Play Arts Kai Thread

Mechapilot77

54 minutes ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Darn, I was hoping for accessories to make it look more "awakened", but I will gladly take any Weltall toy at this point.

Same. The "side skirts" also look weird and greatly impede the movement of the legs. It's straining just to pull of poses that baaaarely resemble the in-game ones.

But I'm still getting it. I'm getting two of it. Hell, I'll get ten if that means they eventually release more.

44 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Glad they're branching out but I'm still waiting if there's any news on the new Fenrir ver.2 Bike.

Wow, they want $300+ for this thing? That's Hot Toys pricing, but nearly guaranteed to be nowhere even near Hot Toys quality. They really are pricing themselves out for most folks aren't they? Every time I see a Play Arts that doesn't look completely awful, I see the price then remember why I don't bother with Play Arts any more.

37 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Wow, they want $300+ for this thing? That's Hot Toys pricing, but nearly guaranteed to be nowhere even near Hot Toys quality. They really are pricing themselves out for most folks aren't they? Every time I see a Play Arts that doesn't look completely awful, I see the price then remember why I don't bother with Play Arts any more.

Wait. Is that official price now?

To be honest, I'm not going to be surprised if it's going to cost around that. How much PAK figure cost nowadays? Y13000-15000? PAK Shiva was Y19000-20000 when it got announced and that was like 8 years ago. So it's not a big surprise now if they're going to ask Y30000 for the Fenrir. I don't mind as long that the First Tsuurugi sword mounting rails are not parts-swapping. ^_^ 

My price-asking-days are over after I paid for my Premium Finish SDF-1. :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Wait. Is that official price now?

To be honest, I'm not going to be surprised if it's going to cost around that. How much PAK figure cost nowadays? Y13000-15000? PAK Shiva was Y19000-20000 when it got announced and that was like 8 years ago. So it's not a big surprise now if they're going to ask Y30000 for the Fenrir. I don't mind as long that the First Tsuurugi sword mounting rails are not parts-swapping. ^_^ 

My price-asking-days are over after I paid for my Premium Finish SDF-1. :rolleyes:

http://news.toyark.com/2018/06/20/final-fantasy-vii-advent-children-cloud-and-fenrir-play-arts-kai-set-303136

"Pre-orders are not yet live in Japan, but will likely be going up over the next few days. The set is priced at 36,800 Yen (about $334 USD). It is set for release in October. Click the headline of the story for all of the photos."

That's pricey, it definitely looks good, but god damn Square Enix.

12 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

http://news.toyark.com/2018/06/20/final-fantasy-vii-advent-children-cloud-and-fenrir-play-arts-kai-set-303136

"Pre-orders are not yet live in Japan, but will likely be going up over the next few days. The set is priced at 36,800 Yen (about $334 USD). It is set for release in October. Click the headline of the story for all of the photos."

That's pricey, it definitely looks good, but god damn Square Enix.

Oh shoot! Thanks man! Really appreciate it. You just made my day. And it's really going to happen. :drinks:

All the while I thought this is just one of those vaporware kind of thing. By the way, I almost got it right with my cost estimate from last year's post. Y36000. :rolleyes:

On 7/20/2017 at 10:32 PM, no3Ljm said:

Play Arts Kai Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Cloud and Fenrir ver.2 at SDCC17.

IMG_0089.thumb.JPG.5c8b15bb7ffc70b77d6b3c67e10c2bef.JPG

IMG_0090.thumb.JPG.30a2bc88d501b6c185c5cc252d61effd.JPG

IMG_0091.thumb.JPG.3d366de6b64fb35d28baba424851ab53.JPG

IMG_0092.thumb.JPG.c2e26805f12459d8588ccac8b8f10abf.JPG

Why do I get the feeling this will cost more than the Play Arts Kai Shiva Figure? Probably around Y36000?

4 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Hurray! Xenogears was my favorite (3/4 of a) game on the Playstation and I've been wanting any rendition of the mecha for 20 years! Hope the line succeeds and they release all of them. 

