Here's hoping Gunn can pull this off... current DCU still has two more -- very likely -- theatrical bombs to get out of the way before it can even begin to try and become a contender.  The only saving grace, for Warner Bros, is that its only rival is also circling the drain at the moment, and the foreseeable future... also ironic that the only Disney-Marvel movie that was both well received and made a (very!) modest profit since Endgame was a James Gunn flick.

5 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Here's hoping Gunn can pull this off... current DCU still has two more -- very likely -- theatrical bombs to get out of the way before it can even begin to try and become a contender.  The only saving grace, for Warner Bros, is that its only rival is also circling the drain at the moment, and the foreseeable future... also ironic that the only Disney-Marvel movie that was both well received and made a (very!) modest profit since Endgame was a James Gunn flick.

It’s too bad that the on dcu movie Gunn has done didn’t do so well. I really liked it, but it couldn’t was the stink off of the first Suicide Squad film. And I’m pretty sure you’re right about the next couple dcu films. I don’t think enough people are gonna care to see an aquaman sequel and they don’t have much of an attachment to blue beetle, but if word comes out that either of the two aren’t a turd, then maybe they got a chance, although I have my doubts 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 5:19 PM, Thom said:

The only one I'm looking forward to is A2. Never had any interest in Blue Beetle.

I’m the other way around. I’ve never liked Aquaman, he’s on my list of most hated superheroes. On the other hand, I actually like Blue Beetle.

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I’m pretty sure it will be a long while before this comes out. That’s probably a good thing and hopefully people will forget about her last movie by then.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The only property that has come remotely close to my interest in Macross is Superman/Justice League. I hope Gunn hits it out of the park for Superman Legacy and have a certain amount of optimism he will, but I didn't like the way Gunn addressed replacing Cavill by saying it was all these other guys at fault for screwing Cavill over as if he had no say in keeping the guy. It's pretty hard to find an actor, director, or writer who's as passionate about Superman as Cavill was. Most of these guys use the Superman license as a stepping stone for another project they'd rather be doing.

10 hours ago, Jeff J said:

The only property that has come remotely close to my interest in Macross is Superman/Justice League. I hope Gunn hits it out of the park for Superman Legacy and have a certain amount of optimism he will, but I didn't like the way Gunn addressed replacing Cavill by saying it was all these other guys at fault for screwing Cavill over as if he had no say in keeping the guy. It's pretty hard to find an actor, director, or writer who's as passionate about Superman as Cavill was. Most of these guys use the Superman license as a stepping stone for another project they'd rather be doing.

It’ll be alright. At least the new one can’t be as bad as the trash that was Man of Steel. Cavil is a great actor, but it’s too much of a call back to the failed snyderverse and it’s a better idea to recast with the reboot