LOL! I think we all do! :D

Anyways here is another attempt at a hanging / flying Valkyrie! This time my VE-1 Elint Seeker. Was much trickier than I first thought it'd be! Took a few goes to get the height where I wanted it to sit.. but pretty happy with the end result! Rapidly running out of fishing line too! Im hooked! get it!? hooked.. fishing reference.. never mind.. :p

Nice!! I'm looking at other means to hang then, I have a few clear gundam stands, going to see if I can incorporate some how. Hmm maybe I'll build a mockup of the cabinet to test on. Rather my Valk fall a few inch vs feet, lol

post-26268-0-33675600-1405341744.jpg

post-26268-0-82938900-1405341751_thumb.jpg

Seeing cool8or's new work area inspired me to dig out all my stuff.

My collection is only model kits.

The completed:

post-12411-0-72547400-1405404224_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-40534500-1405404230_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-81470400-1405404235_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-08541300-1405404241_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-24414400-1405404247_thumb.jpg

The incompleted:

post-12411-0-71526200-1405404255_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-96620100-1405404262_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-10718500-1405404271_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-92674600-1405404277_thumb.jpg

Nice!! I'm looking at other means to hang then, I have a few clear gundam stands, going to see if I can incorporate some how. Hmm maybe I'll build a mockup of the cabinet to test on. Rather my Valk fall a few inch vs feet, lol

That is a good idea! I did look at making or buying some hooks to tie the fishing line to but didn't want the hooks to be visible.. the line on its own is working ok so far! not really worried about it breaking as the pack says its rated to something like 20 pounds?

Maybe if the knots unwind but im pretty sure I have done them up quite well!

Sexual.

very!

My order of LED lights arrived today. In the end I went with a DIY solution to keep the cost down, and make my own connections. I have two spools of white: one is 3100K and the other is 4000K. Here's a picture of the 4000K set from amazon:

51nOPadvsEL._SY355_.jpg

I'll be testing both beforehand to see which color temperature works best in the room that's been set aside. My detolfs have been scattered about unfinished while I've been waiting to wire them, so I'm pretty excited to start moving this project forward again.

My order of LED lights arrived today. In the end I went with a DIY solution to keep the cost down, and make my own connections. I have two spools of white: one is 3100K and the other is 4000K. Here's a picture of the 4000K set from amazon:

51nOPadvsEL._SY355_.jpg

I'll be testing both beforehand to see which color temperature works best in the room that's been set aside. My detolfs have been scattered about unfinished while I've been waiting to wire them, so I'm pretty excited to start moving this project forward again.

Silly question but is there any risk of the led lights yellowing or dulling the whites of the Valks?

Silly question but is there any risk of the led lights yellowing or dulling the whites of the Valks?

Spanner: I had to look up an answer to that question. ;)

"Unless you’re lighting your home, office, or factory with tanning-bed lamps, the main concern with certain lighting types—including CFLs and high-intensity discharge (HID) lamps—is that they emit enough UV to damage artwork and fabrics over time. High quality LEDs—thanks to their low UV emissions—are now the lighting type of choice for museums striving to protect treasured artifacts and maintain their original colors and patina. In commercial and residential applications, LEDs save carpets, window coverings, and painted surfaces from the degrading effects of UV radiation."

The full text is through the link below:

http://www.leapfroglighting.com/lighting_and_uv_radiation/

And here is a thread at tfw2005:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/743940-need-advice-re-display-lighting.html

What I take away from this is that LEDs emit the least amount of UV light and are the best lights for displays. I'm still brainstorming a good way to diffuse the light or hide the strips on each shelf, though. Also, I have a dimmer/switch that I'll be using with the lights, so they won't be on 24/7.

Edited by technoblue

Spanner: I had to look up an answer to that question. ;)

"Unless youre lighting your home, office, or factory with tanning-bed lamps, the main concern with certain lighting typesincluding CFLs and high-intensity discharge (HID) lampsis that they emit enough UV to damage artwork and fabrics over time. High quality LEDsthanks to their low UV emissionsare now the lighting type of choice for museums striving to protect treasured artifacts and maintain their original colors and patina. In commercial and residential applications, LEDs save carpets, window coverings, and painted surfaces from the degrading effects of UV radiation."

