DX Chogokin VF-27ß Lucifer Mass Production and Grace Custom

IXTL

Found a box waiting on my porch.

This is the contents of the foam packaging (I swapped the canopies) plus the decal stickers:

post-7577-0-59460900-1440903085_thumb.jpg

Bonus shot (adapter and booster from V1):

post-7577-0-23810000-1440904173_thumb.jpg

The green painting is way better than the first one. It's pretty uniform even though it doesn't look like it from the pic. As mentioned in the previous page, the turbines behind the intake covers are lame as when you remove the cover there is nothing behind it. Will post some comparison shots later.

Edited by wmkjr

Holy crap, my 27 just showed up! From Osaka to Virginia in 2 days! EMS is no joke this week!

Huh. Plain brown Tamashii shipper box AND a full color inner box. Nice.

wow that was fast! Mine did already land in Sydney but nothing moves at all here in Australia over the weekends.. -_- I was going to say something rude and or possibly offensive but I'll hold my tongue.. <_<

There she is... my pretty girl.

Also included is a sticker sheet for different modex numbers. Unfortunately, your only choices are 102 and 302.

I can confirm the clear green canopy is included. Also, the horned head is attached out of the box, the normal head is in a Baggie. Head lasers are hard plastic, no rubber ones are included.

Perfect paint on mine! A little disappointed there's no turbine detail. But loving her anyway!

EDIT: My prayers were answered! She comes with two pilots; one generic one in a Baggie, and one installed in the cockpit! Aaaand... it's Grace!

I think the complete opposite of this actually! The visible turbine blades are my pet hate with the greater majority of Valkyrie's.. ok so they may be visible in the anime (or line art) but put simply they look downright silly and do not reflect correctly against real world fighter jets. I absolutely love that the turbine blades are absent on the VF-27! For this reason among others is why its (probably) my favorite Frontier Valkyrie! They look the bollocks! B))

some closeup shots from 2chan

different pilots

attachicon.gif1440837171874.jpg

different heads

attachicon.gif1440837941722.jpg

standing next to Ver 1

1440838085149.jpg

full armor compatible

attachicon.gif1440838181980.jpg

attachicon.gif1440838366658.jpg

the difference in the stance in Battroid to me is chalk and cheese! The v1 looks awkward like it just crapped its pants.. Sometimes I think the v1.5 status commonly given the the VF-27 renewals is a little unjust.. comparing my Brera v1.5 to my sons v1 the renewal looks and feels miles better! is more like a v1.99 :p:D

Edited by spanner76

I also prefer the way the turbine intakes where handled on the VF-27. On a real fighter-jet they are way more recessed than it would be possible on a Valkyrie model where the hip joint is right behind the front of the intake.

It is tolerable on the Arcadias/Yamatos offerings and the latest Bandai Valkyries since the fans are painted but on the majority of the Renewal Valkyries it looks terrible. So terrible that I have the intake covers on all the time (also to keep track of them).

I'm just used to Valkyries having the detail because most of them have pre-compressors right inside the intakes, and that's the fan you see. The 27's engines might do it another way.

Nice to hear the old fold booster fits. Now Bandai needs to reissue that and some repainted super parts in a single Web Store Exclusive. Just wait...

There's No3ljm's Ube/Avocado ice cream valk...

hmm ube... i miss that purple gooey goodness so much... the closest i've been able to get here is taro (all the bubble tea places have them), which doesn't really come close...

i do like the avocados here (from mexico) better, even though they're way smaller, since they usually don't have a lot of the bitter roots

this may be weird of me but, i kinda like the v1 grace better... the lighter gray 'toes' and thrusters turn me off

hmm ube... i miss that purple gooey goodness so much... the closest i've been able to get here is taro (all the bubble tea places have them), which doesn't really come close...

i do like the avocados here (from mexico) better, even though they're way smaller, since they usually don't have a lot of the bitter roots

this may be weird of me but, i kinda like the v1 grace better... the lighter gray 'toes' and thrusters turn me off

Doesn't the v1 grace have the lighter grey thrusters/toes ? The newer one is darker.

Wait what!? I'm confused.. its the v1 Grace that has the lighter gray toes or did you mean you prefer the lighter gray toes but the thrusters turn you off? And by thrusters did you mean the super parts? Because they aren't included on the new version.. so yeah maybe i misunderstood your original comment..

Hehe! Its funny how much momentum this side topic still has! And the desire to try the stuff is driving me nuts! ;)

lol! sorry, i was just a tad homesick i guess. hope you can get your hands on the real thing soon! a filipino/asian grocery may have some in powder form... personally, i wouldn't recommend it, especially for your first taste of ube. that singular experience, imho, should be reserved for a boiled whole, skin-on, specimen of the root crop (looks kinda like a purple yam) with a healthy slathering of butter...

Doesn't the v1 grace have the lighter grey thrusters/toes ? The newer one is darker.

