Yikes, doesn't look great. They all have Spider powers and Iron Spider legs? WTF? Who is the evil Spider-Man? And this isn't in the MCU, is it in the Morbius/Venom universe? Is it in yet another stand-alone universe? This was clearly too far along to cancel or write-off I guess, I can't imagine this isn't going to bomb. Sony needs to chill, these Spider-Man adjacent movies just aren't working. 

2 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Yikes, doesn't look great. They all have Spider powers and Iron Spider legs? WTF? Who is the evil Spider-Man? And this isn't in the MCU, is it in the Morbius/Venom universe? Is it in yet another stand-alone universe? This was clearly too far along to cancel or write-off I guess, I can't imagine this isn't going to bomb. Sony needs to chill, these Spider-Man adjacent movies just aren't working. 

No, it’s Sonyverse. It’s gonna crash and burn for sure. It’s definitely not too late to cancel for a write off, but Sony isn’t as heavy handed as the wb

5 hours ago, Thom said:

It doesn't look that bad. A few line deliveries sounded a bit flat and they need to fix some CG. I'm guessing this is set in the past, though one guy on the subway had a cell phone..? Admit, I don't know much (anything) about Madame Web.

Some of the cars looked 80’s and there’s a younger looking Ben. I don’t remember him being shown in Garfield Spider-Man, but I think May was older than Holland spidey, but not as old as Toby one.

might be some time jumping to go with the multiverse thing that’s happening with most of the lady spideys

So it's... Madame Web before she got old, Spider-Woman when she was a kid, Araña after she became Spider-Girl (which isn't until after Julia Carpenter replaces Cassandra as Madame Web in the 616 universe), and Mattie Franklin, a Spider-Woman from the '90s so inconsequential that I forgot that she existed (and whose origin in the 616 comics relied heavily on her being a big Spider-Man fan).  But no Jessica Drew.  I guess Drew's a Spider-Woman that isn't a Spider-Man thing and maybe Sony doesn't have a license?  Whatever.  They should have included Silk, too, for even more (spider) girl power, while they fight evil Spider-Man (who doesn't wear that costume and is more neutral than outright evil in 616, but seems like he's acting more like Morlun in the trailer anyway).

I mean, I'm a big Spidey fan so I'm want to watch it out of morbid curiosity, but I do NOT have high hopes here.

On 11/15/2023 at 11:06 AM, Tking22 said:

Who is the evil Spider-Man?

Supposed to be Ezekiel Simms.

On 11/15/2023 at 11:06 AM, Tking22 said:

And this isn't in the MCU, is it in the Morbius/Venom universe?

It's not MCU.  Maybe Morbius/Venom universe.

1 hour ago, Big s said:

Some of the cars looked 80’s and there’s a younger looking Ben. I don’t remember him being shown in Garfield Spider-Man, but I think May was older than Holland spidey, but not as old as Toby one.

might be some time jumping to go with the multiverse thing that’s happening with most of the lady spideys

I'd have been so much happier if they just set it in the present instead of trying to tie it to Peter by setting it in the past and inserting a young Uncle Ben into the story.  This film's going to scream it's connection to Spider-Man with all the subtlety of Lady Gaga attending the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards.

7 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Maybe Morbius/Venom universe.

It’s most likely from that universe. So far after Toby’s third film everything Sony live action has tied into the Garfield spidey stuff.they had also had this and a few other movies on a list to tie in the Garfield stuff like a Sinister Six movie and an Aunt May movie (sounds dull). Although recently there was talk about trying to get back into a Toby thing, but that was mostly talk. There’s also been talk about doing another Garfield Spidey thing which seems somewhat more likely since Venom and Morbius tie into his movies. But since this is some kind of grab into the multiverse/ time travel gimmick it kinda makes it seem like this could tie into either or both or even into all three Spidey franchises somehow.

3 hours ago, Big s said:

It’s most likely from that universe. So far after Toby’s third film everything Sony live action has tied into the Garfield spidey stuff.they had also had this and a few other movies on a list to tie in the Garfield stuff like a Sinister Six movie and an Aunt May movie (sounds dull). Although recently there was talk about trying to get back into a Toby thing, but that was mostly talk. There’s also been talk about doing another Garfield Spidey thing which seems somewhat more likely since Venom and Morbius tie into his movies. But since this is some kind of grab into the multiverse/ time travel gimmick it kinda makes it seem like this could tie into either or both or even into all three Spidey franchises somehow.

So, something for everything!😄

5 hours ago, Big s said:

It’s possible, but I can’t say for sure. I really don’t think I’m going to pay to see it, so I’ll probably just wait til it’s a free watch. I am curious, but I guess not excited 

And of course the opposite is nothing for anyone.;)

11 minutes ago, Swann said:

I think it will flop

It will do The Marvels numbers, if it's lucky.  Sony better not have spent even 1/3 what Disney did on their clambake stinker; that way, at least the financial loss won't be as embarrassingly/hilariously bad.

15 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

It will do The Marvels numbers, if it's lucky.  Sony better not have spent even 1/3 what Disney did on their clambake stinker; that way, at least the financial loss won't be as embarrassingly/hilariously bad.

I don't get it. They are ruining them.

7 hours ago, mechaninac said:

I i don’t think it’s gonna get quite as much as the Marvels, but with the obviously lowered budget with less effects and even lesser known actors and probably a bunch of nobody’s on the soundtrack there’s a weird chance that this one might break even.

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I i don’t think it’s gonna get quite as much as the Marvels, but with the obviously lowered budget with less effects and even lesser known actors and probably a bunch of nobody’s on the soundtrack there’s a weird chance that this one might break even.

Agreed.  It'll be lucky to do The Marvel numbers, as I posited.  When it's all said and done, it'll likely do significantly worse than Blue Beetle.

All these studios are hellbent on driving every single money-printing franchise/IP, that they acquired because they were popular and profitable, into the ground with their obnoxious ideological BS and atrocious writing/story telling until they are all as worthless as what Disney-Lucasfilm did with Star Wars and Indiana Jones.  Then, instead of engaging in healthy introspection and realizing that They Are The Problem causing their failures, they ignore/deny reality and blame the fans.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Old_Nash_II said:

Pastel e caldo de cana (fried pastry and sugarcane juice) in Brazil, means something was very cheap

images(21).jpeg.6d0fe743ff1422000a7ecd16ad7316a4.jpeg

Edited 1 hour ago by Old_Nash_II

I’d buy that for a dollar. It actually looks and sounds great. Madame Web not so much

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 8:34 AM, mark-1s said:

Looks like a McDonalds apple pie - the original ones that were deep fried. Delicious!

I miss those lava pies. I hear rumor that there’s still a McDonald’s somewhere on the Hawaiian islands that still serves them.

I’ve also heard that Jolie bee serves a mango flavored one that is fried and other than the filling still tastes like the old McDonald’s ones. 

Unfortunately, I don’t live very close to either so I guess I might have to settle with Madame Web. But I’ll probably just skip it