1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Excellent first 2 episodes!

Also, I'll say it again.

RIP Ray Stevenson.

All of this ! :good:
I don't think knowledge of Rebels or Clone wars is necessary to follow along. But it definitely gives more insight and enjoyment. 

Edited by Bolt

Any time we hear

Spoiler

Clancy Freakin' Brown's voice, it makes everything better.

And Sabine, why the hell didn't you grab your Mando gauntlets IN ADDITION to the lightsaber for your fight with the "Force-wielding maniac."  Mama Wren is gonna give you massive side-eye for forgetting your Mando skills.

And seeing Lothal and the old characters in live action was a treat.

Yeah slow episodes. But at the same time, if you watched Rebels, it's not really slow, cuz...

It's pretty much Rebels season 5. If you didn't watch the last few episodes of Rebels season 4, now would be a good time catch up till next week's episode since the story is essentially starting from that point.

Spoiler

And as I said, Sabine kept Ezra's lightsaber. And looks like Ahsoka was giving her more lessons after Kanan and Ezra taught her to use to Darksaber. And also confirming, she's not a Jedi, just practicing more with a lightsaber.

Sabine needs her jetpack back...

It felt like I was watching a live action Jedi - Fallen Order movie...

At this point, the "dark jedi" (or whatever new faction Lucasfilm will be calling non-Sith these days) are the only characters I found interesting and the revelation of the "witch" (again, Fallen Order type stuff).....it almost seems like the "padawan" character may end up having a change of heart before all of this is over....

Hope this doesn't become the Sabine show.....:rolleyes:

Watched the first two episodes. It's fine so far, can't say I have any complaints. I'm not really invested in any of these characters, besides Ahsoka a little bit, so I'm not terribly excited to see these people in live action.

I know just enough about Rebels that I know what's going on in Ahsoka, but I wasn't into that show and didn't watch anything really past the first season or so. I've read and heard far more about it than I watched. For those without such insight, they'll be totally lost in Ahsoka and that's a shame. Lucasfilm intentionally painted themselves into this corner by Marvelizing their TV content. And it's even more of an issue because they're relying on people to have watched the cartoons, which were directed at a younger audience and not terribly appealing for all but the diehard adults.

Edited by Duke Togo

I stopped Rebels for no reason really, just life in the way after whatever season ender it was with Ahsoka and Vader going at on top of some pyramid after what's his face got blinded. I remember that season being pretty darn good, maybe I should rewatch and finish it before Ahsoka....???

I'll be the one to bring up Andor.  Chances are more people probably saw Rogue One in theaters than fans who watched all seasons of the Clone Wars and Rebels. What did Andor do?  Gave us 3 episode introduction to the lead character. Maybe that was too many episodes but they still introduced him to the audience who didn't see Rogue one and established where he is in his life for all the people who did. Ashoka is lacking in that department. The show seems okay but it isn't giving you anything to get attached to.

Not a fair comparison, since one is a prequel and another is a direct sequel.

Even if you did watch Rogue One, we don’t know where Andor is at this earlier point in life that the Andor series starts at.  So yeah, they need to spend some time to spell out his origin some.

Rebels had a epilogue that Ahsoka basically jumps you into.  Yeah, a few years have passed, but the characters are still who they are at their core.  As such, you don’t need as long a time to intro them.

I really enjoyed the first two episodes but they were definitely slow, catch-up episodes for some, straight up introductions for many others. As someone that thinks Rebels was up there with Empire as some of the best Star Wars ever period, I love it, for others that didn't watch, it seems it's a Star Wars show about the orange jedi lady from Mando and a bunch of "new" Star Wars characters. I'm a little surprised there's so much emphasis on Rebels and Clone Wars knowledge, as others have said, lots of fans didn't watch those and I don't really think it's a great idea to have the overall main story a continuation of a story a lot of people aren't familiar with, hell most casual fans are still wondering who or what the hell Thrawn is. 

Edited by Tking22

On 8/24/2023 at 11:14 AM, Tking22 said:

I really enjoyed the first two episodes but they were definitely slow, catch-up episodes for some, straight up introductions for many others. As someone that thinks Rebels was up there with Empire as some of the best Star Wars ever period, I love it, for others that didn't watch, it seems it's a Star Wars show about the orange jedi lady from Mando and a bunch of "new" Star Wars characters. I'm a little surprised there's so much emphasis on Rebels and Clone Wars knowledge, as others have said, lots of fans didn't watch those and I don't really think it's a great idea to have the overall main story a continuation of a story a lot of people aren't familiar with, hell most casual fans are still wondering who or what the hell Thrawn is. 

If you weren't a 80s kid and a huge STAR WARS nerd that read all the books and comics into the 1990s then you're on your own, lol.

Tried it out of curiosity with the hype train gaining speed, but checked out right after...

Spoiler

... Sabine having her internals melted by a lightsaber and all perfectly well after a day at the magic hospital. I know this is not the first with Maul return after plummeting in half, then Shannec (ok, not a lightsaber, but a direct blaster hit), then the Jedi hunter twice in Obi show along with the grand inquisitor there... pretty much makes the light sabers utterly useless and contradicts previous establishments of a lightsaber able to singe through shield doors and easily slice chunks of steel due to it's heat. Why couldn't they just make Sabine get stabbed in the thigh and took longer to recover to make it a bit more believable. Yeah, I know, it's a universe of space wizards and gangster slugs, but the consistency of basic continuity rules creates more attachment to the lore and characters.  

On 8/27/2023 at 6:47 AM, jvmacross said:

Jedi: Fallen Order Force Echo ability now part of Ahsoka's bag of Jedi tricks?

Yes indeed.. 

7 minutes ago, Duke Togo said:

Well done episode. I like the pace of it. It's not in a rush.

Agreed. Very much enjoying the ride. 

If the T-6 was the Haslab, it would be getting funded after tonight’s ep.

Definitely a fun little ep., especially for the dogfighting.

Okay,

Spoiler

I get making the mother of all hyperspace rings, but adding turbo lasers?!  That was just mean! :lol:

So, how long until Hera says to hell with the Republic and brings herself, Chop’, Spectre 7, whoever else, and the Ghost to rescue our heroes?

2 hours ago, Mog said:

If the T-6 was the Haslab, it would be getting funded after tonight’s ep.

Definitely a fun little ep., especially for the dogfighting.

Okay,

Reveal hidden contents

I get making the mother of all hyperspace rings, but adding turbo lasers?!  That was just mean! :lol:

So, how long until Hera says to hell with the Republic and brings herself, Chop’, Spectre 7, whoever else, and the Ghost to rescue our heroes?

Spoiler

My thoughts exactly. I expect in the nick of time! It's SW after all.

Loved Ahsoka's space outfit.

4 hours ago, Duke Togo said:

Well done episode. I like the pace of it. It's not in a rush.

Considering they spent it on a ship going from point A (episode 2) to point B (episode 4). Guess this was the "Let's save money by filming on a set instead of the giant location wall"-episode.  It was an OK episode.

44 minutes ago, Mog said:

Not that I have a vested interest in the Ghost appearing 😇:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/haslab/products/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-the-ghost

Spoiler

Given what happened in this episode, Hera might have to pull the Ghost outta the hanger.