DX Chogokin VF-25 Revival Ver (WWM Releases)

no3Ljm

• 1 month later...

Has these VF-25 Revivals been quite a dud to you guys?

I've recently reopened my VF-25 Alto Revival for a simple scale picture a couple of weeks ago.

Prior to that, it's been boxed after taking some pictures during delivery to me.

It's not quite playable nor satisfying to me.

The issue I've experienced with it is...

Extreme joints looseness.

Very annoyingly so, as I've only really actually handled this item maybe twice or so after delivery for picture taking.

It's practically unused! 

This looseness should not happen at all!  At least, not after just two minor handlings.

Specifically, hips and shoulder joints looseness.

It keeps doing splits easily when in Battroid mode.  

I have  to really do some effort on positioning to keep it just standing steady.

The arms just flail easily, too. No more friction at all, unlike the first time out of the box.

I've tightened up the screws, but doesn't seem to help at all.

It's been quite disappointing, to say the least. 

Complete contrast to my YF-29 Max, which is still quite satisfyingly tight everywhere and very enjoyable to handle.

As such, I've seen/read some even more awful VF-25 Michael looseness and stuff. 

Good thing I didn't bother to get that variant.

55 minutes ago, treatment said:

Has these VF-25 Revivals been quite a dud to you guys?

I've recently reopened my VF-25 Alto Revival for a simple scale picture a couple of weeks ago.

Prior to that, it's been boxed after taking some pictures during delivery to me.

It's not quite playable nor satisfying to me.

The issue I've experienced with it is...

Extreme joints looseness.

Very annoyingly so, as I've only really actually handled this item maybe twice or so after delivery for picture taking.

It's practically unused! 

This looseness should not happen at all!  At least, not after just two minor handlings.

Specifically, hips and shoulder joints looseness.

It keeps doing splits easily when in Battroid mode.  

I have  to really do some effort on positioning to keep it just standing steady.

The arms just flail easily, too. No more friction at all, unlike the first time out of the box.

I've tightened up the screws, but doesn't seem to help at all.

It's been quite disappointing, to say the least. 

Complete contrast to my YF-29 Max, which is still quite satisfyingly tight everywhere and very enjoyable to handle.

As such, I've seen/read some even more awful VF-25 Michael looseness and stuff. 

Good thing I didn't bother to get that variant.

Yikes, that ain't good. Haven't bothered to open up my revivals yet but now I am curious to see how bad it is.:unknw:

I think this is just the typical Bandai quality lottery at this point.  Mine didn't have these issues that I saw.. I got two of the Alto, and one was loose, one wasn't.  

Also got two of the Max YF-29s, and one was a quality control disaster (mis-aligned holes and parts, incredibly sloppy transformation and articulation), while the second was pretty much perfect.

The only thing consistent is how inconsistent they are. <_< 

What a shame, that the Revivals aren't really all that they were made out to be. At this point, we can probably discount the so-called engineering improvements, and just go in with expectations that it has matte finishing & some extra tampo. 

I am simultaneously wishful that the long pause from releasing the rest of the 25s means they got enough flak and time to fix things, like the droopy arm guns on the AX Hayate reissue, while also not actually counting on them to ever finish the gang, because that's how bandai rolls...

When the time comes that the latter is evidently the case, I might just cave and try to grab one of these despite the sad joints. Hopefully those fuselage hinges and gun pods don't auto crack over time, like how all the old ones in the scary unopened mandarake listings seem to suggest...

I don't really care about Luca's enough to want another, but I hope they at least address the screaming elephant in the franchise and finally release an armored Ozma pack, just to satisfy the demand that has gone completely unanswered for over a decade.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

I don't really care about Luca's enough to want another, but I hope they at least address the screaming elephant in the franchise and finally release an armored Ozma pack, just to satisfy the demand that has gone completely unanswered for over a decade.

100%! I don't get Bandai at all. Ozma should have been before Michael and why do I own an Angelbirds DX instead of that scheme in HMR? Why do I have Hayao's DYRL 1A and Max's TV 1A but none of the other squad members in DX? They're totally nuts.

Michael's.. I kind of get.  Same super parts as Alto, easier to streamline the production.  I wouldn't even be surprised if they do a Luca first as well.

Ozma's is going to take a unique production to make all those parts though, so it'll probably be later.  Maybe we'll even get an Alto armor set while they're at it.

(And I still want that red Klan VF-25S ^_^)

Edited by Chronocidal

Bandai with all their departments definitely dont make a lick of sense. They have so many specific longstanding gundam designs with massive fan demand that they won't make kits of in the desired scale. They go as far as prototyping them and then cancelling them for absolutely no reason. Best they do is redesign existing kits. Or they do things like put most wanted designs into low volume p-bandai releases, and resort to endless reissues to keep with demand, except nobody wants to pay for scalpers to buy them. Then they go on making new IP that nobody wants, and spend all their marketing on those, despite bad reception. Bandai pretty much birthed the premium third party scene by creating masses of diehard fans of specific designs with no intention to merchandise anything. The those companies just showed up to fill the demand, and now have evolved into making higher quality collector toys than bandai.

You know even their gaming division is as also a mess when tekken's director goes on stage at tokyo game show to call them out on the lack of marketing support for all their other smaller game IPs that needs the marketing push overseas. They axe beloved gundam games that people want ported, while porting the ones nobody asked for. Then throw all their money at metaverse just to be laughed at.

Their nonsensical macross release are just a tiny fraction of their insanity. Everything they do is induces head scratching, and it's their fault when i bald.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

(And I still want that red Klan VF-25S ^_^)

I can't even find an image of it without being flooded with pics of the aoshima's vfg kit these days. I don't think I've ever even seen it in battroid form lol

• 2 months later...