Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

Having the stress marks on the fuselage didn't stop me from taking some pics. I just Photoshopped the stress marks out.

I'll figure out how to fix the stress marks, but for now here's a few pics. Enjoy!

14248075825_952f9a0c7b_b.jpg

14061423658_d4f7fe1df5_b.jpg

14245884142_a1948cd68f_b.jpg

I like this shot the most, I think it has the Space Pirate Captain Harlock feel to it.

14244781091_2424823f1e_b.jpg

Edited by Saburo

Thank you everyone. I'll take more photos this weekend (Gerwalk and Battroid).

Kaneda, I couldn't find a nice skull image online so I just drew one in illustrator. haha

David, hope your 29 doesn't have the stress marks that Scyla and mine have. :(

Guest davidwhangchoi

David, hope your 29 doesn't have the stress marks that Scyla and mine have. :(

everyone's ozma has them, correct?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

everyone's ozma has them, correct?

Are you joking? No, several people on this website have been screwed but it isn't on all of them. There are no stress marks on mine.

WTF is going on with all of these releases recently???

Edited by Mommar

So I'm thinking a few of us have some "gently used" copies. The wings don't fold back nearly as far as the VF-25 wings do and I'm willing to bet a potential clueless previous owner tried to push them farther then they should go. I just checked mine out, if you were to push too hard you would stress the plastic in exactly those same spots.

So I'm thinking a few of us have some "gently used" copies. The wings don't fold back nearly as far as the VF-25 wings do and I'm willing to bet a potential clueless previous owner tried to push them farther then they should go. I just checked mine out, if you were to push too hard you would stress the plastic in exactly those same spots.

I thought the same thing, on mine there were no signs of a reseal. The outside tape and inner tape were factory. I think Bandai hired Godzilla after he retired from making movies in Japan and is now packing Valkyries.

Edited by Saburo

Yikes.

No, no stress marks on mine, out of the box or after handling (including a mid-transformation to correct the positioning of the legs and to attach the gunpod).

-b.

Ok, scratch that. Looked closer under better lighting (an LED flashlight) and there are very tiny stress marks developing in the same area, but on the wings themselves (vs. the picture posted on page 31 by Saburo where the stress marks are on the same piece of plastic that holds the Skull emblem.

I had to look pretty hard to see it, but I'll keep watching since this Valk is getting most of my "hands-on" time at the moment.

-b.

I have never heard of this method. I have a VF-0 Shin that got a stress mark on the head laser (my fault). Would this technique help? Could someone explain the steps in more detail? I don't want to mess it up lol.

Edited by Loop

I have never heard of this method. I have a VF-0 Shin that got a stress mark on the head laser (my fault). Would this technique help? Could someone explain the steps in more detail? I don't want to mess it up lol.

Loop,

I had read about the hair dryer method a while ago on another forum, but never needed to use it till now. Here are steps that I did.

1. I covered the figure in rags so only the area I wanted hair dryer to hit was exposed (the Valk looked like it was going into surgery).

2. Set the hair dryer on low speed and hot for temp.

3. Held it so the nozzle was about 4" - 6" away from the fig and waved it over the area making sure not to stop in one place for too long.

4. Keep an eye on the stress mark, stop every few passes to see if the stress mark faded.

5. Once the stress mark was no longer visible, stop and let the fig cool down.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Saburo

One is selling on mandarake for $250 as we speak. man, price sure shoots up the ceiling with ozma's

And it can sit there for that price. I've found that particular location to have higher prices than others.

*edit, hope that didn't come off snippy towards you aaajin, I didn't mean it that way. I'm just fairly irritated at the immediate $ 80 mark-up.

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

I think I've actually gotten about half of my bandai valks in some level of complete mistransformation. The people packing them just don't know how to do it, and don't even know what the product is supposed to look like.

My Ozma -29 was half-way to GERWALK mode when I opened the box---I feared it was broken or mis-assembled, but it was fine in the end.

I think I've actually gotten about half of my bandai valks in some level of complete mistransformation. The people packing them just don't know how to do it, and don't even know what the product is supposed to look like.

Actually, I think it's only that they simply don't care.

Hard to tell from the images but does anyone has a green tint on their yellow trim? On the images they look all very saturated.

My YF-21 Gnu-Dou has only one layer of yellow paint on the cowl. I fear that my YF-29 has the same issue. The worst area are the yellow lines around the missile pods on the legs.

Edited by Scyla

I have stress marks on my alto and 30th anniversary in some other places. I could not be bothered anyways. these arw toys that are meant to be played, displayed and enjoyed. but that is just me.

Fair enough (I checked my 30th Anniversary and Isamu 29's yesterday evening as well - with none to be seen) but the issue is the stress marks are just a tad bit obvious on the darker plastic.

I don't think anyone is denying that these are toys and will get a blemish here or there, but not out of the box as some have seen and speaking for myself I don't want my $ 200 toy to look like it fell of the desk or cabinet.

-b.