Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

I think I'm going to have to use rubbing alcohol to degrease it/remove mold-release. I gave it a basic soap-n-water wash first thing, but it is just not taking inking etc. It just rubs right off even after a day or two of drying.

Yeah Funky, I almost bought 2 of the Ozma 29's but decided 1 of each is good enough. I have them all so far.

I got my box in from CDJ today and about freaked out! There was a huge oil spot on the side that seeped all the way through the cardboard box to the inside of the box. I was lucky enough that it did not get to the valk box at all. it was wrapped in bubble wrap and did not seep all the way through the packing material. Crisis averted whew. :)

Edited by Loop

The more I look at my Ozma YF-29 the more I want a 25S with Tornado Parts.

That said, I still very much enjoy this Valk and I'm glad I came back around on whether I like it or not.

Yeah, the Low Vis Roy VF-1S and 29 are about the same shade (dark vs. light) but funny enough the 29 is close in color to a few of the accent parts like the intakes and feet/thruster of that particular 1S.*

*metallic look of those parts on the 1S notwithstanding

-b.

Still no response from Nippon-Yasan. At this rate, my damn Super pack (which was ordered from Big In Japan via SAL) will be here before the Valkyrie is. Gonna submit yet another ticket. Here's what I said:

"I am very disappointed to learn that my Bandai YF-29 Ozma has been delayed since I preordered and paid in full back in February. I would like to ask what Nippon-Yasan intends to do about this in order to continue to earn my business? I do not feel that it is fair that while I paid for my order in its entirety, I am now having to wait an unspecified time period for it to be fulfilled because other customers did not honor their commitments. What is the expected wait time? I feel that some measure of compensation as a sign of good faith - specifically, expedited shipping - would be appreciated. Please advise immediately. Thank you."

Now, call me crazy, but I don't feel like I am out of line with anything here.

w00T! That means more awesome pictures.

:D

-b.

Kaneda I posted too soon... turns out it was the shipping notice for the Isamu super parts and not the Ozma 29. :(

I will take pics of the super parts on the Isamu 29. :)

I edited my original post.

10:00pm PST update:

- recieved my shipping confirmation and tracking number for Ozma 29 from NY. I hope everyone waiting gets their confirmation soon.

Edited by Saburo

so for those of us who held out and couldn't stay up at night to preorder, hoping there'd be enough supply when it was released, are we screwed? is there any where besides ebay that we can get these at? use a proxy at yahoo auctions?

so for those of us who held out and couldn't stay up at night to preorder, hoping there'd be enough supply when it was released, are we screwed? is there any where besides ebay that we can get these at? use a proxy at yahoo auctions?

I think Ebay/Amazon Japan/Yahoo auction is the only place can get as i know most online store already sold out.

It's so ridiculous that there doesn't seem to be enough stock.

I heard that Bandai are trying to stop overseas customers from obtaining valks, as Japanese fans are getting vocal about not being able to get theirs. Might be true, might be false. I don't know, only heard from local suppliers.

I heard that Bandai are trying to stop overseas customers from obtaining valks, as Japanese fans are getting vocal about not being able to get theirs. Might be true, might be false. I don't know, only heard from local suppliers.

Ramping up production seems to be the logical choice here and not trying to stop non-japanese from getting one. -_-

Oh Bandai, you so crazy.

-b.

Finally got a response from N-Y after the second ticket. The response?

"Hello

Thank you for your message

You order should be ship this week

We apologize for the delay

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm done with them now. I'm displeased that they didn't acknowledge any of my questions, or attempt to assuage my concerns in any way.

Finally got around the stripping the canopy---it cannot be "lightened" like the fold crystals (removing just a thin layer, leaving some blue behind), and I don't think it can be evenly re-colored without airbrushing so it'll probably just remain totally clear---though I do plan to do some experimenting once my clear Tamiya comes in.

Windscreen piece was harder to do than the main canopy for some reason.