Wait what!? I'm confused.. its the v1 Grace that has the lighter gray toes or did you mean you prefer the lighter gray toes but the thrusters turn you off? And by thrusters did you mean the super parts? Because they aren't included on the new version.. so yeah maybe i misunderstood your original comment..

hahaha wari wari! i got myself confusticated, and i'm redacting that statement! the darker thrusters make the new version worth the duplication, then! this is what happens when you don't take the toys out of the box XD

(1) lol! sorry, i was just a tad homesick i guess. hope you can get your hands on the real thing soon! a filipino/asian grocery may have some in powder form... personally, i wouldn't recommend it, especially for your first taste of ube. that singular experience, imho, should be reserved for a boiled whole, skin-on, specimen of the root crop (looks kinda like a purple yam) with a healthy slathering of butter...

(2) hahaha wari wari! i got myself confusticated, and i'm redacting that statement! the darker thrusters make the new version worth the duplication, then! this is what happens when you don't take the toys out of the box XD

1. haha! hey that's cool! I'll be going on the hunt over this coming weekend with my son for some Ube! I have a few places on my hit list so hopefully we get some success! If all fails we'll just settle for Gelato..

2. No worries! I thought that was the case.. Besides I get myself confusticated over much simpler things anyways! hehe! And yes the new Grace looks mint over the original! hope mine arrives today! Just waiting on a tracking update..

For those that own both: the main "pale" striping/marking color. Is it different on the new one? V1 used the same very pale lavender as Brera's, which almost looked grey, but was in fact purple. The Hase kit used actual grey for the stripes and I believe it should be that way.

In short---Bandai used the exact same tampo printing color for Grace's, as Brera's, and that's wrong I think. On the V1, at least.

I just couldn't wait to get home so I snuck away an hour early! She definitely is a lovely thing! Without re-watching Frontier for a closer inspection of detail and color inaccuracies she still looks perfectly fine to me!

I've wanted a Grace 27 for such a long while now and just couldn't bring myself to accept the short comings of the v1 and buy one.. but this new v1.5+ is a pretty sweet thing indeed!

The coloring looks perfectly even and consistent throughout and everything appears to line up and fit together properly. Or as good as the Brera variant does anyways..

I swapped out the canopy in favor for the clear and the pre fitted pilot even has boobs which I take it is Grace already geared up and ready to go! I haven't stuck on any of the stickers as yet which I might have a go at in due time.

There really isn't much more to be said seeing that its pretty much a Brera in different colors so everyone who owns a v1.5 knows what they are about. Box art is good too. Here are some photos..

20150831_163320.jpg

20150831_163353.jpg

20150831_163912.jpg

20150831_163927.jpg

20150831_163949.jpg

20150831_164109.jpg

20150831_164139.jpg

20150831_164420.jpg

20150831_164427.jpg

Edited by spanner76

For those that own both: the main "pale" striping/marking color. Is it different on the new one? V1 used the same very pale lavender as Brera's, which almost looked grey, but was in fact purple. The Hase kit used actual grey for the stripes and I believe it should be that way.

In short---Bandai used the exact same tampo printing color for Grace's, as Brera's, and that's wrong I think. On the V1, at least.

I took some pics of both of them together. Maybe it'll help answer your question...or not.

20838966028_a0b230110a_c.jpg

21026876145_5a7ae318e8_c.jpg

Nice pics Spanner! Love that UN and 0D sticker on the laptop!

Edited by wmkjr

Great pics spanner! The green looks excellent. Wasn't planning to pick this up, but my Brera 27 could certainly use a wingman...

Indeed its certainly worth the consideration! And im sure your Brera 27 would love the company! :lol:

I took some pics of both of them together. Maybe it'll help answer your question...or not.

20838966028_a0b230110a_c.jpg

21026876145_5a7ae318e8_c.jpg

Nice pics Spanner! Love that UN and 0D sticker on the laptop!

Thanks for that! yeah I thought my laptop could do with a little spruce up! :D

Great side by side comparo pics too! The original version almost look unfinished as if they rushed it into production and hoped no one would notice! :rolleyes:

Alright, a few more pics!

Gerwalk mode is very fiddly. The hips don't want to stay attached to the intakes, so gravity wants to keep detaching them. The underfuselage bit that holds the hip bar also doesn't seem to have a positive attachment. On the plus side, ankles are tight and they extend down from the legs with authority. Getting this thing into an A-stance is tricky. There's probably a swivel I missed somewhere.post-324-0-43181100-1441030257_thumb.jpgpost-324-0-67938500-1441030269_thumb.jpgpost-324-0-66606600-1441030288_thumb.jpgpost-324-0-78954900-1441030310_thumb.jpgpost-324-0-73185900-1441030332_thumb.jpgpost-324-0-03267000-1441030346_thumb.jpg

The last pic: it's Miller Time!