Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

nel2012

Well this looks interesting. I still would have preferred an Attack on Titan season 2 date announcement, but this will could be interesting for now. The Mikimoto designs and Sawano music has me almost sold. I just hope it isn't an attack on titan clone and it does something different.

• 3 months later...

So Kabaneri is coming out very soon and the trailer looks pretty exciting.

What's pretty interesting is that it has been licensed worldwide by none other than Amazon who is going to stream it through their Prime service at the same time as Japan. It seems Amazon is serious about it too, since they payed a huge license fee for Kabaneri and made a deal too for all the Noitamina shows with Fuji TV.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-03-18/.99932

Crunchyroll and Funimation are going to have a hard time getting the stuff they want.

Looks like everyone wants a piece of the anime pie now. :D I hope this show doesn't end up being another "guilty crown" or "aldonoah zero". This show has a good staff and some amazingly talented people working on it so I hope for something great. Plus Aimer and Egoist for one show and Sawano Hiroyuki doing the OST jesus. :o

Looks like everyone wants a piece of the anime pie now. :D

What worries me a bit with this anime boom (Amazon, Netflix plus Crunchyroll, Daisuki, Viewster, Hulu, Funimation etc) that inevitably there comes a bust on the other side. I don't think there's THAT much money to be made with anime. It's still a pretty niche product, with only the very big hits offering the kind of value the networks expect (crossover value).

What worries me a bit with this anime boom (Amazon, Netflix plus Crunchyroll, Daisuki, Viewster, Hulu, Funimation etc) that inevitably there comes a bust on the other side. I don't think there's THAT much money to be made with anime. It's still a pretty niche product, with only the very big hits offering the kind of value the networks expect (crossover value).

On the other hand if it's successful maybe we can see more funding being put into shows to produce some better quality products. Funimation has started to be apart of the production committee on Dimension W and that show looks great......story wise eh not so much. lol :lol:

The bubble bursting may or may not happen we will just have to wait and see. Of course we must vote with our dollars!

• 4 weeks later...

So those who've seen it: Thoughts? I heard a podcast talking about it a little bit and the impression was overall positive. "Like AoT, but better" was the briefest summation I could find. I enjoyed AoT well enough up 'til episode 13 or so, when they spent ten episodes talking beneath a giant rack of ribs. So I'm middling chuffed on this and need some good word of mouth to reach full chuff.

Such an anime anime, for both the better and the worse. I was thinking of how best to sum it up, and the closest I can get is "Let's fight Attack on Titan with Really Japanese Engineering." Because this is a Really Japanese anime. Like, Steamgun Samurai vs Ninja on a Post-WWII Industrial Bakufu-era Shinkansen levels of Japanese.

I'm digging it so far. Let's hope this train ride doesn't disappoint.

• 2 weeks later...

Four-word synopsis: steampunk samurai zombie superheroes.

The show has serious problems from a storytelling perspective, but it looks cool enough that I don't care.

This sums up most of my thoughts on this show, but they can't fight zombies on the train forever. I need some story developments and intrigue to keep going.

Edited by SuperHobo

I still don't understand Ikoma's whole look.

At first, he was pulling out the coal from the fire, I was "Okay, cauterize the wound, good idea."

And then he grabs the rivet gun and starts nailing crap to his chest and I'm just "wait, what?"

By the time he wrapped the belt around his neck and yanked the throttle on his autostrangulation machine I'd already given up on making sense of his plan.

Now how come some people turn in minutes and others take three friggin' days?