BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

I finally saw the latest ep, but I think I might've caught an error ... Since when does Apollo know Helo? Wasn't Helo on Caprica before Apollo even made it to the Galactica? I can't remember ...

322455[/snapback]

Nope. Apollo and Helo met during Galactica's decommisioning ceremony.

Ah! Thanks! He was still acting like he new him well though, recognizing him almost immediately.

322524[/snapback]

I would guess (and it's only a guess) that Apollo knew him from before the show. He seemed to know some folks on Galactica and we know that he was close with Starbuck. Starbuck spent a lot of time with Helo and Boomer (back on Caprica she commented on how he was always after Boomer) so I would guess that they knew each other from before the start of the series.

OK, so tonight's episode definitely had a lot of things in it which kinda made me cringe. Boomer suddenly shooting Meier seemed rather screwed up to me that she could do it and not be shot in the process. However, the bumps were all negated by one line. I laughed hysterically when Dr. Kottle shouted "Will you STOP goin' crazy in there?" to Baltar. :lol:

I honestly am really starting to get into the direction they're going with Baltar. On the other hand, I have no clue where they're going with Boomer... And I sorely miss seeing space combat. Doesn't look like any is forthcoming in the next episode either. I had an interesting thought - I can't help but wish that we might sometime see Richard Hatch's character pilot a Viper eventually. Not at all likely, I know, but I can hope.

Dear Pegasus episodes: Please kick ass. Thank you.

I agree with your post Axelay. Baltar is becoming the most reliable character, at least you can know not to trust him, just enjoy his stangeness.

"And I sorely miss seeing space combat." Here-Here! I mean, it's kinda the meat and potatos of the show, or should be. The only few Cylons, in what seems an eternity, have been the 'toasters', who went from damn near indestructible, to cannon fodder for Apollo and Stabuck's pop guns. <_<

No way around it, Adama panzied out. Everyone betray's him, he gets angry, then forgives everyone(even though they ain't sorry) and hugs them. Where was Boomer's hug? Adama's real first name: Oprah.

As for Boomer; they can NEVER make her a trustworthy character. Galactica Boomer blew up a whole Basestar, how much more trust can you have and still betray? So her not shooting Adama proved nothing.

I really hope they've been saving up on special effects for Pegasus, blond Xena isn't going to float my boat, and that's two weeks away... reporters suck in real life AND make believe, remember Macross II?

After this episode I'm pretty sure Dr. Kottle is a cylon. 6's explaination of what she is, is bubkis. Kottle lied or omitted the results to Baltar. He also had access to Adamas Chest cavaty when he was operating on him. He could have implanted something in Adama similar to what Baltar "may" have, which would explain the sudden chest pain Adama got when he was strangleing Boomer.

I just don't think they explained Six in Baltars head at all. At least in a serious way.

Agreed, Love the show, but where is the space combat!!!! I've also noticed the change in the Cylons armor. From withstand several rounds from a heavy raider and needing explosive rounds to kill them....to 9mm pistols easily taking them out!

And Six looked FANTASTIC in those sweats! Best she's looked yet IMO.

Chris

The sweats were indeed Six's best outfit to date.

The Centurions that invaded the ship were a different type than the normal Centurions. Those ones had much stronger armor.

I loved how the doc said "Damn hypocondriacts, there's one on every ship."

Maybe Six's data was implanted in his brain directly? No chip required, and accessing her as easy as a memory. The cylons can copy and transplant their own memory, it would be feasible that they could screw with heads too.

Just when I began to have hope for the Baltar character, they blew it again. Otherwise, I enjoyed this episode. As usual, it goes by WAY too fast. Almost seems like a 20 minute show. And thank God Six put some clothes on. I was getting tired of seeing her anorexic ass.

Boomer was a Raptor pilot, wasn't she? I don't think they had her flying Vipers. either way, i think when Pegasus arrives, the Galactica will get more pilots and maybe more vipers, likely Mk VII's. plus, they can't ALL die when the Pegasus goes up, so some of them will end of on the galactica after its said and done. should be interesting either way.

They couldn't possibly make Billy the President, he's like 12 years old. :blink:

I would rather see Zaruck or Baltar as President at this point. Roslin is a space case.

I hope they'll let the Pegasus live a while, or better yet, blow up the Galactica and change the name of the show. :D Seriously though, I hope they introduce some likeable characters from the Pegasus. Apollo and Starbuck need a break.(especially if they're no where near a Viper!)

