It would be smart of KC to stop the limited production stuff and just inform everyone of limited runs, that if you don't buy it now then it might be a few years before they can make another run due to making other things. by putting those angel birds as a one time thing they are restricting what they can do in the future.

The best thing they can do is market the 1/72 as a direct competitor to HM-R 1/100 and create a 1/35 Scale DX Competitor to the 1/48. Lots of metal & cast metal parts to create a premium feel and premium finished Valk. they might find better success this way.

9 hours ago, jenius said:

It's not that much of a hindrance though because they can always reissue with a minor change like adding super parts or making a slight change to the mold.

That's a good point. would love to see the super parts.:)

Edited by Spark-O-Matic
I'd expressed a false analogy in hindsight.

1 hour ago, MKT said:

From KC’s post on FB:

031F7A93-E55B-4A2D-9707-7466DE6F5CE9.jpeg.959fbb28443ddca734ab32a33329d85c.jpeg

Sooo tempted to get one of these... the preorder price for this, locally, is the same as the HMR VF-0A :shok:. But I try to avoid white valks as much as possible so I'll see if there'll be a preorder here for the low viz one.

57 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Has anyone purchased any of the "repackaged" versions?

Do they come in fighter mode now, rather than Battroid?

My low viz VFs will be my first l get with the new packaging...at least I think they will be...

I did. It shipped nearly 2 months ago but it will be some time before I get them, maybe another month, as they are on the slow boat lol. 

Looks like they updated the release date on the Regult...now it's April 2024...;)

https://www.kitzconcept.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=93

Same for GBP Armor....April 2024, but on this one it says date may change...lol

https://www.kitzconcept.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=79

Edited by jvmacross

11 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Looks like they updated the release date on the Regult...now it's April 2024...;)

With the yen as weak as it's been in decades, $133 USD (plus shipping) will cost me a lot more than it would have when the pre-orders first went up a year ago... 

For that price, I could order NINE 1:72 Regults from Hasegawa, and still have change left over. 

Is the Zentraedi soldier figure alone worth that much to me...?  🤔

48 minutes ago, tekering said:

With the yen as weak as it's been in decades, $133 USD (plus shipping) will cost me a lot more than it would have when the pre-orders first went up a year ago... 

For that price, I could order NINE 1:72 Regults from Hasegawa, and still have change left over. 

Again with the tired cost comparisons with "kits"....these are TOYS...most people who buy toys either can't or have no time to build kits...so it's pointless to bring up the cost differences...everyone should know that toys are more expensive than kits because toys, at minimum, are already built, painted and detailed...especially the stuff coming from KC...and that doesn't even include gimmicks, lighting, and "extras" like pilot figures that you normally would not get with a kit unless you, again, do the work yourself...as a kit builder, you know how much time, supplies and effort goes into making a kit look just right, which means you know it ultimately costs way more than the purchase price of any kit...this is also why collectors get upset with these vendors when they make epic mistakes on their "expensive" and "no additional work needed" toys...

2 hours ago, tekering said:

I’ll take an army of Regults 

I am not much interested in how to buy 101 versions of a VF-1 toy that has been done repeatedly over the decades as if you think you are getting something new.

I just want to see newer figures that have not been made before. Well the good news is that the Dana Sterling figure should arrive this month. Or is it next month. I just want to see that and if they make more figures from this line. As long as it does not take a decade to make 3 different figures, that would be great. How about a Nova Satori and a Marie Crystal figure. I don't want to see a one figure toy line from this series. I need a fully transformable Hover Tank.

Southern Cross Action Figures-Dana2-1100x1100w.jpg

350130697_3426189084295600_9006626185097096256_n-1100x1100h.jpg

I'd like an updated Hikaru pilot figure...

Last I checked the Dana figure was still available for PO...so not sold out....

These armors a way too different...I think Dana will be one and done....

scads4.JPG

Unlike the VF-1...these armors can't simply be repaints with a new helmet and face/head...

KC should have concurrently designed at least her bike...would have made a nice display piece...

2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I'd like an updated Hikaru pilot figure...

Last I checked the Dana figure was still available for PO...so not sold out....

These armors a way too different...I think Dana will be one and done....

scads4.JPG

Unlike the VF-1...these armors can't simply be repaints with a new helmet and face/head...

KC should have concurrently designed at least her bike...would have made a nice display piece...

