1/48 DYRL? fixed pose gun hand

Eternal_D

Can't hold a gun??? What's it gonna do? scratch it's balls??? :huh:

:lol::lol::lol:

lol, well, if it can't hold THE gun, doubt it'll be able to scratch either. :lol:

the reason I say it probably won't be able to hold the gun is because I'm afraid of the looseness. the way I designed it might be good enough to hold a pose ie, pointing, fists, or flipping off...but might not be sturdy enough to hold the weight of the gun.

I'd rather have a DYRL hand that could hold the gun to be honest.

it's the LEFT hand hes talking about, except for the skeleton hands out now, NO yammies' left hands have been able to hold a gun!

well, actually, after the left, i would probably make a right...but I was talking about the right one not being able to hold it well because of looseness.

and the 1/48 can hold the gun in the left hand...just not very well like the right hand.

Well actually the Dyrl hands provided with the toy can hardly hold the damn gunpod...

And my valks cant give the finger.... like my PGs.

Maybe you can do it in the same way the PG gundams, just add a peg that inserts into the Gunpod handle. It is a super easy job.

I prefer poseable...

In fact If you sell both, poseable and NOT poseable, I will get them both-

Will you finish this time Danny?

My regards to your millia!

Well actually the Dyrl hands provided with the toy can hardly hold the damn gunpod...

Maybe you can do it in the same way the PG gundams, just add a peg that inserts into the Gunpod handle.  It is a super easy job.

I prefer poseable...

ah, i get yah...like how the arms have those pegs to hold the gunpod in fighter mode. hmm, that might be doable...but I'm afraid the resin peg will break off if it's too small, and if it's too big...it'll just be ugly. won't be able to make it retractable like the PG gundams(too much work :p ).

will have to think more about that.

and which millia are you talking about? you have to be just a little bit more specific...shhh... :lol:

Edited by Eternal_D

Looks nice. I'd certainly want at least one set... I'm thinking you should do another set in a normal fist type that could possibly fold into the arm if possible... kinda like the 1/60 standard hands...

I would also like for my Valk to possibly be a lefty (hold a gunpod in the left pod), as well...

I'm envisioning you could keep us happy and make a little something to make it worth your while if you did:

2 x closed-fist DYRL hands that can fold in the arms AND hold a gunpod

2 x posed DYRL hands with trigger finger extended (left and right)

2 x posed DYRL open-hand (left and right)

I might even take 2 closed fixed non gunpod holding hands for those boxing matches with pipe wielding Zentraedi. :lol:

Looks nice. I'd certainly want at least one set... I'm thinking you should do another set in a normal fist type that could possibly fold into the arm if possible... kinda like the 1/60 standard hands...

I would also like for my Valk to possibly be a lefty (hold a gunpod in the left pod), as well...

I'm envisioning you could keep us happy and make a little something to make it worth your while if you did:

I might even take 2 closed fixed non gunpod holding hands for those boxing matches with pipe wielding Zentraedi. :lol:

some good ideas, but have to reject them for one reason or another.

-the arm space to fit the hand is very slim. in order to fit that in there, the hand woul have to be equally slim giving it an awkward look.

-while I made the right one with some ease, a left one would be inconceivable by me at this point. I didn't scuplt this out of scratch like those crazy ppl from Hobby Japan. the right hand was made from the recast TV hand so all I had to do was shave, add, shave, add.

-this is definitely doable, but reason why I suggested the poseable hands is because I don't want all my valks to have the same stupid posed hand. the poseable hand would relieve all problems of this...if I can do it right.

the poseable hands SHOULD be able to accomadate the fist you speak of. but we really won't know until I get started...or rather finish.

Maybe you can do it in the same way the PG gundams, just add a peg that inserts into the Gunpod handle.  It is a super easy job.

I prefer poseable...

ah, i get yah...like how the arms have those pegs to hold the gunpod in fighter mode. hmm, that might be doable...but I'm afraid the resin peg will break off if it's too small, and if it's too big...it'll just be ugly. won't be able to make it retractable like the PG gundams(too much work :p ).

will have to think more about that.

and which millia are you talking about? you have to be just a little bit more specific...shhh... :lol:

Danny, just drill a super small hole, and then crazy glue a brass peg. Same ones you use to assemble the resin model kits. This brassthingies are available in any decent model shop.

when you finish, recast them and tell me about it. I WILL buy a few

J.J.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
so...any news on the hands yet? :rolleyes:

Aww, you got my hopes up. I saw this thread moved back up to the top and thought "sweet, maybe they'll be available soon!"

Only to find no news... :(

my bad dude...i just made a post to see if we all could get any news

sorry for getting your hopes up though :(

I'm far less concerned with whether they retract or not.

The entire reason for this thread is because Yamato was forced to make gay limp wristed skinny DYRL hands that could retract. duh! ;)

Correction: Actually the 1/48 Yamato hands do not retract, they "fold" back into the forearm.

Edited by ChristopherB

I should kick him in the balls for you guys, I told him not to post it until he's done. Now he left for Asia for a couple of months on business. It won't be done for a while. I want some also... that bastid! :(

Silly Harmony Gold-loving bastich, he shall be tied to a chair and forced to listen to "the wiggles" perform "fruit salad" until he pukes :)

Just kidding! I hope his trip goes ok, I want some decent hands when he gets back! :D