The Doctor as a Cylon? Don't know, but I agree Adama's chest pains are made to look suspicious. By the way, shouldn't Starbuck think of getting a check up to see what the Cylon Doctor did to her? Even Baltar was sane enough to to that.

I don't think the Pegasus will "go up". It'll probably disappear into deep space like in the original series. Leave you wondering.

And they got out of the cave by removing the arrow from the statue. It was next to them on the field where they viewed the star map.

They couldn't possibly make Billy the President, he's like 12 years old. :blink: 

I would rather see Zaruck or Baltar as President at this point. Roslin is a space case.

I hope they'll let the Pegasus live a while, or better yet, blow up the Galactica and change the name of the show. :D  Seriously though, I hope they introduce some likeable characters from the Pegasus. Apollo and Starbuck need a break.(especially if they're no where near a Viper!)

The Doctor as a Cylon? Don't know, but I agree Adama's chest pains are made to look suspicious. By the way, shouldn't Starbuck think of getting a check up to see what the Cylon Doctor did to her? Even Baltar was sane enough to to that.

323759[/snapback]

Oooooh! Now I'd like very much to see Zarek as President eventually. It may not make the best sense in terms of the story, but I just want to see Richard Hatch have an active ongoing role.

I definitely believe that the Pegasus will bring with it a group of new characters. Remember Sheba from the original series? I can't help but wonder if she'll be in this new one.

I am becoming increasingly convinced that Baltar is just flat out insane. He's not bugged, he's not a Cylon, he's just an A-1 nutboy. LOL. I really can't wait to see what they do with him.

I definitely agree that Starbuck should go have a medical exam ASAP. And what's up with what looked like Boomer giving birth in the preview for the next episode?

The Doctor as a Cylon? Don't know, but I agree Adama's chest pains are made to look suspicious.

323759[/snapback]

Um, I'd say his chest hurts because he just had it cracked open for surgery within the last few weeks. Get your chest sawed open and see how long the pain lingers.

Also, as far as how 6 shows up in Baltar's head, what about that episode where suddenly everyone could see her. She disappeared without a trace and no one could explain how she got off the ship. But she left her glasses so she had to have really been physically there. There's some mystery about her they haven't explained yet, like how she knows the future (how Boomer will have her baby in the cell for example).

Edited by glane21

There's no doubt to me that Six is a Cylon that does manipulate Baltar. I did entertain the idea that it was all in his head, but that just does seem to mesh with the thoughts he's having. I also doubt completely that he's a Cylon himself. It kind of defeats the point of the character to just have him as another sleeper agent. Besides, Boomer was a sleeper agent, and didn't have some manifestation of it talking to her. I think it would ruin the character if that turned out to be true. It could be possible that whatever's in his head is undetactable to colonial technology. It just seems unlikely that he's making this all up yet still hitting the mark.

Just watched, my thoughts, good episode overal, ties up a lot of loose ends, I definitely want to see what come next. AS for the next Cylon, i think I have a pretty good idea. I doubt that it is Doc Kottel, too old for one thing, too many bad habits, other then being nymphoes most cylons tend to lead clean lives, so far as we have seen. Could he be a traitor, i doubt it. Could Adama's chest pains have been triggered by something Kottle did, well yes, he operated on him, as was stated before you will experience chest pains up to months after having your chest cracked open. Excersion caused the pains, using those muscles again in combat, yes that will cause pain. Now as to who I think the next Cylon is, that is easy, it's Billy. I can hear you now, what Billy, I must be smoking crack. Watch the pilot, watch the cut scenes, especially the one where Billy first introduces himself to Roslin. Then think about it, he has been the only one who could possibly talk sense into Roslin, and he knew she had cancer, I rewatched the Pilot to see if she said anything that might be a hint before she told him, there is nothing that I could see, so unless there was something said off camera, he knew already. As for Baltar, yes he is nuts, no he is not a Cylon, yes the cylons are communicating with him somehow. How? Well that is a good question, if it is an implant, it's not mechanical in nature, it is biological and blends with the brain. Assuming of course taht it is in the brain, why not the spinal column, replacing one of his Vertebrae with the device, it could still work. Or maybe there is a six in the fleet that is telepathic and can communicate with him, we will just have to wait and see.

The episode rocks as does the show. The scene between the Chief, Boomer and Helo was pretty good.

This thread, on the other hand sucks... it's more like the "How I want Battlestar Galactica to be so I could enjoy it more."

I don't think this thread sucks. I love the show. Almost blindly. It's good to get another perspective to think about things in another way.

Honestly I'm itchin' for some fights. I really feel like the production is saving money for something really big. I assume the Pegasus story lines are going to be shot heavy.

