Information High". Yoko Kanno is a goddess who walks this Earth, and long may she grace us with her divinity... B))

For Macross TV, "My Boyfriend is a Pilot"; I'm not even sure its a great song, I just always think of it and Macross TV.

For Macross 7, Holy Lonely Light. I just love the screaming over the intro...!

Ai Oboete Imasuka, would be by far the most representative song from Macross. Not only for becoming a classic among fans, but also because since DYRL, this particular song has been coming and going on so many Macross story as a true Merry-Go-Round.

Indeed I believe this would be the most representative tune of all Macross. After all, this song ended a war, right?