1/60 Blue Roses 002 Strike custom

Anasazi37

This project has been on my workbench for about a year now. To make room for some other projects I have in the queue, I finished this one. This is by far my favorite color scheme and it pained me to have the valk sitting incomplete for so long.... All of you have been keeping me super busy with decal orders! :p I took a VF-1S Strike and put it through the normal routine of disassembly, cleaning, paint stripping, sanding, priming, painting, detailing, and clearcoating. I made the decals for it, of course. :D The dark color of this valk made it especially difficult to pull off without a ton of paint scraping that might expose the white plastic underneath during transformations. I used my Dremel way more than usual to make this custom work. Talk about a headache....

Here are the Hasegawa 1/72 kits from Model Graphix that this custom is based on:

br_fighter.jpg

br_battroid.jpg

And here are fighter mode pics of my custom (without armor). I elected to use a satin finish so it appears a bit darker in color than the original. The Tamiya Sea Blue I used is a perfect match. I'll be uploading battroid as well as armored pics tomorrow once I do a little touch-up work on the cannon. Enjoy!

br_fighter_1.jpg

br_fighter_2.jpg

br_fighter_3.jpg

Edited by Anasazi37

WOW!!!

Perfect.

That's my new favorite sceme.

As promised, more pics!

Battroid mode, no armor:

br_battroid_1.jpg

br_battroid_2.jpg

Battroid mode, with armor:

br_armored_battroid_1.jpg

br_armored_battroid_2.jpg

br_armored_battroid_3.jpg

I'll get pics of armored Fighter mode uploaded later today. Gerwalk is not easy to pull off with 1/60 customs, so I don't think I'm going to try that one--it puts too much strain on the paint job....

Positively...awesome.

Yeah, Fast Packed Fighter mode would be the best display piece.

Superb job on that custom, and at 1/60!

just a suggestion, how about painting the pilot suit to match the dark blue valk and leaving the yellow untouch?

I hadn't thought of that! Interesting idea to have the pilot suit match the rest of the color scheme. I'll dig out one of my detail brushes and give it a try over the next few days. I'll be sure to post pics when it's done.

Before I forget, I want to say thank you to everyone who's commented so far on this custom. I put a lot of work into it and I'm elated at the overwhelmingly positive response it has received. I'll try to get it shipped to wherever MW Con 4 is going to be held this year, along with my Angel Birds custom and perhaps one other I am working on right now. :D