Honestly I'm itchin' for some fights.  I really feel like the production is saving money for something really big.  I assume the Pegasus story lines are going to be shot heavy.

323857[/snapback]

I'm sure they are trying to save money for Pegasus. There's probably gonna be lots of CG and they probably want to do more location shots as well (that costs money).

Well again, for all my gripes, I think BSG is easily the best thing going. I won't recycle my complaints, I just repeat that the mini series and most of season one were excellent, but the plot twists and character development for season 2 has left me dissapointed. Too much betrayal and too little consequence.

BUT, that damn arrow thing is over, Roslin's so unpopular that Adama practically threatened everyone to applaud her( :D ), and they're bound to put Apollo and Starbuck back in their Vipers where they belong.

I plead guilty to wanting action/space battles, there's a balance between soap opera and action in good sci-fi, and almost all of season 2 has been soap opera so far. (even the Cylon boarding party episode was woefully lacking Cylons...)

I very much look forward to the Pegasus story, I'm hoping for at least a few battle hardened aces, a Roy Focker type would be nice. ;) Anyone to take a little spotlight from Apollo and Starbuck.

Also, I prefer Gabriella to Xena. :p

Well again, for all my gripes, I think BSG is easily the best thing going.

323866[/snapback]

I completely agree. Well, atleast until The Sopranos starts up again in the spring. I don't see there being too many more high profile "sleeper agents", you can only go back to the well so many times.

What am I looking forward to? Well, we are almost half way through the second season, and they haven't come upon one human inhabited planet yet. Seeing how much of the original series they have incorporated into the new show, I would expect to see the same here.

Well, if Billy was a Cylon, the writers prob didn't even consider it really yet (the pod casts even state the actor was thinking of leaving the show, thus they wrote him "out" of a few eps by not having him go with the Pres. He decided to stay or didn't get his other job or something, so he's back. And he said he knew about her Cancer because of things she said before.

Billy being a Cylon would prob suck. I'd rather have some new faces rather than more main or secondary cast members being sleeper agents. But we'll prob get one... Billy...Dualla...Gaeta...Cally...??? :blink:

Six and Baltar....the whole he's just plain nuts works because basically everything Six told him he could have figured out anyways...except for the religious angle about God and not "gods" the Colonials believe in. So it's still up in the air. Six and the Cylons seem to be playiing the whole scriptures out for the Humans. Wonder if they're just trying to emulate by their own doing the events of the human's religion and scriptures for their own reason.

Sharon stated that the Cylons believe in one God, and Six many times referred to there being one true God (like our beliefs or a Cylon one?), stating the ol'Peter Pan line "all of this has happened before and all of this will happen again" thing all the time, and also letting loose that of course, humans are the masters of self destruction. So...maybe the Cylons know that humanity will repeat mistakes and destroy themselves (Six and Doral talk about this in the 1st season) but are taking what they "want" from humanity and then break the cycle by wiping them out...

So far, best lines this season:

"Bitch took my ride."

"Adar was a moron" (Was supposed to be Adar was a prick but the censors won despite being on cable)

"Will you stop going crazy in there?"

"You can't take it back...there are no take backs!!"

Edited by Gaijin

Just when I began to have hope for the Baltar character, they blew it again. Otherwise, I enjoyed this episode. As usual, it goes by WAY too fast. Almost seems like a 20 minute show. And thank God Six put some clothes on. I was getting tired of seeing her anorexic ass.

323730[/snapback]

Duke, there is nothing wrong with Six, certainly nothing wrong with her ass. And in terms of Baltar, he is a developing character I'd think that will get more interesting with time. He started out as a self-serving self centered bastard, he is still that, but gradually Six is changing him. In little ways at first, but starting to accelerate the changes now. Nice management techniques she has. ;)

The cyclons here are certainly far more interesting here than old BSG. I am looking forward to their plans.

To be honest, I was originally annoyed with all the religious stuff on BSG. But they developed it into a fairly nice story. They are no longer meandering around like they did in season one. Now, that was a good show of survival, but eventually survivial itself is not enough, and Roslin has managed to give them a purpose in a roundabout way. She is still a politician, but hey, that works too.

One of the better scifi shows around. Not quite like B5, which is still my all time favorite, but far more dramatic than B5.

You know... after what happened in Kobol, I would think that Adama would become a Roslyn follower and that would autamatically make Tigh a believer. Unless he thinks that Adama is under some kind of spell or influence. But Adama confirming what he saw would probably be enough to convince Tigh. I guess we'll see how the writers play this one.

