Bandai HG 1/100 YF-21

Convectuoso

2 hours ago, wsna said:

Hot digity!!

I usually go through HLJ but I am put off in their limits per customer. I some links posted earlier...can someone put in a word or two on how these vendors worked out for you (any of) in the past?

The ones listed so far are all pretty trustworthy and have come through for me. I’m kinda waiting to see if usags starts offering the decals since I have a coupon though them. I’d imagine in a couple days that bbts and entertainment earth will have them as well 

Thanks Big S!

I just put my order through USAGS as well. I'll be interested to see how this all works out. So far, the recommendations from you guys have been solid! My goto is HLJ but I think this time around, trying some other vendor might be a good idea this time around. I don't really have the same kind of luck as I once had through them.

3 hours ago, wsna said:

Thanks Big S!

I just put my order through USAGS as well. I'll be interested to see how this all works out. So far, the recommendations from you guys have been solid! My goto is HLJ but I think this time around, trying some other vendor might be a good idea this time around. I don't really have the same kind of luck as I once had through them.

I know some people had problems from hlj with the YF-19. I kinda think they either overfilled orders or Bandai didn’t provide as many as promised. Hopefully they don’t have the same issue with this release.

USAGS is really solid, Zakuarelius has a YouTube review regularly and is currently employed by them. They also put up pretty good sales every now and then and discount coupons regularly 

7 hours ago, Bolt said:

It looks great to me. Seriously doubt a Hi-metal R version is in the works. 

Yup. This faster and cheaper to produce line clearly aims at both the model builder and figure collector. 

The additional pity is that HMR will now likely be denied of a VF-22 as well...

1 minute ago, Big s said:

There was a prototype long long ago 

Yeah I was wondering about that. Several years ago there was a big display of prototype HMRs and I forget if the 21 was among it. IIRC at least some of the ones shown there and unreleased at the time have since come out, so it's... possible?

6 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Yeah I was wondering about that. Several years ago there was a big display of prototype HMRs and I forget if the 21 was among it. IIRC at least some of the ones shown there and unreleased at the time have since come out, so it's... possible?

It was a rough prototype compared to some of the others, I’ll see if I can dig up the picture

IMG_2196.jpeg

Edited by Big s

58 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

The cheating proportions of this HG kit are so lights years ahead in all 3 modes. 

I do like the prototype for the HMR, but the hg kit definitely has the best looks of any YF-21 so far, especially for all three modes. Hasegawa probably did the best fighter mode, but that’s all they did unfortunately. Up until now I think the Reviltech did the best battroid, but now I’m leaning towards the hg kit battroid. And to be honest, I haven’t really liked any of the gerwalk modes from existing items but I do like this hg one. Overall this hg kit looks pretty good in fighter and looks great in the other modes, especially the battroid.

18 minutes ago, Big s said:

I do like the prototype for the HMR, but the hg kit definitely has the best looks of any YF-21 so far, especially for all three modes. Hasegawa probably did the best fighter mode, but that’s all they did unfortunately. Up until now I think the Reviltech did the best battroid, but now I’m leaning towards the hg kit battroid. And to be honest, I haven’t really liked any of the gerwalk modes from existing items but I do like this hg one. Overall this hg kit looks pretty good in fighter and looks great in the other modes, especially the battroid.

Never liked any of the previous 21's battroids, let alone the gerwalk, but this one won me instantly. It's got that menacing stance. 

Gerwalk is nice too, but still not a fan how the design's rear doesn't fold in to be compact like a VF-1. 

5 hours ago, MKT said:

The great thing about this being a model kit, is that there is no rush to PO. There will be a flood of it on release just like the HG YF-19, or like most other Gundam model kits.

That's true. 

And already for this line, 4 different releases in 4-5 months. Can't wait to see what's further lined up... 

24 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

That's true. 

And already for this line, 4 different releases in 4-5 months. Can't wait to see what's further lined up... 

I’m hoping that they’ll at least do a VF-11 to finish off the Valkyries from plus. I’d imagine there’s gonna be some milking of the molds for the YF-19 and YF-21. I’m also really hoping they do stuff other than the Valkyries, but I’m a bit doubtful they’ll do the zentraedi armor from plus, but I’d love to see it.

47 minutes ago, Big s said:

USAGS has the decal set up for preorder as well now. Not sure why they didn’t list it until today. They should have listed it at the same time as the kit, but I wasn’t in a rush.

Geez, literally minutes after I create an account and preorder at BBTS, too.

On 9/26/2023 at 4:58 PM, wsna said:

Hot digity!!

I usually go through HLJ but I am put off in their limits per customer. I some links posted earlier...can someone put in a word or two on how these vendors worked out for you (any of) in the past?

It's funny...

I preordered the YF-19 on day 1, as soon as HLJ posted it for preorder.

I did not get one shipped when it was released, it went to backorder.

While it was on backorder, I found 3 copies locally at 3 different physical stores. I then canceled my HLJ order.

Fast forward a bit... I preordered the YF-29 on HLJ as soon as it was posted.

Again, at release, it went to backorder and I got nothing.

I've already found a YF-29 at my local shop, and between local online stores and local physical stores, I can easily get a couple more.

I will again be canceling my HLJ order.

I have the YF-29 Max and YF-21 on preorder at HLJ now, but I have 0 confidence I'll ever see a kit come in for me via that avenue.

I'm sure I'll wind up getting 3 YF-19 Max and 3 YF-21 locally.

I don't know why HLJ gets so little stock of these.

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I’m hoping that they’ll at least do a VF-11 to finish off the Valkyries from plus. I’d imagine there’s gonna be some milking of the molds for the YF-19 and YF-21. I’m also really hoping they do stuff other than the Valkyries, but I’m a bit doubtful they’ll do the zentraedi armor from plus, but I’d love to see it.

I'd like a YF-30. Seeing as they never did one in their 1/72 line.

A VF-11 series would also be great. 

And honestly, I'd buy a VF-25 and VF-31 series too. Maybe they'd actually do the VF-31E this time.

3 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

It's funny...

I preordered the YF-19 on day 1, as soon as HLJ posted it for preorder.

I did not get one shipped when it was released, it went to backorder.

While it was on backorder, I found 3 copies locally at 3 different physical stores. I then canceled my HLJ order.

Fast forward a bit... I preordered the YF-29 on HLJ as soon as it was posted.

Again, at release, it went to backorder and I got nothing.

I've already found a YF-29 at my local shop, and between local online stores and local physical stores, I can easily get a couple more.

I will again be canceling my HLJ order.

I have the YF-29 Max and YF-21 on preorder at HLJ now, but I have 0 confidence I'll ever see a kit come in for me via that avenue.

I'm sure I'll wind up getting 3 YF-19 Max and 3 YF-21 locally.

I don't know why HLJ gets so little stock of these.

Same happened to me. I'll get the YF-21 somewhere else