• Hell yes!
    • How much is it?
    • Only if it was perfect tranformation
    • It's just a bigger 1/60
    • Too big
    • Did I win the lottery?
    • No way

Hell no,...

unless it were an RC Model, I see no reason to have such a huge plane hanging from my ceiling

(but being too afraid to crash it, -and inability to be jet-powered, would make it even more useless)

"perfect transformation"??? Way too big to handle in any case

if it's just about detail, I'd like to see the 1/24 reissued as a model kit

then again I'd love rather have a 1/48 version,...but I suck at Modeling

Only if it was flight capable with some form of functioning weaponry. And transformed properly.

Home defense kit, right next to the .22 firing 1/48 Mk. II Monster

There comes a time when all true fans must draw the line between a hobby and a sickness... 1/48 is a hobby... 1/18 is a sickness. Toy collecting is like a drug, you buy the small ones at first and then you need to buy bigger and better to make you happy... buying a 1/18 scale valkyrie will be a huuuuuuuge hit on that toy bong that most people will die from... those who do not die will envy the dead for they will only find joy in a 1/10 scale valkyrie... and then a 1/6 scale one... and then a 1/1 scale one... and then the looney bin because they just bought a toy they can neither hold nor transform.

If it was a perfect transformation I would think about it, depending ont he price. The amount of engineering going into it would be truly impressive and a marvel to examine. It would be the ultimate prize of a collection, that being said it would aslo likely be insanely expensive. However if one were made it would be cool to stand it next to that POS matchboc veritech and create pictures of it beating up on that piece of garbage.

Heck.. buy one? I'm MAKING one... The interesting thing is, even in 1/18th scale, it's not the biggest toy I've ever seen. It's about the same size as that old GI Joe F-14 was. Personally, I'd love to have an actual toy that size, since the Lego version I'm building takes about an hour to transform, and weighs something like 10 lbs. Relatively, a toy one would be much lighter, and easier to handle. Would I love to have one? Yes. Do I have the room? No. Would I have the money? Maybe, but I think I'd first spend it on a new car. :p

On the flipside, those WWII planes are beautiful, and despite the size, I'd love a 1/18th Corsair to complement my shelves (thank goodness for folding wings ;)).

I've wondered what my GI Joe Skystriker would look like as a valk. Its probably not a true 1:18, but it works just fine with 1:18 scale figures. I'd buy one in a second, assuming it was reasonably priced. Make it all plastic, without gimmicks, and it could probably be had for $100 or so.

Heck.. buy one? I'm MAKING one... The interesting thing is, even in 1/18th scale, it's not the biggest toy I've ever seen. It's about the same size as that old GI Joe F-14 was. Personally, I'd love to have an actual toy that size, since the Lego version I'm building takes about an hour to transform, and weighs something like 10 lbs. Relatively, a toy one would be much lighter, and easier to handle. Would I love to have one? Yes. Do I have the room? No. Would I have the money? Maybe, but I think I'd first spend it on a new car. :p

On the flipside, those WWII planes are beautiful, and despite the size, I'd love a 1/18th Corsair to complement my shelves (thank goodness for folding wings ;)).

1:18 is the same scale as G.I. Joe, so it's not the biggest toy ever by any means. I'd love to see some pictures of yours (the 1:8) If you find one of the Corsairs let me know where, on their website it says they're coming out with an Avenger :D

I voted Hell Yes, but I have a qualifier.

I want full internal detail (with removeable engines etc...), the ability to transform perfectly between all three modes, and for it to come with a display base (just to make it easier to pose).

Naaah...although it'd be one hell of a detailed beauty, a 1/18 aircraft would just be TOO big. No plade to put it -- unless I want to clear off my entire desk. :)

If it was cheap enough I'd snatch one up in a heartbeat. Of course, something that big and that detailed, made in 1/48th quantities would cost an arm and a leg, and three kidneys. So, you'd have to kill two people, unless you knew someone with a freakish third kidney. That's two bodies you have to chop up, sell parts on the black market, and dispose of the evidence for. That's just too much hassle.

Now, if you were talking about a toy of the Macross that was the size of the the Flag, then, sure.

the nay sayers are VERY vocal. It seems some other MWers would actually be saddened or angered by even the existance of such a toy. Whether I got one or not, I'd still think it was a cool toy. I'd hang up a poster of it if someone made one (or something). I wouldn't be all like "drat! there's a 1:18 valk toy out there... I'll log on to MW and tell everyone all about how I'm not gonna' get one because..."

I'd love to see one but it's a crazy thing to expect. It would be between $400 and 500 if Yamato made it...

And like the Captain America's ultimate 1/32 Legioss, when it actually came time to pony up cash very few of these people voting for it would pay IMO.

I would get it if it had a couple conditions:

#1 Lots of details and features. As much as possible and the kitchen sink

#2 Cost! The 1/48's are expensive enough. 1/18 is more than twice the size of the 1/48 and I can't imagine how much more expensive a well made valk would be.

#3 Good, sturdy construction. If it's VERY well made with lots of features I'm willing to save up money to get one and put a waiver on condition #2.

#4 The first set of 1/18 valks would be from the TV series. How about a CF -1A or Millia's VF-1J? I'm getting tired of the DYRL schemes and will hang myself if I see another.

A transformable 1/18 valk would be expensive as hell but it better be the end all, be all of valks for the big money.

Edited by Warmaker

I THINK the real problem is:

how many valks you will buy to make you get enough?

just buy 1? which ONE?

it's painful to me that can't collect all the color veriation

but the reality is I have no room to place all of them!!