As for Adama wimping out, I don't think that's the case. He's always been able to respect other people's opinion even though he seems so set in his ways. And he explained that during this episode. If he didn't let Roslyn change his mind about running then they would be all dead. That's not wimping out, that's being able to swallow his pride for the greater good.

Roslyn is one of my favorite characters. She's probably the strongest character in the show. She initially lied to Helo about putting Sharon away, even though she meant to throw her out the air lock. She ejected that cylon from the air lock after she managed to get info out of him, when Starbuck couldn't. She stole one-third of the fleet. She decided to leave a bunch of ships to the cylons, even the little girl she promised no harm would come of her. Pretty tough decisions and required a lot of strength. And each one of those scenes made the show more interesting.

Over all I like the way the show progresses. The last episode answered a lot of questions and closed off a lot of the arcs. I'm just glad everyone is back on board the Galactica so we can get back to where we expect to see everyone in their place. Hopefully that means Appollo and Starbuck back on Vipers. Too bad we wont see Sharon in the Raptor anymore or her uniform... :p

One thing thats been bugging me is Boomers "attitude". I've said it before...if not here then in another forum, but I've seen other people say it also. She gets mouthy when someone reacts in a negative way to her. I really want to see someone point out to her that her kind nearly wiped out the human race, and are still trying to, that they are doing medical experiments on some of the survivors, and that they use subturfuge, lies, and sew mistrust in the humans they do interact with. Hell Galactica Boomer thought she was a human and wanted to do the right thing but still unknowingly shot Adama twice!!! So why should the trust her...because she says they can....because she can help....G-Boomer blew up a Baseship for Fracks sake!!!!!! Little good that did. So forgive us if we don't trust you Boomer!!!!

And Helo!!!!!!!!!! I really use to like that character....but he's becoming a Baltar type character...not evil or anything, just misguided. I understand he is trying to protect "his" child and all but he just eats up everything Boomer has to say, and when he said "I can't believe the old man reacted like that" I wanted to scream!!!! What a dumbass. He'll listen to everything his boomer has to say but not what anyone else is telling him of thier experiences with flesh-bots!! Including what the Boomer he knew for a few years did, and which was the one he probably fell in love with in the first place!!! Oh yeah, by the way....how did he act when he found out she was a Cylon....he ran away and then Shot her when she threw down her gun!!!!! How could the old man react like that my ass. Adama was shot twice so he wants to strangle her. She Fraked you and helped you survive on Caprica and you shoot her, but Adama is overreacting!!

I really hope they redeem this character, or at least are purposefully making him this way for a specific reason. Otherwise it's just poor writing IMO.

Chris

One thing thats been bugging me is Boomers "attitude". I've said it before...if not here then in another forum, but I've seen other people say it also. She gets mouthy when someone reacts in a negative way to her. I really want to see someone point out to her that her kind nearly wiped out the human race, and are still trying to, that they are doing medical experiments on some of the survivors, and that they use subturfuge, lies, and sew mistrust in the humans they do interact with. Hell Galactica Boomer thought she was a human and wanted to do the right thing but still unknowingly shot Adama twice!!! So why should the trust her...because she says they can....because she can help....G-Boomer blew up a Baseship for Fracks sake!!!!!! Little good that did. So forgive us if we don't trust you Boomer!!!! 

And Helo!!!!!!!!!! I really use to like that character....but he's becoming a Baltar type character...not evil or anything, just misguided. I understand he is trying to protect "his" child and all but he just eats up everything Boomer has to say, and when he said "I can't believe the old man reacted like that" I wanted to scream!!!! What a dumbass. He'll listen to everything his boomer has to say but not what anyone else is telling him of thier experiences with flesh-bots!! Including what the Boomer he knew for a few years did, and which was the one he probably fell in love with in the first place!!! Oh yeah, by the way....how did he act when he found out she was a Cylon....he ran away and then Shot her when she threw down her gun!!!!! How could the old man react like that my ass. Adama was shot twice so he wants to strangle her. She Fraked you and helped you survive on Caprica and you shoot her, but Adama is overreacting!!

I really hope they redeem this character, or at least are purposefully making him this way for a specific reason. Otherwise it's just poor writing IMO.

Chris

323994[/snapback]

People in love do strange things. None of it is ever rational.

I wonder if they will have an Imperious Leader in the Show..

I was re watching the Mini this weekend and I saw all kinds fo stuff I didnt notice before.. like.. The 70's Cylons and Base Star on display the Galatica Theme from the 70's during the Cermoney and Jolly the Fat dude with the stache in Name only whrn the OG C.A.G bought it......

