What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

1 hour ago, Casual.Plamo said:

What's wrong with it? I can't spot the mistake 😅

I think it’s just an odd pose. Oddly it seems pretty accurate to how the kit moves almost more an illustration based on the actual kit than a kit based off the illustration 

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I think it’s just an odd pose. Oddly it seems pretty accurate to how the kit moves almost more an illustration based on the actual kit than a kit based off the illustration 

Yea, i mean I don't know how different it is in the animation or illustration. But it looks pretty much the same with the kit.

Partly for me it's a bit odd to see the forward-swivel Gerwalk joint being utilized in Battroid form; typically whenever you see Battroid animated/drawn, it always has that joint closed and swivels forward using the hip joint instead. Artists might curve the thigh forward, blend the top and bottom halves together to get a more dynamic forward bend while keeping the vents relatively parallel to the body.

This rendition is mechanically correct - or at least mechanically correct as far as this kit is concerned - but it's just not what has usually been done when depicting this subject this or similar ways.

26 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

This rendition is mechanically correct - or at least mechanically correct as far as this kit is concerned - but it's just not what has usually been done when depicting this subject this or similar ways.

I have to agree. It’s definitely a thing you could do with the actual kit, but that bend looks awkward in art and kinda makes the leg look barely attached.

There were a few instances where that was done in animation, but usually the upper leg and hip/ intake moved as one. The kit definitely needs to move those parts to get any forward poses since the back of the intake is so high and there’s not a lot of body movement to let it clear the back parts

On 11/17/2023 at 6:13 AM, no3Ljm said:

Boxart by Tenjin.

HS2312M01.jpg.8930e079cdcef5d3d58435d437a593e0.jpg

Would love to do a Hasegawa VF-1S Battroid model someday....

On 11/24/2023 at 9:59 AM, Big s said:

I have to agree. It’s definitely a thing you could do with the actual kit, but that bend looks awkward in art and kinda makes the leg look barely attached.

There were a few instances where that was done in animation, but usually the upper leg and hip/ intake moved as one. The kit definitely needs to move those parts to get any forward poses since the back of the intake is so high and there’s not a lot of body movement to let it clear the back parts

If you think about it, the leg is only attached by one joint, and that's at the hip.

Edited by pengbuzz

On 11/24/2023 at 1:59 PM, SteveTheFish said:

They're apparently not fond of capitalizing proper nouns these days...

Unless someone on the inside gives Hasegawa a reason to care, the problem's only likely to get worse.

I think this reflects a general shift in priorities within the Japanese education system as a whole.  As the student population dwindles, schools are lowering admission standards across the board, and younger teachers now focus on fluency over accuracy.  I teach twelve year-olds who regularly forget to capitalize their own names... and I'm the only one who seems to care. 😒

Heck, some of them don't even remember to use Romanji on their English tests! 🙄

8 hours ago, tekering said:

I teach twelve year-olds who regularly forget to capitalize their own names... and I'm the only one who seems to care. 😒

Heck, some of them don't even remember to use Romanji on their English tests! 🙄

Me too, and yes, I see the same thing.

9 hours ago, Big s said:

Seems they’ve been doing this for a whileIMG_2307.jpeg.37cb35fdf98fc5d24340b432e83cb048.jpegIMG_2303.jpeg.81abe41942ac0f121c9edaab8bf399ec.jpegthis one they capitalizedIMG_2304.jpeg.3bd937a985e09d675ef43555b8b46055.jpegand they couldn’t remember if it’s Harlock or HerlockIMG_2306.jpeg.8dc9d551f500c7a83033aa51dd59bcc0.jpegIMG_2302.jpeg.3b53ea511b5ba2c0fa5984f32a52d8b7.jpegand here’s the classic Vermilion Squadron rather than platoonIMG_2305.jpeg.c6e25d68b427c8893b4af8fb65e15cad.jpeg

At least the images are really nice!!

Edited by joscasle

43 minutes ago, joscasle said:

At least the images are really nice!!

That’s really true. But personally it could have a blank box as long as the contents and instructions are great. Box art and logos are just icing on the cake. 
With a lot of old kits the box was actually the best part. I could stare at those pictures and my imagination would run wild. The kit inside rarely was anything near the box art, and you really had to work on those. I’m glad that we’re in an age where we can have a cool kit as well as great box art.

On 11/26/2023 at 11:34 AM, Big s said:

That’s really true. But personally it could have a blank box as long as the contents and instructions are great. Box art and logos are just icing on the cake. 
With a lot of old kits the box was actually the best part. I could stare at those pictures and my imagination would run wild. The kit inside rarely was anything near the box art, and you really had to work on those. I’m glad that we’re in an age where we can have a cool kit as well as great box art.

AMEN!!!!!

50 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Surprise, surprise, got my Q-Raus waiting to ship at HLJ! I wasn't expecting these to release until late December.

Yeah, mine came in stock at hobbysearch. It did say November release and hasegawa has been alright with their deadlines. 

The Queedlunn Rau came in yesterday. Or , to be more specific, i got charged yesterday for them, lol. Sitting in private warehouse, waiting for Max's VF-1S to join the party!

It looks like it's visor or  face. 

Edited by Bolt

11 hours ago, Bolt said:

It looks like it's visor or  face. 

That’s what I’m thinking. At least having the face totally separate will make it easier to paint. Looks like it’s on easy mode since you just need flesh and then paint the hair green and it has eye decals. And red for the lips

Edited by Big s

On 11/29/2023 at 11:15 PM, Big s said:

Was checking out the instructions and it looks like you can have either the face or the visor. Not sure if it’s visor over the face , it looks like either orIMG_2310.jpeg.45f351bdfec3ea3a4ef6723700369b00.jpegIMG_2311.jpeg.c0e62ec5bd4f6607db21ccce59fc05f8.jpeg

If the face/visor is not sandwiched by two parts, maybe you guys can customized it so you can able to swap it?

40 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

If the face/visor is not sandwiched by two parts, maybe you guys can customized it so you can able to swap it?

I’m sure swapping won’t be too big of an issue, but I just thought it might be cool to have a clear visor over the face. Even that isn’t necessarily impossible. I think the included visor might be too thick, but it might be possible to use it to mold a thinner clear one to place over it. Just gotta find a great clear purple to paint over it and it should be fine. 
for some reason clear purple doesn’t turn up as often. I remember trying to mix tamiya’s clear red and clear blue and I ended up with clear brown to a weird clear grey black from my results. I’m sure some other companies have a clear purple 

13 hours ago, Big s said:

I’m sure swapping won’t be too big of an issue, but I just thought it might be cool to have a clear visor over the face. Even that isn’t necessarily impossible. I think the included visor might be too thick, but it might be possible to use it to mold a thinner clear one to place over it. Just gotta find a great clear purple to paint over it and it should be fine. 
for some reason clear purple doesn’t turn up as often. I remember trying to mix tamiya’s clear red and clear blue and I ended up with clear brown to a weird clear grey black from my results. I’m sure some other companies have a clear purple 

Maybe you can use clear resin to put it on the top of the face? Also, Gaia Notes have Clear Purple (047). Maybe it’s best to use that one than mixing other clear paints together?

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Maybe you can use clear resin to put it on the top of the face? Also, Gaia Notes have Clear Purple (047). Maybe it’s best to use that one than mixing other clear paints together?

Mr color has one as well. It’s just the last time I was trying to make the color the only thing available in clear was tamiya