While the 1/48 is cool...

samuraid

WORD! I love my 1/60's, and WORD again on the fastpack upgrades. I got so bored the other night I drilled holes in Hikaru's legs. When I was done I was test fitting the armor and realized the arms wouldn't take the armor. DOH! I'm going to have to invest in a nice dremel tool.

unfortunately because of the 1/48s, my love for the 1/60 has dwindled to the point where I can stand not to have them on display. but they were the shiznit back then...and I still love my collection and would never sell it...but with limited shelf space and so many other cool stuff to display...these have to go back into their cardboard coffins.

If they make a 1/60 resculpt VF-1 to have all the features of the 1/48 I'm damned well sold! :lol: As few die-cast as possible, lots of ABS plastic, some new pilots that have legs... Sell it for like $40-50. :D

Till then though, although I still like my 1/60 valks, the 1/48s are my preferred. ;)

If I were to choose 1 toy, yes it would be the 1/48

But the 1/60's are probably gonna be the most elaborate

with the Q-rau, and the monster, chances are were gonna see more

the 1/60's are still cool, especially if you want a collection

Ditto.

Where I do not have enough cash to get multiple 1/48s, I would rather spend that money on gathering the 1/60s (also 1/72s).

I can (hopefully) then have a greater amount of vehicles in replicating many different models from the movies and TV series.

I mean, look at all of these and what may be coming.....

1. VF-1A Valkyrie (Hikaru Ichijo's Custom)

2. VF-1S Valkyrie (Roy Fokker's Custom)

3. VF-1A Valkyrie (Max Jenius' Custom)

4. VF-1A Valkyrie (Production) (TRU Japan)

5. VF-1A Valkyrie (Production)

6. VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Hikaru Ichijo's Custom)

7. VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Roy Fokker's Custom)

8. VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Max Jenius' Custom)

9. VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Millia Fallyna Jenius' Custom)

10. VF-1D Valkyrie

11. VE-1 ELINT Seeker

12. VT-1 Super Ostrich

13. Queadluun-Rau (Millia Fallyna's Custom)

ON THE WAY / Possibles.....

14. VF-1J Armored Valkyrie (Hikaru Ichijo's Custom)

15. GBP-1S Armor

16. Queadluun-Rau (Max Jenius' Custom) ???

17. Queadluun-Rau (Production) ???

18. Queadluun-Rau (Production- TV) ??? VERY HOPEFUL!! :rolleyes:

19. HWR-00-Mk.II Monster ????

Although I would like to have a 1/48 at some point as a centerpiece, at this point in time I would like to take advantage of anyone who would like to cheaply sell their '60s and '72s to get $$$ for their '48 obsession. ;)

unfortunately because of the 1/48s, my love for the 1/60 has dwindled to the point where I can stand not to have them on display. but they were the shiznit back then...and I still love my collection and would never sell it...but with limited shelf space and so many other cool stuff to display...these have to go back into their cardboard coffins.

What he said....

Except that I didn't put my 1/60's back in their cardboard coffins, I sold em all off.

I relegated tm6y 1/60 to a display mode now. My /48 is much more stable an PLAYABLe...and not as proine to getting loo9se...my 1/60 is now a ragdoll whos legs fall off if you pick it up and tilit it sideways..YES that bad! This thing makes me happy my 1/48 is mostly plastic.

I too like my 1.48 way more than my 1/60...my 1/60 wouild be even better on display if its gear wasnt so loose.

Well. I just got rid of ALL of my 1/60's and 1/72's. I'm staying with the 1/48 line because the possibilities are endless (although kinda expensive :blink: ).

Endless possibilities? I think the possibilities are quite limited actually. I wouldn't expect anything other than a VF-1 in 1/48. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't even expect all of the variants we saw in the 1/60 line (VF-1D, VT-1 and/or VE-1). I'm sure I'm a "glass is half empty" kind of person, but I really wouldn't be holding my breath for that 1/48 GBP armor either.

The 1/60 VF-1Js just look better to me - the head sculpt isn't 'just slightly off' like the 1/48's, and the Battroids have better proportions too. With a couple of needed mods, they make for my favorite realistic display pieces. :-)

I guess I fall in the 1/60 support group.. never had the need or urge to pick up the 1/48 (mainly due to size and cost issues), and as of right now 1/60 offers more possibilities.