SO- I don't want 1/18 VF-1 perfect transform

come out this world forever -- untill I become a billionaire ...... :(

I'd love to see one but it's a crazy thing to expect

I don't think that was the point of this poll.

come out this world forever -- untill I become a billionaire ......

I think that is the mentality of most MWers... "If I can't have one, then no one should have one. In fact, I don't even want others speculate about what one would be like if such a thing were made. We're not getting one, so nobody talk about it! It's too painful for me..."

I mean, if it came out, you'd either get one or not. Personally, I voted "no," but do you really have to read the OBVIOUS reasons AGAIN? I'd certainly WANT one... I say no now, but if it actually came out.... maybe I'd change my tune? I think that you intelligent MWers could have stimulating messages if we weren't stuck in this bitchy intellectual mire of restating the same arguments... We all know why some people don't like big toys. We all know that other people would like to have said big toy anyways. We all know that nobody seems to like Diecast metal by Yamato. We all know that Takatokus are for playing with, and Yamatos are for accuracy. We all know that some people would rather play with valks and others would rather have sleeker looking valks. We know why models are better than toys. We know why toys are better than models. We all feel a need to show our 1337ness by chastising n00bs. We all no that no one likes rants (unless its their own). We know that that custom is cool, and finally we all know that we agree whole-heartedly 100% with Graham about everything...

But seriously, does it really take all these posts to say it? I suggest that these Macrossworld axioms be posted... and that newbies be directed to said axioms... and that re-statements of said axioms be deleted, and replaced with a link to the axiom topic. Of course the axiom thread would contain all the MWers' quibbles about how Yamatos are more durable than paople give them credit for, or how you can break a Takatoku if you try, or how models and toys are apples and oranges, or how models and toys are not edible and therefore are not apples or oranges, etc... etc...

If you are still reading this, thank you for reading my rant. If you feel like telling me whatfor, please remember that "making sure DrClay know just how stupid he is" is already an established axiom upon which these forums are built, and all whatfor directed my way will just be repetitive.

Edited by DrClay

Wow, I can get my Ace from GIJOE and replace Hikaru for the 1/18 scale. Uh-huh... I was on the 1/18 "sickness" with the BBI toys like the apache, blackhawk, Bradley, etc for making my diorama for Iraqi freedom. But I stopped getting them because I dont have room for my GIJOE, Transformers reissue, 1/48 valks, comics, computers collections. I had to rethink that... Now I am selling stuff so I can have room. No I am not selling my valks. :p

First off, that toy when transformed to battroid is like your kids, or if you dont have kids, it can be your kid. :p

I chose if I won the lottery. U need to win the lotto for this.

Edited by Godzilla

I'd love to see one but it's a crazy thing to expect

I don't think that was the point of this poll.

come out this world forever -- untill I become a billionaire ......

I think that is the mentality of most MWers... "If I can't have one, then no one should have one. In fact, I don't even want others speculate about what one would be like if such a thing were made. We're not getting one, so nobody talk about it! It's too painful for me..."

I mean, if it came out, you'd either get one or not. Personally, I voted "no," but do you really have to read the OBVIOUS reasons AGAIN? I'd certainly WANT one... I say no now, but if it actually came out.... maybe I'd change my tune? I think that you intelligent MWers could have stimulating messages if we weren't stuck in this bitchy intellectual mire of restating the same arguments... We all know why some people don't like big toys. We all know that other people would like to have said big toy anyways. We all know that nobody seems to like Diecast metal by Yamato. We all know that Takatokus are for playing with, and Yamatos are for accuracy. We all know that some people would rather play with valks and others would rather have sleeker looking valks. We know why models are better than toys. We know why toys are better than models. We all feel a need to show our 1337ness by chastising n00bs. We all no that no one likes rants (unless its their own). We know that that custom is cool, and finally we all know that we agree whole-heartedly 100% with Graham about everything...

But seriously, does it really take all these posts to say it? I suggest that these Macrossworld axioms be posted... and that newbies be directed to said axioms... and that re-statements of said axioms be deleted, and replaced with a link to the axiom topic. Of course the axiom thread would contain all the MWers' quibbles about how Yamatos are more durable than paople give them credit for, or how you can break a Takatoku if you try, or how models and toys are apples and oranges, or how models and toys are not edible and therefore are not apples or oranges, etc... etc...

If you are still reading this, thank you for reading my rant. If you feel like telling me whatfor, please remember that "making sure DrClay know just how stupid he is" is already an established axiom upon which these forums are built, and all whatfor directed my way will just be repetitive.

(lol, clay, you have to get over that whole thing already...)

Anyway, isn't that what love is about? If I can't have it, then no one else can? :lol:

So, I'm at Walmart yesterday, I see these 1:18 scale fighters (P-40, P-47) and I was thinking wow wouldn't a 1:18 Valk be cool (and cost and arm and a leg) SO I thought I would ask what ya'll think.

Only if the thing:

A) Flies (RC controled)

B) Transforms

C) Had a CO2 powered GU-11 (hardly worries about killing anyone, unless you hit them in the head).

D) Had a camara in the head and cockpit that transmitted images to my TV or a LCD monitor in the controler.

It's always a shame when someone puts trying to be funny ahead of coming up with a decent answer scheme for their poll.

Then again, it's always a shame when you come to the Toys area and find yet another pointless poll. I'd say about 95% of the polls that show up here do so because first someone decides they'd like to make a poll. . . then they just invent a topic so that they can do so.

But then again. . . I'm probably just bitter. . . and venting. . . since I'm working on only four hours of sleep.

Meh. . .

H