Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

4 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

Are we thinking now that others that still have a PO up (LP, etc) will be able to fulfill them?

seeing that it was a TWE Lottery they may? its hard to really tell how many of them where put out....  LP always feels kinda sketch to, i do wonder how they sources their items.

2 minutes ago, R0P3-F15H said:

seeing that it was a TWE Lottery they may? its hard to really tell how many of them where put out....  LP always feels kinda sketch to, i do wonder how they sources their items.

They mentioned before they know someone inside, so who knows? 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, levzloi said:

not backwards, they are on both sides of the standard mold for the super/strike forearm armor, also used to secure the gun pod (if you could call it secure).

edit, but as you pointed out the mold does appear to be new with the circle, could be backwards, but the notches are normally on both sides.

ah you are right, in my brain I was thinking the gunpod mounts were only on the inside....not sure where I got that idea

3 minutes ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

How does one buy one of these new Bandai 1/48 without getting sweezed. Is there a certain store online everyone buys from? Thx

Anything physical store or event exclusives, the best bet are Anime-Export, Hobby-Genki, BigInJapan, and sellers from Yahoo Japan Auction. Always expect to pay more for this kind of exclusives. This also applies on anything Tamashii Web Exclusive / P-Bandai releases. Anything regular release, then most of regular Japanese store like HLJ, Amiami, etc are the go-to places. Anything that has the WorldWideMacross logo/slogan/phrases, if you're in the US, then expect some online US hobby/collectible stores will have it.

14 hours ago, betocc said:

Still available on my end. However it was cheaper to get it from Yahoo Auctions JP, but current prices are now close to AE price.

https://anime-export.com/index.php?product=74629

That page is blank to me.

This one is not:

https://anime-export.com/index.php?product=74677

Edited by Radioguy

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

this any good? i might get one

No! To Large, too detailed, too expensive, Hard to get, too costly to ship! and hence the above picture break when applying, way to much force... 🤪

Edited by grogall

4 hours ago, jenius said:

That looks very unnatural... Wonder how it could have happened.

I'm just guessing, but the only thing I could think of that would cause that sort of failure is if someone managed to get the thruster flap jammed against the arms, and then decided they would force the backpack down come hell or high water.  

And to think we survived the era of BP-8. :lol: 

2 hours ago, grogall said:

So the 5pm discussion on "Macross" didn't reveal anything? Can't really believe that! 😕

After the really big showing at last year's event because of 40th anniversary of Macross, where more than 30 new items were previewed, this year was disappointing. Just a small handful of items, some of which were already previewed last year or have been teased for several years. Apart from the Super Ostrich prototype, which was a genuine surprise, it seems like they phoned it in this time. I'd like to think that Bandai's designers and engineers are hard at work on toys like the 1/2000 SDF-1 and the remaining HM-R Destroids, so they couldn't put much time or energy into the event, but we're talking about Bandai. They're focused on other, more lucrative properties. At this point I'm just hoping that most of what they showed last year gets released...eventually.

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

After the really big showing at last year's event because of 40th anniversary of Macross, where more than 30 new items were previewed, this year was disappointing. Just a small handful of items, some of which were already previewed last year or have been teased for several years. Apart from the Super Ostrich prototype, which was a genuine surprise, it seems like they phoned it in this time. I'd like to think that Bandai's designers and engineers are hard at work on toys like the 1/2000 SDF-1 and the remaining HM-R Destroids, so they couldn't put much time or energy into the event, but we're talking about Bandai. They're focused on other, more lucrative properties. At this point I'm just hoping that most of what they showed last year gets released...eventually.

Ok, Thanks for that! So VT-1 Super Ostrich and the rest of the Skull Squadron, Guess that's fine by me! Maybe VE-1 at the end of the year would be a great roundup for the 40th D.Y.R.L. Anna...🤗 Hopefully all (Mechanic Edition) 😉

03-2-1200x1080.jpg

Edited by grogall

12 hours ago, grogall said:

Ok, Thanks for that! So VT-1 Super Ostrich and the rest of the Skull Squadron, Guess that's fine by me! Maybe VE-1 at the end of the year would be a great roundup for the 40th D.Y.R.L. Anna...🤗 Hopefully all (Mechanic Edition) 😉

03-2-1200x1080.jpg

A VE-1 probably isn't too far behind after the VT-1. Unless the VT-1 doesn't sell enough for Bandai's liking and it ends up getting scrapped like so many other teases. 

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

A VE-1 probably isn't too far behind after the VT-1. Unless the VT-1 doesn't sell enough for Bandai's liking and it ends up getting scrapped like so many other teases. 

My thoughts exactly, I read that the initial VT-1, 1:55 didn't sell very well, but today is well sought after. I don't know how well the 1:60 High MetalR line sold!? Since the Chogokin VF-1D is almost always sold out from Mandrake, the VT-1 and VE-1 will do well! And the VT-1/VE-1 share the same mould in most parts, its almost a given that we will see the VE-1 soon... 

81j7AIUGceL._AC_SL00_.jpg

Edited by grogall

2 hours ago, grogall said:

My thoughts exactly, I read that the initial VT-1, 1:55 didn't sell very well, but today is well sought after. I don't know how well the 1:60 High MetalR line sold!? Since the Chogokin VF-1D is almost always sold out from Mandrake, the VT-1 and VE-1 will do well! And the VT-1/VE-1 share the same mould in most parts, its almost a given that we will see the VE-1 soon... 

81j7AIUGceL._AC_SL00_.jpg

Bandai should just bundle this thing with some Gundam extra part to ensure sell out. 😆 Then the VE will come along. 

Edited by Raikkonen

23 hours ago, grogall said:

Honestly, the only reason those two designs are so "popular" is because of the rarity.  I think certain people absolutely latch on to their unique design, and they're especially iconic with DYRL.. but historically?  They don't sell very well.

I got my original 1/60 Yamato v2s on clearance at HLJ, and it was only years later that prices started to climb.  The same happened with the HMR versions.  Pre-orders were a nightmare as usual, but after release?  They were available everywhere easily for a while.  I had no trouble getting three of each.

With this one?  I'm not waiting, because I seriously doubt Bandai will make more than one run, and they might not produce that many to begin with.