Strike a pose, anything goes!

Pontus

9 hours ago, Mog said:

'DSC_0502.JPG.3114c3be05dc87be7e1072fbcf608226.JPG

I don't have real affinity to the Vehicle Voltron cartoon, but I do remember coming across the huge toy box on the bottom shelf at the toy section in the department store during what should be the late 80's. Looking it up now, it must have been Matchbox's, but back then I thought it was the most amazing toy ever based on that box! During the same time, or perhaps on another visit circa the same era, there was the huge SDF-1 toy (Takatoku), but it didn't make as much impression to me as this Voltron did.

Perhaps I should pick up the Chogokin one day.

8 hours ago, MKT said:

I don't have real affinity to the Vehicle Voltron cartoon, but I do remember coming across the huge toy box on the bottom shelf at the toy section in the department store during what should be the late 80's. Looking it up now, it must have been Matchbox's, but back then I thought it was the most amazing toy ever based on that box! During the same time, or perhaps on another visit circa the same era, there was the huge SDF-1 toy (Takatoku), but it didn't make as much impression to me as this Voltron did.

Perhaps I should pick up the Chogokin one day.

For everything that could go wrong, the Bandai SOC was actually quite impressive.  

All the joints are nice and tight, despite being made of 15 parts/vehicles.  Two handed sword poses are no problem.  Articulation galore.  All the vehicles have nice little touches.  And it just has a crap-ton of accessories.

There are a few design limitations (can’t really rotate the forearms, so that the wheels are facing the torso instead of the back).

But it’s one hell of a collector’s piece.

10 hours ago, jorawar_b said:

1/48 Thunderhammer 

DSC00010.JPG

The original Thunder Hammer looks so much better than Fext Hobby's effort. :wub: One key difference is the crotch armor for FEXT's just a bit too overt and sticks out too much.