Very nice presentation and setup with your displays, Derex. I like that Falcon diorama. Also, where did you get the Nupetiet-Vergnitzs that's in your Macross display?

I got that from Scale Solutions website down in Australia. A nice guy named Wayne makes the kit. I'm not sure he still sells that kit though.

Hey guys!

So it's been a while since I updated my collection pics,

Thought I'd snap a few with my phone!

Over the past couple months my Transformer MP collection has grown & I've decided to devote 1 of my detolfs to it.

Now things are getting a little tight in my Macross heaven.

Looks like I will be looking for a 4th detolf very soon, but until then, things will have to remain a little snug! :)

post-15185-0-48848300-1383969840_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-56217900-1383969863_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-80314000-1383971606_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-77508100-1383971630_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-48109100-1383971646_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-11431500-1383971662_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-29180900-1383971677_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-80331900-1383971690_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-58459000-1383971707_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-39409400-1383971726_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-69796300-1383971749_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-87262300-1383971765_thumb.jpg

post-15185-0-67357400-1383971779_thumb.jpg

Small collection. Waiting on December preorders of Hik 1S and Isamu's 29. Also the YF-19 in April (seems so long).

Charaworks 1S came with 2 left boosters so it doesn't have any packs on. The 2 25s are the bandai model kits.

Currently only the 25s are displayed in detolfs, the 1s are all over the place with the super TV in its box still. Detolf is full of other stuff. Might rearrange or think of other display areas once preorders come in in December.

post-12002-0-18976900-1384079932_thumb.jpg

Edited by Falcon18

Nice. I like your Elint and Ostrich on a collision course :D

LOL!! I was going more for a mirror image effect!

Im REALLY running low on space and its getting really hard to find clever ways to display my collection without making it look like a macross locker room!! lol :p

I really dislike the clutter-effect, and i think more than 3 valks per floor is pushing it! ha ha

I have been glued to craigslist searching for a 4th Detolf because Im deffinately not spending the cash for a new one.... ^_^

I found one a couple of days ago for 30 bucks including lights, same color (black) and when I texted the lady, she said that she literally had just said goodbye to the person that bought it and had come to pick it up!!! arrgh!!!! lol

kind of sucks cause i have a couple more rare valks/TF MP's coming my way these next couple of days so Im gonna have to re-arrange my whole collection all over again! FML!

I know of one valk your getting that needs it's own damn shelf :D!

ha ha!! you know it!! I checked the tracking and i was sooo pumped this morning when i woke up, then i realized it was Veterans Day!! Fuuuuudge!!! lol

its all good, I got today and tomorrow off work so it will be like a little christmas tomorrow around noon!!

Thats why im going a lil' crazy with the space situation because I think the high-end-rare valks should deffinately have their own floor to give them justice and make them shine!!

Word, same thing happened, was expecting some goodies and.. Waaaat whaaa.

I got 5 Detolfs, right now only using 3! I guess I figured if I have to drive 2 hours to ikea I better

make it worth while!

I was just at ikea yesterday getting my new light system and thank goodness it's only like 35 min. away. I didn't even go by the detolf section cause for me, these baby's are convenient but a little pricey for my taste. I always see them on craigslist so it's just a matter of time until I scoop a 4th one. I scored my 3 detolfs on Craigslist for a whooping 90 dollars for all 3!!

What I think I'll end up doing is stacking my TF mp's detolf back with the other two, and just move my TF's to the bottom 3 floors and use the rest for all macross...

Hmmmm....... ?!?!!

Decisions,decisions..... :)

I've got 4. I currently have 7 open boxes, so almost 2 empty. Plenty of room for 2014 haha

Pictures my friend???

I say we should totally devote a special new thread to macross collections & detolfs!!!!

Strictly valks & glass!!!

As a rule of thumb for collectors a display cabinet should cost between 1-3 times the value of the collectibles stored inside (before tax). ;)

so... I wonder where i can get a 20k display cabinet at??? lol any ideas??? j.k.

thats a whole lot of valk funds right there!!! lol

^_^

Personally I don't like the IKEA style. Their stuff is usually way cheap and is designed well but after a while you notice the differences. the tolerances don't match, the way thinks are assembled, the quality of the construction, design solutions in general. The price difference has to be realized somewhere (besides the economy of scale).

So IKEA stuff looks great but every time I look at my stuff I bought from them I notice this things and know they cannot be unnoticed.

Of course I cannot live up to my own standards due to funding issues. :mellow:

So I'm stuck with a whole bunch of IKEA stuff and planning to buy more (I love the design of their Hemnes line). <_< Oh, I'm so weak minded.

Sometimes I get lucky to snag nice pieces for a good price from private sellers and shops that went out of business or redecorate their salesroom (that's where I got my current display cases). I feel that high-end collector toys should have a high end collector display piece. So what are a few hundred bucks when your collection exceeds this value many times. Oh well, someday I might have enough money to buy a nice cabinet and the YF-19 V4 that transforms on its own. ^_^

Regarding my own collection: I'm out of room...

...but I'm thinking of getting stuff out of storage and rearrange my collection. It's like a touring exhibition in my own private museum. :)

I think with Ikea furniture, the trick is knowing what to buy. I stick with things like shelves, bookcases, tables, desks, etc. Things like sofas, chairs, beds, dining room and kitchen stuff I buy elsewhere. I also find that it helps to know what you're doing when you're building. My first few builds were kinda rickety, but now that I know my way around Ikea furniture pretty well, I find that my builds are much more solid. Things like removing and re-screwing threaded parts into pre-drilled holes also reduces the strength of the joints. And you can always modify the furniture a bit to make it more solid -- things like drilling a couple extra holes to add screws. I also live by the rule of thumb that Ikea furniture is generally good for maybe 1-2 moves. After that, it's best to throw it out or sell it on Craigslist.

Anyway, to bring it back on topic, I still think the Detolf is the best cost-effective display solution for toy collections. When I was looking for display cabinets, I wanted something that was predominantly glass to make the display bright (bookcases are too dark and shadowed in my opinion). Most furniture stores I looked at had glass display cabinets that looked too much like dining room furniture. I didn't want something that looked like it would be used to display silverware and fine china, especially since it was going in my office which is pretty simple, understated furniture.