(For one, I'm fairly sure that a 1/60 Glaug would be offered eventually -- it's a signature mecha. I cannot imagine a 1/48 Glaug.. that would belong in a child's playpen.)

Sigh. No 1/60 FAST upgrade, and the 1/60 GBP has been delayed. Yamato must hate me for not supporting the 1/48. :rolleyes:

The sad thing is that I would instantly pick up 1 more CF and 3 FAST packs without hesitation if they are offered. I have a Strike-1S, a CF and a 1D. The purchases I mentioned will make a full flight with FAST packs, great for a display. Backed up with the two GBP I already pre-ordered, that's quite a bit of money into Yamato's coffers.

I was on the brink of selling my whole 1/60 collection to start a 1/48 collection but I think the one 1/48 I have is good enough... Selling off my whole 1/60 collection to buy a couple of 1/48's seems silly to me now. yeah, 1/48's are hot, but like many said here, 1/60's are my babies.

If they make a 1/48 VF-1J with GBP armor, that'd be my second.

:D

Is there a point a point to this thread ? we all know Mwers are obsessed with the 1/48 , the obvious outcome of such a post would be 1/48 lovers just saying how much cool the 1/48 is over the 1/60 (which is true but OT nontheless).

The only problem with the 1/60 is the fact that Yamato made the 1/48.

From then on the 1/60 stoped being recognised by its merits and istead was left for those times where people need to glamourise the 1/48.

Is there a point a point to this thread ? we all know Mwers are obsessed with the 1/48 , the obvious outcome of such a post would be 1/48 lovers just saying how much cool the 1/48 is over the 1/60 (which is true but OT nontheless).

The only problem with the 1/60 is the fact that Yamato made the 1/48.

From then on the 1/60 stoped being recognised by its merits and istead was left for those times where people need to glamourise the 1/48.

not true... I preferred the 1/55s to the 1/60s. I had a strong distaste for the 1/60s from he beginning. But it's lightyears ahead of the MPCs, I can give it that.

I like 1/48's because the word just rolls off the tongue.

Say it with me--

one forty-eight

one sixty

one forty-eight!

one sixty...

See, 1/60 has that hard EE sound, plus it doesn't have as many syllables as 1/48. More is better! I buy my toys based on the linguistic value of its scale!

--

Can I get a vote for useless thread? :rolleyes:

WORD! I love my 1/60's, and WORD again on the fastpack upgrades. I got so bored the other night I drilled holes in Hikaru's legs. When I was done I was test fitting the armor and realized the arms wouldn't take the armor. DOH! I'm going to have to invest in a nice dremel tool.

I liked my 1/60. Shortly after getting my 1/48 Hikaru -1A, I arranged to trade my -1J head for a Hikaru -1A head, with the eventual goal of making my 1/48 and 1/60 twins (once I had gotten good enough at painting to make the rest of my Super -1J match the whiter -1A head).

Alas, that project is over now. The other day my 1/60 took a header onto a concrete floor. Now the left arm and backpack are broken off, and I'm not sure I could fix them.

:( Oh, well.

Lets think the 1/60 didn't exist, just for a second there....

No, no way, I think they have there own personality! 1/60 rock!

I'm still missing the Elint and the Ostrich.... I've got no dough for 1/60s right now. :(

I need to save for the 1/60GBP and 1/48M&Ms

Vic!

I like both scales. They each have their merits.

When I look at my display cabinet (see my sig) I've noticed that the first thing I always look at is my 1/48 Hikaru Strike. The second thing I look at is my 1/60 VT-1. Next comes the Batman figures. Then I look at the rest of the 1/48s and 1/60s in no particular order.

what happen to 1/1 scale of Minmay, Misa, and Millia.

Too big. Not enough playability and they take up too much space.

right, and the whole cleaning up thing when yer done,,,,,,,opps did I say that out loud :p

I thought they could be deflated when not used?

I hope this doesn't get into Dutch Wife terittory (yup...I just saw episode 3 or GITS:SAC 2nd GIG).

:blink::ph34r: