What was the 1st Valkyrie toy to ever owned?

GobotFool

The 1st valkyrie toy I ever owned was actually a green Joons bootleg. After that I snagged a Bandai fire valk.

Then yamato entered the valkyrie market and well, it was all down hill from there. :lol:;):)

Edited by GobotFool

We do this alot don't we?

Old Skool: Jetfire.

New: Roy VF-1S and Max VF-1A from an HLJ sale. Sadly never to receive their 1/60 FP upgrades which was part of the motivation for buying. <_<

Sorry, but we just did this one not too long ago.

Remembering Your First Valk

My yamato 1/60 VF-1S Roy was my first Macross toy.

Edited by Anubis

Takatoku VF-1J. Bought it from a store at South Coast Plaza called Toys International for 19.95. Busted the ears on it transforming it. I tried to fix it like crazy but it was no go. funny thing is I eventually sold the gunpod from that guy for 75 bucks! No Joke!

i don't remember....i can't remember that far back <_< ....

my childhood years are kinda foggy :unsure:

but i know the first valk i got (that i can remember) is the Yamato 1/60 VF-1S Focker. i saw it on sale on hlj.com and decided to buy one after seeing my friend's Yamato CF...his b-day was coming up during the sale and i had some cash so i said to him "ey....if u want one i'll get it for you" so i did...pretty nice of me huh?! :p and after that i just fell in love with the 1/60 scale valks...i currently have 3 vf-1's (and another on the way) and a vf-11b fp....i love these things....i think they're just perfect :)

Originally posted in similar thread mentioned above....

This story may bring tears to others as it has done to me, but I will tell it anyway................

Around '89 my brother and I take a trip to the famous "MR. BIG TOYLAND" to bring back memories of going there with my father and getting Shoguns. Low and behold we come across many Takatoku Valkyries. With only limited funds on hand, we decide to walk away with 4 items:

1/100 VF-1A Production...........1/100 VF-1J Hikaru.............1/100 VF-1S Fokker..............1/3000 SDF-1

The Valks were just slightly less than new and were a measely $20 each!! And I believe the SDF-1 set us back $40 or $60. Here's the tear jerker...........they had 1/55s there also starting at $40 each.........including the VE-1!! ( I also swear I saw a VT-1).

Because we were only familiar with Robotech, we opted for the familiar valks as well as the idea of getting 3 of them. When I found chatrooms and eBay a decade later...........I needed de-fib paddles!!!

I still have these tucked away and although I strayed to the world of Gundam, I have recently had the "gotta-haves" with these Yamatos coming out of the woodwork and have acquired 1/60 versions of the CF and Hikaru's Super -1J.

I'm glad I could share........I now need a moment to myself...............

First: "Robotech" Max Super Joke Machine...

Ditto.

Man, the fun I had with that thing...

Flying it through the air, spinning in circles, taking the armor off, putting the amror on, landing it on the table...

Darn it! Now I miss it.

I found what was left of that old JM the other day. The poor guy had no legs, one booster, and one arm left.

I was a bad, bad child... <_<

Joons VF-1J was my first, and it's undergone many minor repairs, but is still in good working condition. The only thing is that it's sitting in its box in my old room back at my parents place.

Damn the chunky monkeys are durable, that thing has gone through sooooo many crash landings... :lol:

For me, it was the Transformers Jetfire (and a Roy joke machine), back in 1986. Sadly, I kept calling it a Veritech, because at age 6, I didn't know better...

Edited by Pat Payne

My first Valk toy was the 1/72 Bandai VF-1S Hi-Complete, which I bought back in 1987.

My first Valk model kit was the Imai 1/100 Armored Valkyrie, which I bought in 1982 or 1983.

Graham

Hey Graham , what a coincidence :) my very first Macross product was the Imai 1/100 Armored valkyrie as well ! then I bought the Arii 1/72 Armored VF-1A as well as a Gerwalk VF-1A kit which I don´t remeber it´s manufacturer, that was a few years later though , around 86 if I remeber well (don´t wuaote me on this I don´t have a good memory).

after that I wasn´t able to find anyonther Macross product until Yamato came uo with the M+ toys and I bought a VF-11B.

Edited by Aegis!

First Valkyrie I've seen? My older brother got an old Bandai (?) 1:72 Transformable VF-1D Model around 1986, I think my Grandfather picked it up for him at the San Francisco Japantown.

First Valkyrie I've owned? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. It was probably a couple of years ago......a reissued Bandai 1:55 VF-1J that I ordered from HLJ.com (which was funny because I ordered a 1:60 Yamato VF-1A instead).

:D

Definitely Jetfire...

But the first valkyrie I ever got my hands on that was actually Macross was a Joon's Milia valk.

Still got that POS somewhere. :p

Same here. I was happy to find a secondhand Jetfire, missing the gunpod. Was really happy to find a red Joon's VF-1J at a flea market.

First: "Robotech" Max Super Joke Machine...

Ditto.

Man, the fun I had with that thing...

Flying it through the air, spinning in circles, taking the armor off, putting the amror on, landing it on the table...

Darn it! Now I miss it.

I found what was left of that old JM the other day. The poor guy had no legs, one booster, and one arm left.

I was a bad, bad child... <_<

Gasp!!!! If I saw that it would have made me cry.

For me, it was the Transformers Jetfire (and a Roy joke machine), back in 1986. Sadly, I kept calling it a Veritech, because at age 6, I didn't know better...

Heh. I just called them jetplanes, or robot jets, or some other similar generic term.

Not that I didn't accuse the Transformers of "ripping off Robotech" when I saw Jetfire, but...

A 1/55 Misa I got while in Japan a few years ago. I knew about RT (I was with a friend that introduced me to it) and he pointed the thing out to me (I also got some Arii models too). Needless to say I paid a lot of money for it, but it's worth it. I was too young for the first transformers, but my brother might have had a Jetfire.

Gasp!!!! If I saw that it would have made me cry.

In that case, my friend, let me get a digital camera when I get home... bwahahahaha.. I'll send it to you over AIM..

Greenguy, I have said it before, and I'll say it again you are evil!