oh, the shelves are indeed bent from the weight of items it previously holds (was a wardrobe^^).

no worries, those boxes are empty cos all of them are out on the display.

I was going to mention the bending too. That could have been a disaster in the making.

Not much of a collection. I just started.

never too little to start with, and those 2 items are not considered little tho.^^

u must be a max-fan, just enjoy, u'll reach ur desired collection size soon enuff.

Yeah. I love destroids :D

so u like mechwarrior?

I wouldn't mind acquiring some Destroids for my collection, but I can't seem to find them for what I'd consider to be a decent price. I remember a couple of online web shops were trying to clean out their last Destroid stock right around when Yamato went under, and they were going for well under $100. Which if you ask me, is about the right price for them. Not that I don't like them, but if I'm going to spend over $100+ and I have a choice between a valk and Destroid, the valk is going to win.

I got all three of mine at around 110-120. I think even the weathered defender was less than 150.

It's not that I think $100+ is an absurd price for the Destroid toys... it's just that even though I like them, I like valks better, so if I have the money, I'd rather buy a valk. I'd be more inclined to pick one up over a valk if they were less expensive. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I inherently categorize the Destroids to be a toy that should be of lesser price because they don't transform. I'm guessing I'm probably not the only ones that feel that way, since they evidently did not sell all that well.

They don't transform.. but they have a better "thickness" to them than a valk, and a nice weight. Plus you have the swap out gimmick, lots of moving parts, and nice paint jobs.

Considering that you buy the same VF-1 over and over again, I think it's worth it to have at least one, but I see what you're saying.

Well, if they'd gone the made to order route, instead of mass producing a bunch.. it would probably have been more profitable.

I hope that Arcadia becomes so profitable they will revisit the line and do a Spartan.... Or maybe SOC will do one. Hope Hope! haha

Edited by Gakken85

Hi guys.... my first post here :) just got into macross again very recently after watching the frontiers movies ...so just building up my collection ..but my main collection consist of masterpeice transformers ...Looking at some of your collection on here and they look totally awesome! cheers

Hey Nice collection!!! you should watch the frontier series though, the movies kinda suck.

Hey Nice collection!!! you should watch the frontier series though, the movies kinda suck.

thanks man ...i finally got the series HD version and watching it now... it still very good and the detail in animation is amazing ...im enjoying it more now as i know the story already and appreciate the detail and scene heaps more

never too little to start with, and those 2 items are not considered little tho.^^

u must be a max-fan, just enjoy, u'll reach ur desired collection size soon enuff.

Thanks Andy. Yeah Max is my fave. Always hated Rick Hunter [i grew up on Robotech and then found Macross]

Haha I was scoping the street out like a hawk. Driving really slow.

I'm not a car guy, but the car I have holds value very well, and it's paid off. I just have a 06 Scion XA. Only got about 100k on it so far. Plan on putting another 100k on it. Gets like 36mpg too!

Handy as hell in a move :D

http://www.kbb.com/scion/xa/2006-scion-xa/

I think It's about 6500-7k in its condition.

Personally.. I think my toy collection was worth twice that or more. haha.

Also, I have renters insurance at my new place, but I need to itemize and video tape everything.

Edited by Gakken85

I just started collecting a few months ago, starting with the Frontier Valks and going to be getting the Arcadia Valks when they are released.

Its not quite a display just yet. I am redoing my shelves, so I just placed my collection on my coffee table and snapped a quick pic. :)

post-23462-0-10827300-1382743395_thumb.jpg

The flightpose stands can hold 1/48 no problem. I even had mine posed quite dynamically.

Deadeye, great pose on the 1S and your display is so simple and clean.

Saburo, that's a great start to a collection. I want quite a few of those valks.

Edited by Benson13