Star Wars: Clone Wars Season 2

Effect

Well season 2 of the Clone Wars cartoon started this past friday. Chapter 11 is currently up on Cartoon Networks site. http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars/index.html It was a pretty good episode. One of my favorite parts has to be when Anakin has Asajj Ventress in his sights and he says "I have you now". Nice throw back to the trench run in A New Hope, the targeting screen looked the same as then as well. Looking forward to next weeks episode.

What makes me laugh is how much money these sucky films made and continue to make despite the fact that so many people "dislike" them. :D

You tell 'em. :lol:

Here's a hint... the stuff in the animated Clone Wars IS basically an expansion to Attack of the Clones (at least from the last hour or so)...

What really makes me laugh about these Clone Wars short are that they are 100x better than the last 2 films. B))

Well if you watch Samurai Jack, you can appreciate that Genndy Tartakovsky can do a lot better job than George Lucas at story telling. Ironic, especially since George Lucas supposedly hand-picked Tartakovsky to make the Clone War cartoons :D .

Anybody know if there have been any plans announced yet to release these on DVD?

Graham

I believe I read something about that before. Knowing Lucas, it's a sure thing once all the planned "seasons" are aired. Probably this winter or next spring before Ep. 3 hits theaters.

Anybody know if there have been any plans announced yet to release these on DVD?

Graham

I believe I read something about that before. Knowing Lucas, it's a sure thing once all the planned "seasons" are aired. Probably this winter or next spring before Ep. 3 hits theaters.

Or maybe we'll have to wait 20 years for a remastered 'special edition'. <_<

Graham

I dunno, I have to disagree there. I've watched Samurai Jack a lot because well, I happen to like samurai stuff. Samurai Jack is pretty conventional when it comes to story telling, all they do is throw in a few stylized fight scenes (none of which have really impressed me). Its really sad too because I really WANT to like the show, but as of now, I'm not impressed. I can't really say that I was impressed with Clone Wars OR AOTC, but I was definitely more entertained by the latter. Like I said in another thread; nostalgia clouds crap more than the dark side.

But people are going to like what they like regardless of what anyone says and opinions by their very nature will differ. From an economic standpoint though, the numbers are hard to ignore because I see tons of people bashing on Star Wars on pretty much a daily basis, but they're buying up the merchandise like hot cakes. Me on the other hand, openly admit to loving both the original trilogy and the new trilogy, despite the fact that they're both made for children. In any case, no matter what GL does or how much people bash him, he'll be laughing all the way to the bank in the end.

Oh yeah, and I think that Episode III will be the best SW ever. :ph34r:

As someone mentioned above its on up here (canada) on teletoon and 9:00 for 15 minutes, now that does NOT mean its 15 minutes of non stop footage, like it does some review of the last 2 minutes clip from last week for a minute then show about 5 minutes of stuff then commercial then review of the last 5 minutes of stuff then 4 more minutes role credits.... yeah kinda crappy. Well the 2nd 15 minutes after it are Aqua Teen Hunger force a show any moron (myself included) can enjoy just due to its blatent stupidity. :D

There's a bootleg DVD of the first 10 with the cartoon network commentary track as a "special feature" IIRC. It's kinda crummy as they didn't edit out some of the commercials, etc.

But yeah an official release with both the Hyperspace and CN commentaries as well as the mini documentaries and trailers would be cool.

• 2 weeks later...
There's a bootleg DVD of the first 10 with the cartoon network commentary track as a "special feature" IIRC. It's kinda crummy as they didn't edit out some of the commercials, etc.

But yeah an official release with both the Hyperspace and CN commentaries as well as the mini documentaries and trailers would be cool.

yup...there's a couple boot dvds on ebay...

Yeah, I'm gonna wait for the inevitable official DVD release.

This is sort of a strange question here but do you think when SW: episode III comes out that the characters will have any of the traits of their cartoon likenesses? By this I mean will we see Obiwan wearing trooper armor under his jedi smock? Seems the designers went well out of their way to capture the costumes rather well... makes me wonder.

I'm too Poor to afford cable right now!!!!

But as Luck may have it, I was able to watch the entire New series,

Courtesy Of a certain Toon Network, when we (501st) did a special promotion for their Execs in march!!!!!

Thay were just the episodes run from begining to end with no stops!!!

That Was Awesome!!!

Chapter 20 was bad ass!

After seeing Mace in action in Episode 13 (which was my favorite Episode) and Yoda in whatever episode that was (15, i think?)... seeing a number of Jedi Masters and at least one Padawan (6 total Jedi by my count) get their asses kicked by a single droid was definately interesting.

Anyone else catch it?

guys,

i have the complete series on .MOV if anyone willing to share some space i'm willing to upload the files (about 40-50 Mbs per eps)..

or if anyone knows a freeware ftp software (too lazy to search) and will help me to set it up i can do it too...

thanks,

d

I haven't seen chapter 20 yet. Was traveling home during the time it aired but I'll be checking it out tonight. At 8pm chapters 11 to 15 will be airing on Cartoon Network. And at 9pm chapters 16 to 20 will be airing. Don't forget Saturday they will be airing all 20 chapters together as well.

Grievous was freakin bad-ass!!!! He lit, what was it, 5 Jedi up at once?

This is the dude Obi-wan has to fight BEFORE Anakin.

If Grievous is going to be that bad ass Ep. 3 just shot up another notch.

I am liking clone wars. I'm happy I remembered to tune in tonight.

Anakin's duel with the girl was sweet too, and to boot he racked up his first kill with a red lightsaber after he took one of hers. She managed to sufficiently piss him off too.

Edited by Anubis

are we sure ANY of the stuff in these shows is going to be in the movie? i really liked the Pharo looking she-jedi in ep 20, and i dont' think she was killed, she blocked a attack with her force and got thrown, but i didn't notice her being killed by it.

also liked the two jedi girls that yoda saved, heh.. found all these characters more intresting that annie-kin.

anyway, does anyone know if lucas is using any of this "clonewars" stuff for the thrid movie?