I wonder if they will have an Imperious Leader in the Show..

I was re watching the Mini this weekend and I saw all kinds fo stuff I didnt notice before.. like.. The 70's Cylons and Base Star on display the Galatica Theme from the 70's during the Cermoney and Jolly the Fat dude with the stache in Name only whrn the OG C.A.G bought it......

324050[/snapback]

I still wish they'd kept the Cylon design closer to the original Centurions. Sure the design might be a little dated, and a little too "man in suit" looking, but the way they used to film the old suits in the early episodes was so iconic. That hazy filter, the super reflective highlights off the chrome, and of course the red eye. Ah well, what can you do?

Edited by bsu legato

I don't mind if Caprica Boomer is a little 'off', she might really feel that the Galactica Boomer was a whole other person, there's room for her to be a bit irrational considering her unique situaution.

It's the Galactica crew that has no room for for being forgiving or trusting at all towards Boomer. (or each other! But that's a whole other thing :blink: ) The Galactica Boomer could not have been more trustworthy. I still can't figure what trade off the Cylons wanted, the destruction of a whole Basestar just so Boomer could pop Adama a couple times? And she fails to kill him to boot..., you'd think she'd have emptied the clip into him or taken a head shot is she were REALLY serious.

If anything, Boomer should be on a prison ship apart from Galactica, they couldn't really know if she can transmit their position or is capable of some super human behavior, she's such a threat, It's hard to imagine her being allowed on Galactica or even in the fleet at all. I'd have left her and Helo on Kobol.

I don't mind if Caprica Boomer is a little 'off', she might really feel that the Galactica Boomer was a whole other person, there's room for her to be a bit irrational considering her unique situaution.

It's the Galactica crew that has no room for for being forgiving or trusting at all towards Boomer. (or each other! But that's a whole other thing :blink: ) The Galactica Boomer could not have been more trustworthy. I still can't figure what trade off the Cylons wanted, the destruction of a whole Basestar just so Boomer could pop Adama a couple times? And she fails to kill him to boot..., you'd think she'd have emptied the clip into him or taken a head shot is she were REALLY serious.

If anything, Boomer should be on a prison ship apart from Galactica, they couldn't really know if she can transmit their position or is capable of some super human behavior, she's such a threat, It's hard to imagine her being allowed on Galactica or even in the fleet at all. I'd have left her and Helo on Kobol.

324060[/snapback]

All I can say is they Gave Cally 30 days in the Brig for Shooting Boomer I hope we see her soon

We should get a pool going on who is or is not a Cylon.. Since Baltar isnt Telling any and every one is Human as far as he is concerned...

My Money is on Ellen Tigh something is seriously Wringing that Witch's tit

and one else have a Guess??

I should make a new Book.. Spot the Cylon( Where's Waldo)

Six in sweats... WOW ;):D

Edited by Otaku-Smeghead

As for Adama wimping out, I don't think that's the case.  He's always been able to respect other people's opinion even though he seems so set in his ways.  And he explained that during this episode.  If he didn't let Roslyn change his mind about running then they would be all dead.  That's not wimping out, that's being able to swallow his pride for the greater good.

Roslyn is one of my favorite characters.  She's probably the strongest character in the show.  She initially lied to Helo about putting Sharon away, even though she meant to throw her out the air lock.  She ejected that cylon from the air lock after she managed to get info out of him, when Starbuck couldn't.  She stole one-third of the fleet.  She decided to leave a bunch of ships to the cylons, even the little girl she promised no harm would come of her.  Pretty tough decisions and required a lot of strength.  And each one of those scenes made the show more interesting.

323980[/snapback]

You're listening to the podcasts aren't ya? :)

As for Adama wimping out, I don't think that's the case.  He's always been able to respect other people's opinion even though he seems so set in his ways.  And he explained that during this episode.  If he didn't let Roslyn change his mind about running then they would be all dead.  That's not wimping out, that's being able to swallow his pride for the greater good.

Roslyn is one of my favorite characters.  She's probably the strongest character in the show.  She initially lied to Helo about putting Sharon away, even though she meant to throw her out the air lock.  She ejected that cylon from the air lock after she managed to get info out of him, when Starbuck couldn't.  She stole one-third of the fleet.  She decided to leave a bunch of ships to the cylons, even the little girl she promised no harm would come of her.  Pretty tough decisions and required a lot of strength.  And each one of those scenes made the show more interesting.

323980[/snapback]

You're listening to the podcasts aren't ya? :)

324091[/snapback]

No... should I?