Strike a pose!

Wicked Ace

No doubt, stickers help a lot, especially aftermarket ones.  Unfortunately, some of the vintage toys I have with their stickers applied look worse for the wear so I keep mine sticker free.

415143[/snapback]

I do the same thing. If my item comes with stickers a-la crap, I just take them off. Peeling or ripped and worn stickers make the item look bad. Thats one of the worst elements for me on vintage toys next to yellowing and major paint chipping.

Ah, so it's the stickers themselves that wear and make the toy look bad? I thought they somehow affected the plastic itself or something after a long time (maybe affects yellowing, ect) So it's not an issue if I use aftermarket ones?

Ah, so it's the stickers themselves that wear and make the toy look bad? I thought they somehow affected the plastic itself or something after a long time (maybe affects yellowing, ect) So it's not an issue if I use aftermarket ones? 

Yep, that's all I meant to say. If you use aftermarket ones, especially if you give 'em the clearcoat treatment or something, I'm sure your toy will be a looker for a good long while. I have no patience for decal work nor do I trust myself so I keep my babies as sticker free as possible. They may look a little more plain that way but I've actually grown to really appreciate the dressed down look. I also know that fifteen years from now if a sticker falls off or something like that I won't be left with a little portion of plastic that looks brighter than the rest and I won't have a bunch of stickers looking like they want to jump ship (again, something someone who uses aftermarket stuff probably won't have to worry about either).

LOL Wicked Ace, you must be bored.

Nice work with the 1/60s Mog, very cool pose. Um, please don't go making a custom Milia figure where her head has been blown off leaving only a puddle on a bullet-ridden ground.

I was in a bit of a "dark" mood when I set up this pose.....

post-3595-1152759325_thumb.jpg

415673[/snapback]

Pretty sweet pose. All you need now is to convert that max into a 1S!! Then it would be perfect! ;):D:p:lol:

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Even though it would be completely out of whack with the timeline, I'd like to think that Max in my picture is saying:

"Dammit woman! Don't you ever, EVER, BURN MY COFFEE AGAIN!!!!"

Um, please don't go making a custom Milia figure where her head has been blown off leaving only a puddle on a bullet-ridden ground.

Nah, I wouldn't be that twisted. :huh:

Besides, if you were Max, could you honestly blow the brains out of a hottie like Millia?

• 4 weeks later...

Felt like bringing this thread back to the front page.....

"I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a triple-barrel GU-11 Gunpod, the most powerful gunpod for a Valk, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, PUNK?"

DYRL FAST packs on a TV Valk!!

KILL HIM!!!

j/k  :p

424490[/snapback]

Haha, hence the Macross noobie comment. I just recently got into Macross. I'm about half way into the original series (watching the AnimeEigo DVDs) so I haven't seen DYRL yet. But before even seeing the series I'd see the 1/48 scale Yamato Valks in the display cases at work all the time (I work in a toy store) and I just had to have one.

DYRL FAST packs on a TV Valk!!

KILL HIM!!!

j/k  :p

424490[/snapback]

AwwWWWww...ok everyone, false alarm...put down your pitchforkes and put those torches away...No, no one to kill today...*with the sound of everyone sighing*

Cool. Become a tv series valkaholic like me. Master of Puppets is one of my fave metallica albums.

edit:

Yeah don't put those dirty DYRL super parts on a tv valk. See what happens yamato? you have confused the new fans. Release tv Super valks instead of standalone tv valks from now on..

for eg:

release

1. tv cf with tv super parts and correct arms and head,

2. a dyrl CF with DYRL super and DYRL strike parts etc

... as seperate releases for the fan to choose (goes without saying: include the correct pilot flight suit/space suit)

...and not a mutant mixture of both. :D (the current CF is a bastard child)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker