Tamashii Online Exclusive DX Chogokin Tornado Parts for VF25F/G

IXTL

^^LOL, that was me yesterday.

Anyway, I'm looking at the 25F with Tornado parts on and it really is a massive set of armor. As it sits on a Flex/Flight Pose stand it looks like the stand should collapse under the weight (but it won't, cause the parts actually aren't that heavy).

You wouldn't even know how relatively small the 25 actually is underneath those gigantic wing attachments.

-b.

Now that a few others have theirs did you guys notice if your vtol's click into place straight, or are they just slightly off center?

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Now that a few others have theirs did you guys notice if your vtol's click into place straight, or are they just slightly off center?

It feels like they may be off-center (especially when you look at some of the panel lines on the inside of the VTOL engines), but when I look from head-on or from the side it's really hard to tell.

Kind of one of those situations that if there is something not right then the execution was "good enough".

-b.

I looked at the VTOL units and they look centered when hold them, but when its on the fighter it seems a tad bit off. :wacko:

I looked at the VTOL units and they look centered when hold them, but when its on the fighter it seems a tad bit off. :wacko:

Sounds like mine. The problem is, both sides are off center in opposite directions of each other.

Sounds like mine. The problem is, both sides are off center in opposite directions of each other.

The centering issue you called out was the first thing I checked when I got everything together, I looked at it for a few minutes just comparing.

I am taking a break from taking pics, Gerwalk mode is frustrating. :unsure:

Edited by Saburo

Were these made for the 25S, or are these the first made for the Renewals?

These Tornado parts can fit most of the Bandai DX Renewals, the 25F, G, S, or A - but these are Alto/25F custom versions.

-b.

Here are some pics.

Fighter and Gerwalk first, I'll take Battroid pics tomorrow. Sorry only 2 pic of Gerwalk mode, it wasn't cooperating with me and kept falling down even with brace I made to keep it from tipping backwards.

Enjoy!

14743227541_662ccd372b_b.jpg

14559723360_8ea53c4d9c_b.jpg

14766265763_e3fa6dab76_b.jpg

14746113342_5ded839a88_b.jpg

14743228501_a73a44646b_b.jpg

14743227491_62f9d48cdd_b.jpg

14559944907_1b6c888587_b.jpg

14559751898_ef6f2b61ce_b.jpg

14559944727_a35e155490_b.jpg

14559762069_ae261fd90e_b.jpg

14559722580_570ca1b885_b.jpg

Edited by Saburo

You have no idea how many people you've coerced into buying DX Chogokins with your photos. :p

Are you sure you don't work for Bandai?

Be careful. Are you accusing Bandai of taking good product photos?

Awesome, as always.

Thank you CY! I can't wait for your stands, I am picturing all the different shots I can take using it. :)

You have no idea how many people you've coerced into buying DX Chogokins with your photos. :p

Are you sure you don't work for Bandai?

Hahaha! Nope I am just collector like everyone here. I want everyone else to get sucked into the Macross collecting madness. MUAHAHAHAHA!

From what I have seen from all the previous pics and the teasers you have shown, I am very happy with what I see. :)

Thanks. It will be nice to get them in peoples hands and see what they think.

So I transformed it to Battroid today. The back is definitely heavy much like the armour parts. Without the stand, it will not stay up properly. The tail is too short to act as a tripod. A lot of stress on the wing hinge in this mode so mine will be in fighter or gerwalk until I find something to support the back.

Hip bracket. Helps to keep the crotch thrust forward but that's it.

10553503_10152306126182861_9173451773581

I tried to use the built in gun pod holder but the gun touch the bottom of the stand holder and the whole thing does not sit properly because of this.

10532860_10152306126167861_6973001152881

After much effort to make it stand on its own, the best way is just to put it on the stand. So the crotch bracket included is not much use (for me).

10526123_10152306126172861_5447820901217

The too short tail.

1468752_10152306126177861_56036175091420

Dynamic pose based on the 1/72 box cover minus the missile pods and VTOL intake covers.

10523840_10152306126187861_50613170625884543112653055.JPG

Edited by KH355hamdi

Can someone explain to me why the attachment piece for the gun-pod is needed? Couldn't they just mold the attachments into the forearm armor just as they did it with the Armor Parts? It seems to me like a half assed job once again by Bandai. Why this strange obsession with attachment pieces? It started with the RVF-25 and gets worse and worse and worse with every release. <_<

I think the engineering of the Renewals is top-notch. This includes the Super- and Armor-Parts. However at some point they decided to go lazy (the RVF-25) and I don't know why. The VF-25G hat this well engineered arm to attach the sniper rifle onto the Valkyrie instead of some stupid adapter. After that it got worse.

Edited by Scyla

I think the engineering of the Renewals is top-notch. This includes the Super- and Armor-Parts. However at some point they decided to go lazy (the RVF-25) and I don't know why. The VF-25G hat this well engineered arm to attach the sniper rifle onto the Valkyrie instead of some stupid adapter. After that it got worse.

Have to agree, the attachment is rather annoying. After a some fiddling I was able to get it secure enough by making sure that the arms were close enough together to secure the gunpod attachment.

Fingers crossed that everything continues to hold together snugly.

On a brighter note, at least the wing attachments are infinitely easier to put on then on the v1.

-b.

I wedge it into one side and than squeeze the legs together. It is still the only piece that consistently falls off. The intake covers on the VTOL engines unseat when lightly touched, but they don't fall off. YMMV

Got my Tornado parts...man this ends up being one big SOB in fighter. Everything was great and luckily the new 25F that I had waiting for these parts was the tightest Alto that I have out of 3. The Tornado parts clipped together way better than my Super part set and that's awesome cuz there ends up being a lot of weight added to this Valk.

The Bandai stand adapter for fighter mode refused to clip into the valk's metal crossbar piece, so the valk's big ass ended up wanting to flip backwards the moment I let go of it. Soooooo, I ended up just moving the 1st pair of adapter tabs to the 2nd set of holes on the Valk (crossbar tab holes) and it worked fine. By doing this, the Valk moves forward on the stand to a more forward, horizontal and balanced position. I'll probably try it on a Flightpose stand later on, but for those stuck with just the Bandai stand - try the above quick fix if you're displaying in fighter and your stand refuses to co-op.

Edited by Deadeye_281