Tomica Premium Unlimited VF-1

MKT

3 variants offered; VF-1J Hikaru, VF-1J Max & VF-1S Roy.

Price: Yen 1,430 (includes JP domestic tax 10%)
Release: April 2024

vf002.jpeg.1f014994d15c2c58e65d1b36ec2a5066.jpeg

vf001.jpg.94e30c8816806748f11c11dff72f9bd4.jpg

IMG_1008.JPG.1ca65c7fe07327751cd969b0935966ec.JPG

Edited by MKT
New pics added

No idea what scale are they, information on these is pretty limited. Up till this pic which showcase the actual items / prototype, I wasn't even sure if it was under HG licensing (worldwide) or Big West (Japan-only). But now we see its Big West, although there have been web stores around Asia accepting preorders for couple of months now.

Perhaps someone more familiar with Tomica items can shed more light on this..

• 1 month later...

Not to sidetrack the discussion, but if Takara has a BW license for the Macross designs and they share rights for Jetfire with Hasbro what is stopping them from releasing an Japan Exclusive of Jetfire? maybe a limited missing relic?

10 hours ago, valky-001 said:

Maybe a rival called Bandai.

Bandaid is just another licensee and manufacturer, Big West calls all the shots and owns all Macross IP per Studio Nue, Jetfire likeness and name is owned by Hasbro.

I'm not sure about Bandaid being able to do anything unless Takara tried to do a copy of the 1/55. 

I am interested in these tiny Tiny Valks if the price is right

6 hours ago, locidm said:

There is typically diecast in tomicar products (even the 500 yen ones) and I expect the same here. 

Good point....

Actually...if these VF's are the size of the tomica cars...they may actually not be that bad....at 1/144 or larger...the sculpt starts looking bad...

So maybe they are tiny like the old Nichimos...but even at 1/200 the Nichimos look better....

19 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Thanks. The pages here confirm they're diecast and 9cm long.

But I'm still not sold on them... The missing gunpod is the big no no for me. 

Edited by Raikkonen

Their size is so obvious if you even do the smallest bit of research on Tomica, though...
It's just Takara-Tomy's equivalent to Hot Wheels. These are going to be around the size of a Hot Wheels car. It's not goddamn rocket science, people!

1 hour ago, CollectorCanine said:

Their size is so obvious if you even do the smallest bit of research on Tomica, though...
It's just Takara-Tomy's equivalent to Hot Wheels. These are going to be around the size of a Hot Wheels car. It's not goddamn rocket science, people!

Anything from 6.5 to 8.5cm then, do you reckon?

2 minutes ago, jenius said:
8 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

Thanks. The pages here confirm they're diecast and 9cm long.

9cm would be the packaging length, in keeping with what looks to be Tomica’s usual practice when they publish dimensions.

The actual item will obviously be shorter in length, hence I put the black base at upper limit of 8.5cm, & eyeballing the VF within the base likely puts it to be around 7cm.

But it could well be smaller than that. For eg, when I look at some Tomica unboxing vids, the item inside is really much smaller in comparison to its packaging. 

Still, a couple of cm difference at this size won’t matter much I guess. 

6 hours ago, MKT said:

9cm would be the packaging length, in keeping with what looks to be Tomica’s usual practice when they publish dimensions.

The actual item will obviously be shorter in length, hence I put the black base at upper limit of 8.5cm, & eyeballing the VF within the base likely puts it to be around 7cm.

But it could well be smaller than that. For eg, when I look at some Tomica unboxing vids, the item inside is really much smaller in comparison to its packaging. 

Still, a couple of cm difference at this size won’t matter much I guess. 

Yeah, you right that Amazon tends to show the box size. However, the box of these in the OP pictures look rather biggish while the Tomica plane series needs assembly and end up being around 8cm-9cm long. 

Still, the gunpod's omission is a huge red flag for me. It's like a pizza without mozzarella.

image.png.619c142accb62face571aaade084b04e.png

image.png.bf88c9550343f6652e1acaa64db4b994.png

image.png.89ebd23b66f725854a000d71e561d2b1.png

image.png.abb4cfc9afec1687387bdaa0db1d9b2c.png

image.png.e488ba726925edd4ecb89792e4b29cd6.png

Edited by Raikkonen