DX Chogokin VF-27ß Lucifer Mass Production and Grace Custom

IXTL

• 1 year later...

Yup.  Kinda glad I never switched from original to (semi)renewal---they never did end up making super parts for it. (Sure, not on-screen canon, but when has that ever stopped someone from releasing valk accessory packs?)

I'm still kinda torn----the renewal is physically better in some ways, slightly worse in others.  Colors---stripes and feet etc are clearly better (grey vs lavender) but the main color is just so, so very wrong.  Bright Xmas green compared to olive drab---heck, even the original may be too green, they're nearly brown at times in the show.  

If I ever find a broken one, I may swap some parts...

For what it's worth, you're not missing much with the super parts.  The 27 itself is slightly improved, but they fell back to the old-fashioned DX version 1 quarter-assed implementation of the packs.  No solid mounting position for the legs (I think you literally have to drop the thighs half of a ratcheted increment to sit them correctly), no locking mechanism to keep things in place.  You just attach things, and then bludgeon the valk back into fighter mode, hoping everything sticks together.

Eh? I feel that my Valkyrie is being impugned! On my Renewal Grace, the Super Parts attach positively and nothing’s loose. Legs are down a standard click. It’s very nice to look at, BUT the parts don’t do anything. No real detail, no opening anything, no gimmicks. They’re just there. 

F5108B8D-8200-4544-B2A6-B6F7AEFAC337.jpeg

4A1C4A0A-6CE6-4F16-95B3-80DF414A0878.jpeg

47E49255-BA6D-498E-A453-6AB4B6FCBC84.jpeg

5CCE12FB-47B8-453D-98CB-18AFDFE3EE3A.jpeg

18A0D7CF-8A05-4174-9705-B56D9BB58142.jpeg

7 hours ago, Sildani said:

Eh? I feel that my Valkyrie is being impugned! On my Renewal Grace, the Super Parts attach positively and nothing’s loose. Legs are down a standard click. It’s very nice to look at, BUT the parts don’t do anything. No real detail, no opening anything, no gimmicks. They’re just there.

I like my Brera with supers as well. I used to prefer it without them, but they've grown on me a lot. The leg packs stay on great, the arms fall off if I look at it wrong. I don't want to touch it for fear of dislodging something, but I think it's one click down on the GERWALK joint, but the knee is between clicks.

6 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Is this someone’s custom or is it from an off shoot story or game?

Macross 30 game. Mei Long's VF-27. Also waiting for Brera's ghosts.

Edited by wmkjr

On 11/5/2018 at 3:57 PM, Chronocidal said:

For what it's worth, you're not missing much with the super parts.  The 27 itself is slightly improved, but they fell back to the old-fashioned DX version 1 quarter-assed implementation of the packs.  No solid mounting position for the legs (I think you literally have to drop the thighs half of a ratcheted increment to sit them correctly), no locking mechanism to keep things in place.  You just attach things, and then bludgeon the valk back into fighter mode, hoping everything sticks together.

Yea I just kept the fold booster on, I took off all the FAST packs. I got annoyed with the armor after it fell off constantly when transforming and posing.