Wave 2 should've included Psylocke and or Magik as the last versions were SDCC exclusives and they have since redone the female bucks. Also love to see Siyrn, Dani Moonstar, AHAB, Bastion, Rachel Summers as Dark Phoenix, Sebastian Shaw, Professor X with Hover chair.

I'll be cherry picking the figures.

Magik is on the new small-girl mold... and that's why it sucks. That Jubilee mold is terrible all around, and a lot of really cool female Spider-Ladies have suffered because of it.

Just rewatched dofp rogue cut. It's better story wise. Apocalypse, is more "fun" i guess, but to be honest, would like to see an extended cut for more character interaction.

I know Apocalypse is already a long film, but I wouldn't mind an extended DVD/Blu-Ray edition (ala the Lord of the Rings films).

Seems like there was a lot of extra story bits that got edited out of the final film version for pacing and run-time purposes.

Bit of both, I'd say. Certainly the movies have tended to veer more towards LGBTQ-specific issues than general civil rights ones. ("Have you tried NOT being a mutant?") Bryan Singer and Ian McKellen are both gay, which likely played a part in that trajectory.

The movies certainly have been a bit more focused on LGBTQ issues, I'll admit. The original source material was more general in terms of civil rights. Its message of tolerance and acceptance was more broad than the movies have been. I wouldn't be surprised if Bryan Singer and Ian McKellan had used the movies as a vehicle for that message, but I'd rather prefer that it was coincidence. I'd hate for a movie (though comic books and science fiction have long been vehicles for cultural criticism) that should be able to be enjoyed by everyone, to be hijacked by a political agenda. I hate it when people do that.

But then, I'm someone who tries to follow Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's words, "Judge not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." I have friends of many different skin tones, and sexual orientations. I have friends with differing ideas and opinions. And if Mutants existed, I'd probably have friends who were that too. I'd even likely have friends who were all three.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bryan Singer and Ian McKellan had used the movies as a vehicle for that message, but I'd rather prefer that it was coincidence. I'd hate for a movie (though comic books and science fiction have long been vehicles for cultural criticism) that should be able to be enjoyed by everyone, to be hijacked by a political agenda. I hate it when people do that.

Civil rights were literally a political agenda, though. When it comes to LGBTQ issues, sure the movies are more obvious about it, but then there's always been significant overlap between the struggles of the LGBTQ and other minority communities. Moreover, being social commentary/critique and being mass entertainment are not mutually exclusive (and in fact rarely are).

But then, I'm someone who tries to follow Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's words, "Judge not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." I have friends of many different skin tones, and sexual orientations. I have friends with differing ideas and opinions. And if Mutants existed, I'd probably have friends who were that too. I'd even likely have friends who were all three.

At the risk of sounding dismissive, the full context of that quote isn't a directive to judge by character and not skin color. It's from his "I have a dream" speech, when he's talking about the vision he has for the nation. "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." It's the world that he wants for future generations, not the world as it was then/is now or a set of instructions about how to get there.

Edited by kajnrig

Did anyone ever care about Jubilee to begin with?

People introduced to the X-Men via the 90's cartoon or who read the Wolverine comics during the 90's are more familiar with Jubilee. Kitty was really only Wolverine's side-kick in the early eighties and not for nearly as long (though she is a much better character.)

Edited by Mommar

People introduced to the X-Men via the 90's cartoon or who read the Wolverine comics during the 90's are more familiar with Jubilee. Kitty was really only Wolverine's side-kick in the early eighties and not for nearly as long (though she is a much better character.)

Also Pryde of the X-Men.

What ever became of Jubilee in the comics/cartoon? I remember her being sort of a half-baked X-Man, with powers that were unpredictable at best and usually ineffectual, and I never paid attention to much beyond that. I remember really liking that they combined her and Rogue in the movie version of Rogue, and equally as much finding her distracting and unimportant in this movie. (Did she even do/say anything? I don't think so...)

What ever became of Jubilee in the comics/cartoon? I remember her being sort of a half-baked X-Man, with powers that were unpredictable at best and usually ineffectual, and I never paid attention to much beyond that. I remember really liking that they combined her and Rogue in the movie version of Rogue, and equally as much finding her distracting and unimportant in this movie. (Did she even do/say anything? I don't think so...)

Last I heard, Jubilee became a vampire.

I liked the movie. I think the action scenes need some work though. It would probably be my number 4 X film. #1Deadpool for just love of the character they put on film without caring about what the studios wanted.#2 First Class #3 Days of Future Past. The wolverine was alright, and X1 was good for it's time, but the rest were crap that I'm glad got erased.

Preordered a case of the Marvel Legends X-Men figures. Expected 7/29. Glad that's taken care of.

From where????

Also, did you hear about the rumored second series X-men set for this year?

Marvel Legends Xmen series 2

-Shatterstar

- Colossus

- Polaris

- Sunfire

- Dazzler

- Cyclops

- Wolverine... I'm betting on X-23 Wolverine.

Last I heard, Jubilee became a vampire.

Yup, they made her even more stupid than before with the Vampire crap but now she has super strength and endurance because Vampires... Though I will say her complete irritability teamed up with Wolverine in the 90's comic actually worked out a lot more than it should have.

Edited by Mommar

Yup, they made her even more stupid than before with the Vampire crap but now she has super strength and endurance because Vampires... Though I will say her complete irritability teamed up with Wolverine in the 90's comic actually worked out a lot more than it should have.

Around when did Jubilee turn into a vampire? Somehow, I suspect Marvel attempted to lure in the Twilight fans. :ph34r:

DOFP already spoiled that they beat Apocalypse since everybody was alive when Logan wakes up at the school. Also it was Raven disguised at Stryker that fished Logan out of the river after Magneto impaled him with rebar and then saying something along the lines of "I'll take care of him". Did she help Logan and then the events of or part of Wolverine: Origins happened? Are the different movies not canon to each other? WTF? lol

DOFP already spoiled that they beat Apocalypse since everybody was alive when Logan wakes up at the school. Also it was Raven disguised at Stryker that fished Logan out of the river after Magneto impaled him with rebar and then saying something along the lines of "I'll take care of him". Did she help Logan and then the events of or part of Wolverine: Origins happened? Are the different movies not canon to each other? WTF? lol

ya that part needs to be answered.

More questions:

1. During the cage match against Angel, why couldn't Nightcrawler teleport out of the cage? Furthermore, how did Angel defeat the Blob?

2. How could the flight suits at Alkali Lake be ready-made for the X-Men if they had just been captured?

3. Of all the places to build his kingdom, why Cairo? Why not a more prominent place like Washington, D.C., London, or Moscow? Hell, why not the X-Mansion, since Cerebro's there and it's already inhabited by Mutants?

4. How were Magneto and Jean able to rebuild the X-Mansion without blueprints and actual construction equipment? Sure, Magneto controls metal, but not wood or brick, and I don't think Jean's telekinesis is capable of making shapes.