That is my point. I want to see new and never released figures. I want to see these sculpts in toy form. Not the same tired VF-1 toy line that comes in all colours and sizes. Do you really think you are getting something worthwhile because it has a number stamped on the bottom of your VF-1 toy or cleaned up the line work on the toy.  It's the same toy. Yawn! 🥱

1 hour ago, shazam said:

You're too much! 😄

I'm SDFM (and to some extent DYRL) purist...so you'll have a really hard time, if not impossible, in trying to convince me that there are ever too many VF-1 toys on the market....as it is, I am already eagerly waiting for the ThreeZero VF-1  release! :good:

The original SDFM....accept no imitations! 

2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I'm SDFM (and to some extent DYRL) purist...so you'll have a really hard time, if not impossible, in trying to convince me that there are ever too many VF-1 toys on the market....as it is, I am already eagerly waiting for the ThreeZero VF-1  release! :good:

The original SDFM....accept no imitations! 

How about other stuff from Macross. I’d be interested to see them do a Queadluun Rau tv type. It probably wouldn’t be as cool as the hasegawa movie version kit or the tv version that Moscato did, but as far as toys, it couldn’t be as bad as the Yamato. That thing had such strange proportions everywhere.

17 minutes ago, Big s said:

How about other stuff from Macross. I’d be interested to see them do a Queadluun Rau tv type. It probably wouldn’t be as cool as the hasegawa movie version kit or the tv version that Moscato did, but as far as toys, it couldn’t be as bad as the Yamato. That thing had such strange proportions everywhere.

Yeah...they will have to branch out at some point....I don't think there are enough collectors willing to buy their rainbow valks...

If they ever get around to releasing their Regult....they have at least 2 easy variants...and if they do Not-DYRL schemes...they can do DYRL Regults, like Toynami did years ago...

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Yeah...they will have to branch out at some point....I don't think there are enough collectors willing to buy their rainbow valks...

If they ever get around to releasing their Regult....they have at least 2 easy variants...and if they do Not-DYRL schemes...they can do DYRL Regults, like Toynami did years ago...

I don’t think they can do dyrl

2 minutes ago, cfernandez said:

Just wondering if you order the Roy Fokker VF-1S w/fast pack ordering directly from KitzConcept will you get both the standard missiles of the jet AND the reaction missiles of the fast packs or just the reaction missiles?  Thanks in advance guys!

Unless they are packaging these using the "new" smaller boxes, the VF-1S box should come with the regular missiles...the "set" is actually 2 separate boxes, one containing the VF-1S and the other the FP armor...

Also note that the Fast Pack Armor v2.0 will not tab in correctly in fighter mode due to the modification of the leg tabs on the V 2.x, which this "set" comes with...just something to keep in mind....

5 hours ago, cfernandez said:

Just wondering, if I order this instead of the Roy Fokker mentioned above, will I NOT get the Fast Pack ver. 2.  It does not say anywhere that these are the fast pack ver. 2 setup.

https://www.kitzconcept.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=59

If not the new ver. 2, does this eliminate the inherent tab problem?

Doesn't matter...neither will fit correctly...

The problem isn't the armor...it's the leg tabs....

Just to be clear....this only affects fighter mode....Battroid and Gerwalk will both be fine...

On 12/12/2023 at 12:22 PM, shazam said:

I am not much interested in how to buy 101 versions of a VF-1 toy that has been done repeatedly over the decades as if you think you are getting something new.

I just want to see newer figures that have not been made before. Well the good news is that the Dana Sterling figure should arrive this month. Or is it next month. I just want to see that and if they make more figures from this line. As long as it does not take a decade to make 3 different figures, that would be great. How about a Nova Satori and a Marie Crystal figure. I don't want to see a one figure toy line from this series. I need a fully transformable Hover Tank.

Southern Cross Action Figures-Dana2-1100x1100w.jpg

350130697_3426189084295600_9006626185097096256_n-1100x1100h.jpg

Truth!

My Xmas present arrived early..  ended up picking up 2 of the low viz KC 1A/S valks.    And 1 of the Fokker 1S "Special Color" because apparently my old man eyes still didn't get what the special color was.     After seeing it in person its pretty obvious,  but will fit in nicely with the low viz valks. 

Both of the low viz valks read 003 on the sides,  and there is no indication of limited run on these anywhere.

KClowviz.jpg.ae3726d4231d1b1281bba20119e631ab.jpg

KClowviz2.jpg.782685c8056dcdb55b80b01d24af2866.jpg

The "Special Color" Version of the Fokker TV 1S

KCFokker1SLowViz.jpg.98e82b8a8ec18d4efc4a4a0fcaf43b14.jpg

KCFokker1SLowViz2.jpg.6b86a152c1a953689eadfb028881d2ab.jpg

KCFokker1SLowViz3.jpg.3b7117d54307309aec604046754ff8ff.jpg