Awesome display Gakken85. I need some Flightpose stands.

Thanks, same to you.

Yeah they are great. I need another pack of 3 for sure.

Edited by Gakken85

Looking good, derex3592. I was thinking that the Klingsbo would be a nice single display in one of my other rooms. May I ask, what display case is that next to the Klingsbo? It looks good too.

Also, for those of you who use lighting, what are some good alternatives to the Ikea LED kits? I noticed that Gakken was using an LED light bar in his display. How well do those bars light up a display case? And would anyone recommend LED strips on a roll, like these:

http://www.amazon.com/HitLights-Weatherproof-Changing-Plug-Play-Including/dp/B006L8UAZU/ref=sr_1_19?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1404696282&sr=1-19

I started putting together my two Detolfs this weekend and then stopped before putting the glass up since I want to get the lighting squared away first.

Edited by technoblue

The big curio is a Pulaski airtight cabinet. It is gorgeous. I got it 4 years ago when I moved into my new home. I believe it is discontinued now. I couldn't find it the other day when I looked at the website I got it from. That's a shame!

Edited by derex3592

I used these cabinet lights from Lowes. Easy to install, and they do multiple colors. Warm light, cool light, reds, and greens. They also fade in and out.

You just use the sticky for the holder "arms" and slide the tube in.

You can also rotate them once they are in the holder "arms"

http://www.lowes.com/pd_696-24994-HTP904E_4294615498%2B4294690587__?productId=3316942&Ns

They are on amazon.

One box will let you put a light at the top and bottom of two detolfs.

http://www.amazon.com/CYRON-Multicolor-LED-System-HTP904E/dp/B004Q088Q8

Edited by Gakken85

The only downside with the ikea led strips is hiding the cables.

You get four strips in the box and you can either run them in line - which reduces the amount of cable but limits what you can do with them, or run a cable for each strip as I did.

I've seen some collections here where people have run them in line and had all four strips at the top, one per side.

This will make things look great at the top, but then everything get darker as you move down the cabinet.

Obviously the shelves are glass, and how bad this is depends on how crowded your shelves are.

What I may have done in hindsight is either swap the top and the bottom Detolf wooden ends around, or make a hole in the base so all the cables exit the bottom rather than out the top.

For what it cost, the ikea kit is good value. You get everything you need inc sticky pads to fix the strips, plus you can pay a bit extra and have the version that changes colour etc. (I didn't).

This is the one I got http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00119419/

My Isamu Dyson VF-29 arrived today and I must say I'm extremely impressed! To be honest I was going to skip buying any of the YF-29 variants as they came across as a bit of a mash up of the original VF-25 design but now having one in the flesh they do look fantastic! Just not sure if I'll get any of the others though..

Made the 3 hr round trip to Ikea today for a Klingsbo and a Deltof. Here's the Klingsbo. Along with a fully windexed and rearranged Macross cabinet. 8 hrs later.....LOL. I'm beat! Sorry...sideways pics. Stupid iPad.

Ahh awesome!! You got the Klingsbo!! Setup looks great dude! I see you covered the top glass section. That will stop some dust falling through.. I'm going to get some perspects sheets cut to size so it fits edge to edge.

Some led lighting is next too!

post-21335-0-00246800-1404716112_thumb.jpg

Not sure if this has been posted, but found some LED puck lights that a macross collector (not sure if he's a member here) used for his display. Comes with a remote for on/off/dimmer functions and are battery operated, hence no cables & easy to install :

Theyre called "Lightmates" at my local Sam's club & Amazon, but they are also available with different brand names at other places (forgot where, been a while since I searched them :p)

Some guys are also selling them for $5 on ebay and the remote is $7. Pretty cheap alternative compared to ikea's (well, minus the batteries) Edited by aaajin

Following my earlier post I decided to reroute my light cabling through the bottom of the cabinets.

I had to drill a hole and ensure that it wasn't above the foot in each corner of the base.

Then I finished it off with a spare bit of trunking I had which disguises the hole.

post-29332-0-10534300-1404732828_thumb.jpg

post-29332-0-99343900-1404732846_thumb.jpg

Very pleased with results. No more unsightly cables hanging around behind the cabinets.

Edited by The Old Man

What a great room, Old Man! :D Those cables were looking mighty clean to start, but now they look immaculate. The LEDs look to be a warm white color in the photos, are you satisfied with the light and shadow detail. That is, do the colors look okay during the day and at night when the lights are on?

Now I have a conundrum: Do I get RGB LEDs so that I can use mood lighting or do I get nice white LEDs? Hm. Maybe I should keep it simple for my first two display cabinets. Heh.

Thanks very much.

I quite like the warm light, I'll take some pictures of it later in the dark to show the difference.

I like the neutral colour, anything else is a bit in your face when looking at the room on the whole.

I did see the colour changing ones but went cheap lol.

Question. I redid my "Low Viz" Shelf.

Which of the 1/60's should I put in Batroid? Or should I leave them in super sweet low viz squadron mode?

I'm leaning toward the Roy Low Viz.

kZnsIqG.jpg

Edited by Gakken85