DX Chogokin VF-27ß Lucifer Mass Production and Grace Custom

IXTL

Mine should be here today, but there's no way I'm going to be able to get it from the horrible USPS office until possibly tomorrow morning. I despise have to deal with the trolls that work there. <_<

Sounds like your USPS office is as bad as my local Australia Post office.. <_<

Looks like mine will be delivered tomorrow and the 0A caught up to the 27. They are both out of customs. :)

Thanks guys! BTW, the head is a bitch to pull off. Also, my copy's wings sag a bit in gerwalk mode. Really don't want to use super glue to tighten it up. Any other suggestions?

Clear nail polish or Future floor polish.

Alright, a few more pics!

Gerwalk mode is very fiddly. The hips don't want to stay attached to the intakes, so gravity wants to keep detaching them. The underfuselage bit that holds the hip bar also doesn't seem to have a positive attachment. On the plus side, ankles are tight and they extend down from the legs with authority. Getting this thing into an A-stance is tricky. There's probably a swivel I missed somewhere.attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

The last pic: it's Miller Time!

Sildani, I noticed this on my Alto VF-25F actually. The nifty little gerwalk stabiliser bar thingo makes this about a thousand times worse. It pushes against the back half of the fuselage, which in turn pushes that whole mechanism down, dislodging the intakes. Or in the VF-27, the legs.

Not using the brace/bar thing will likely help lots. The downside is that you don't get the wings and all the back stuff very sturdy.

Nice pics spanner76!

Thanks mate! Im wanting to change Brera's pose as I think the gun looks a little odd being so long especially whilst in that position..

Might have to dig up the original VF-27y thread and look for some inspirational photos!

Looks like mine will be delivered tomorrow and the 0A caught up to the 27. They are both out of customs. :)

Clear nail polish or Future floor polish.

Then you might get them at the same time! Double bonus!

Got mine today. The left wing is has no resistance at all and just flops about. The stickers just don't match the tampo so I think I'm just going to leave them off.

The other day when I transformed my Brera for the first time to Battroid I found one wing was a little loose and floppy but not bad enough to cause a real issue. I never remember it being like that when I got it and I only ever took it out of the box and placed it on display in fighter so does that then mean they just go floppy over time anyways!? Bizarre.. :huh: or just Bandai.. :rolleyes: Thankfully my Grace is fine! ^_^

After 15 minutes of ringing the bell and banging on the "Quick Service Door" at the post office this morning, a lady FINALLY opened up the door and got me my 27 Grace! Got a date tonight, but can't wait to get home and play with Grace! ohh wait... :ph34r::wub:

LOL! talk about service eh.. so how much longer would you have kept ringing and bashing on the door!?!? 20, 30, 45, an hour!? IM NOT LEAVING TILL I GET MY GRACE!! :o:lol:

Hmm, I see they left the holes on top for the Super pack attachment. I wonder if they'll release one. Personally, I hope not because I plan to leave this displayed bare. But if they release a super pack, my completionist syndrome will make me get it, then probably display it with the super packs because otherwise it'll feel like I wasted my money if I don't use it.

But what I do hope they release instead is the fold booster as I don't have one. Bundle it up with 3 of Brera's Ghosts and I'll be golden.

I was actually about to just hold the buzzer down like a real ass and wait and see if they would come and then bitch them out when they did....thankfully someone came.

I've had to do that before. One time I was there, I range the bell and waited like 10 minutes and no one came. I rang the bell again, waited, no one came. Got annoyed so I just started ringing the bell nonstop till someone finally came to the door.

Dude started giving me an attitude and was like "Why you doing that for? What good is that doing?" and I'm like "Well it got you to answer the door."

Grats on the lovely new bird. Can't wait till mine arrives.

I've had to do that before. One time I was there, I range the bell and waited like 10 minutes and no one came. I rang the bell again, waited, no one came. Got annoyed so I just started ringing the bell nonstop till someone finally came to the door.

Dude started giving me an attitude and was like "Why you doing that for? What good is that doing?" and I'm like "Well it got you to answer the door."

hehehe! that's awesome! Especially your response! :lol:

LOVE your attitude! Good one.

So I've been fiddling with it, and I've gotten it into a more solid Gerwalk. The upper legs have tabs that can slot into the intakes, but it's not tight at all. I also discovered I didn't miss a joint or swivel in the legs; due to their design with many spiky bits and their construction, it's really tough to get a good a-stance. Still, I'm pretty happy with what I achieved. I pushed the wing engines away from true and drooped the outer wings to get an anhedral, and that's the 27's "bird of prey" mode I suppose. The hinges connecting the wings to the fuselage are too loose, and the wings too heavy, to try for an SV-51 look without modification.

post-324-0-47488500-1441202440_thumb.jpg

post-324-0-87518700-1441202452_thumb.jpg

post-324-0-08839400-1441202462_thumb.jpg

Which leads me to my biggest beef: dat gunpod. It's huge, pretty heavy, and unstable. Options to hold the gun in the hands are severely limited. Fortunately, you can still clip it into place with the front clip, as you do in fighter mode.

Overall, I'm totally pleased with this. You can really see the evolution of Bandai's engineering of Valkyries, and this truly earns its "V1.5" appellation. It's not as tight or well thought out as a true Renewal, but you can easily see where care was taken to insure most everything fit into place somewhere, and wasn't so flimsy you were terrified to transform it.

Looking forward to the Super Part/Fold booster combo pack for 10K! 😉

Hey Sildani, I'm a little surprised to see the wings droop that much in gerwalk mode. I've never had that issue on my Brera's (both old and new versions).

No, that was intentional. I wanted to see how much anhedral i could get. It stays perfectly straight.