More questions:

1. During the cage match against Angel, why couldn't Nightcrawler teleport out of the cage? Furthermore, how did Angel defeat the Blob?

2. How could the flight suits at Alkali Lake be ready-made for the X-Men if they had just been captured?

3. Of all the places to build his kingdom, why Cairo? Why not a more prominent place like Washington, D.C., London, or Moscow? Hell, why not the X-Mansion, since Cerebro's there and it's already inhabited by Mutants?

4. How were Magneto and Jean able to rebuild the X-Mansion without blueprints and actual construction equipment? Sure, Magneto controls metal, but not wood or brick, and I don't think Jean's telekinesis is capable of making shapes.

Some answers, mostly just additional commentary:

1.) It happens again in the helicopter, and again at Alkali Lake. My guess is they just threw together a half-baked BS excuse in order to fit the story they had already written/planned.

2.) I had thought they were just supposedly "standard-issue" flight suits.

3.) I figured there were two main factors:

- It was the "kingdom" he (Apocalypse) knew best; perhaps it held some sentimental/symbolic value to him.

- It's recognizably "Egyptian" to American audiences.

4.) It was so super dumb, like something out of a... well, a Saturday morning children's cartoon. If there was a guitar you know they'd have been sitting around a campfire singing Kumbayah and then Magneto does a silly dance and everyone laughs.

I saw X-men Apocalype... Honestly I thought it was okay, but Magneto in it pisses me off and I just can't buy what he did...

I can feel for the guy losing his wife and daughter, but what happened afterwards was just plain wrong. So Apocalypse comes to recruit him at the foundry where he is about to take blind revenge for his loved ones deaths by killing his co-workers(some of whom may not have had anything to do with it).

That blind rage I can sort of understand, but when Big A whisks him off to Auschwitz and starts talking about bringing about a new order, made from a superior race of his choosing, and that anyone deemed inferior will die I just can't help but call B.S!

Erick is a jewish man who lost both his parents to the holocaust. That tragic event is what has fueled him and most of his decisions for the 40 or so years since WWII ended. I just can't buy that he would blindly follow Apocalypse going all mutant Hitler on the world especially since what he was tasked to do by Apocalypse would result in millions of mutant as well as normal human deaths. Yeah I just don't believe it.

Another thing I didn't like was how the movie ended with a news broadcast making him out to be a savior by helping take down A and the X-men are basically covering for him. So everything is cool now? We just going to overlook the thousands killed by his actions? There's also the fact in the previous movie he kinda dumped a billion ton stadium on the whitehouse lawn. I wonder how many innocents died then from falling debris or office building crushed when RFK stadium landed?

I don't know about you guys but this X-men cinematic universe is making the mutant registration act look pretty reasonable considering this films destruction is more or less essentially caused by a guy grieving with rage. Imagine being an average joe who comes home to find his neighborhood destroyed because Mr Explosion Man caught his wife cheating with the paperboy. Or how about dying from poison gas at the office because Toxious Man got layed off and fumigated the place?

Edited by renegadeleader1

Eh, no superhero movies that I can remember deals with the aspect of collateral damage at all, so I'm not surprised that the issue is ignored in this movie. After all, dealing with a real issue like that one would be counterproductive to all the FUN these movies are supposed to be. As for Lenscher, well I'd suggest that his power, arrogance and pain have combined to make him insensitive to basic humanity. That's my thoughts on him, anyway...

Another question do the Four horseman have to volunteer, or does Apocalypse drain wash them; are they consciously taking part in his plan?

Some consciously do it (Gambit did it),but most of the time Apocalypse either manipulates or outright forces them to participate.

Looks like X Men came in at a close second less than ten million away from the number one. Too bad the number one only made just over 30 million. X Men films will probably keep going and this may be a punch in the arm to do better from this point on. As far as the turtles go they will probably get flushed down the reboot toilet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

People that have already received the Marvel Legends X-Men wave say it's a great wave. Can't wait to get my case.

Except for AnthonysCustoms, but he hardly likes anything.

I'm kinda pissed off BBTS put their pre-orders up so much later and they sold out immediately but everybody is receiving theirs from BBTS first while other shops have to wait until August.