The full text is through the link below:

http://www.leapfroglighting.com/lighting_and_uv_radiation/

And here is a thread at tfw2005:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/743940-need-advice-re-display-lighting.html

What I take away from this is that LEDs emit the least amount of UV light and are the best lights for displays. I'm still brainstorming a good way to diffuse the light or hide the strips on each shelf, though. Also, I have a dimmer/switch that I'll be using with the lights, so they won't be on 24/7.

Thanks for the info, I just wasnt sure about.. didn't want to take any risks with it considering the costs of the Valks.. They are my babies and I'd hate to see them get hurt! :p

Edited by spanner76

51nOPadvsEL._SY355_.jpg

Looking good, can't wait to see it all come together.

Here ya go!

There's also my non-Macross builds there, too.

Dude they are amazing. Fantastic detailing, really impressive.

Love the Airwolf interior, not sure about the outside though. The mold looks a bit off.

You are officially too talented lol.

It's been a couple of days so here's another pic of my cabinets. :-)

14477236920_e036fd2421_b.jpg

image by Nerdery101, on Flickr

There is a sneaky new addition. Poor old Ozma has been forced to share a shelf for now.

nice display! I'd love to get me a ED-209!

One thing I've noticed though is there aren't so many VF-4's being shown on display.. the odd one here n there and that's about it.. is it just me or has anyone else noticed that!?

As much as I do absolutely love my VF-4G, I'll admit for a while there I did feel like it was a kinda oddball Valkyrie which really didn't fit in with any of my other Valkyrie on display but I certainly couldn't imagine not having it!

Edited by spanner76

One thing I've noticed though is there aren't so many VF-4's being shown on display.. the odd one here n there and that's about it.. is it just me or has anyone else noticed that!?

As much as I do absolutely love my VF-4G, I'll admit for a while there I did feel like it was a kinda oddball Valkyrie which really didn't fit in with any of my other Valkyrie on display but I certainly couldn't imagine not having it!

I think that's due more to people not having it rather than not wanting to put it on display.

I think that's due more to people not having it rather than not wanting to put it on display.

hmmm yeah good point. They are on the rather pricey end of the Valkyrie scale.. Im glad I got mine when I did and not pay the ridiculous prices they want for em now!

Indeed. I've got one on order but it won't be with me until later in the year :-(

(Not that I've got anywhere to put it!)

they are an exceptionally beautiful thing! especially in fighter mode! im sure you will just adore it when it arrives! B))

Edited by spanner76

Ask and ye shall receive...

I re-arranged my Macross cabinet once I moved out all the Mospeada stuff..so now everything has room to be separated by show..mostly... ;)

post-11393-0-37397900-1405518643_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-67233800-1405518649_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-30404600-1405518652_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-68116200-1405518655_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-05412900-1405518665_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-94969900-1405518684_thumb.jpg

Looking good, can't wait to see it all come together.

Thank you! I've been getting a lot of inspiration from this thread.

It's been a couple of days so here's another pic of my cabinets. :-)

<snip>

The more I see of the mass production VF-25A, the more tempting it is. It looks sweet in your display next to Ozma, Old Man.

Thank you! I've been getting a lot of inspiration from this thread.

The more I see of the mass production VF-25A, the more tempting it is. It looks sweet in your display next to Ozma, Old Man.

Thanks again :)

I got the 25A as I wanted one 25 in super parts. It looks great and didn't cost that much as they are/were still at retail prices.

I re-arranged my Macross cabinet once I moved out all the Mospeada stuff..so now everything has room to be separated by show..mostly... ;)

That is one well stocked cabinet of awesomeness.

So if you moved out the Mospeada stuff, were you planning on selling/trading it out?? :blink::ph34r:

Lovely! And the VF-4 has the front row seat!! Thats a great looking cabinet! has it got a mirrored backing?

Great collection! That VF-4 looks better and better everytime I see a pic of one. I don't think I'll ever get to own one, but I would love to photograph one. :)

What I have so far.

That's an awesome start and I see that it was your first post, welcome to MW! :D

Thanks guys! Hazray13 -- The Mospeada Collection know has it's own cabinet...LOL. It's not going anywhere. :wub: And yes Spanner76, the back is mirrored which is awesome. B))

LOL, we're all like sharks smelling blood in the water when someone mentions something leaving, lol. Can't wait to see what you've done with it.