I'll buy the characters too. :)

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. So it's still going to be parts-former even for that price. :rolleyes:

Play-Arts-Kai-FFVII-Cloud-and-Fenrir-009.jpg.62c97ad53d63836624fec7c208983ef8.jpg

They even have the swords as separate and built when there are a few modeller has been scratchbuilding one that is fully combine-able sword.

17 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Preordered! Thanks for the links, kajnrig. :good:

12 hours ago, chyll2 said:

They even have the swords as separate and built when there are a few modeller has been scratchbuilding one that is fully combine-able sword.

I did reach out on one of the modellers before and the price is more than the figure itself. I know it’s nice to have one but with the price I rather get another collectible. ^_^ 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I decided to wait and see what Prime 1 Studio does with Final Fantasy statues at the next Wonder Fest before getting Cloud and Fenrir. It looks cool but I'm still not crazy about those joints. Also I watched a review that mentioned something about slight difficultly getting him posed all the way on the bike and looking forward.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I was stoked, then the words "episodic release" slammed my wallet shut :cray:

Squeenix is working on one “disc” at a time, the game we’re all looking at will end at Midgar and they’re not sure what all will follow. 

You know what the coolest thing about Final Fantasy 7 was to me back then? I only played the original Final Fantasy on NES. I don't know why I didn't play the SNES and other games. But when I heard about Final Fantasy 7 on PlayStation, I thought it was a good time to get back into the series. I had only seen a picture of the big tech city. So when I started playing the game, I thought that huge city would be the game's area. I was shocked that you get to leave the city and you have a whole world to explore.

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Updating this and the gunpla thread, though this isn't a model kit.

Bring Arts Weltall-Id

Apr 2022

~$170

https://www.hlj.com/xenogears-bring-arts-weltall-id-enx36046

enx36046_0.jpgenx36046_1.jpgenx36046_8.jpgenx36046_9.jpg

The Bring Arts Weltall isn't the best figure around, but it's alright and Xenogears is one of my favorite PS1 games, so I preordered Id.

I don't remember Weltall growing by that much when Id takes over. :blink:

Awww no glowy wing effect parts for the six wings.

Hoping for the rest of the mecha from game, including Weltall Mk II and Xenogears.

Edited by Lolicon

Weltall is approximately 15.81 meters tall, and Weltall-Id is 18.53 meters. That's roughly the same as the VF-1 and VF-25, or Victory Gundam and RX-78. And obviously floating also adds height.

...and then of course the figures might not necessarily be in scale with each other anyway (though at first blush they seem to be)...

• 9 months later...

Square Enix is releasing a Cloud in the Bring Arts like that looks close to the line art/high resolution model of Final Fantasy 7. 

I‘m shocked no one else has reported on it and that it is not sold out yet since it is the toy I always wanted.

I hope they do the rest of the playable characters (but I doubt it). I would love to have a Tifa/Yuffi/Vincent in that line since those where my main party members:

image.jpeg.71e6c5bbfe6f1a7ab1bbb08f01780bfb.jpeg

https://www.hlj.com/final-fantasy-vii-bring-arts-cloud-strife-enx36774

One criticism from me is that Cloud doesn’t come with a screaming face. Since the default one looks blank.

2 hours ago, Scyla said:

Square Enix is releasing a Cloud in the Bring Arts like that looks close to the line art/high resolution model of Final Fantasy 7. 

I‘m shocked no one else has reported on it and that it is not sold out yet since it is the toy I always wanted.

I hope they do the rest of the playable characters (but I doubt it). I would love to have a Tifa/Yuffi/Vincent in that line since those where my main party members:

image.jpeg.71e6c5bbfe6f1a7ab1bbb08f01780bfb.jpeg

https://www.hlj.com/final-fantasy-vii-bring-arts-cloud-strife-enx36774

One criticism from me is that Cloud doesn’t come with a screaming face. Since the default one looks blank.

It’s also funny that they have a version of him in a dress.

I’d probably be interested if I didn’t already have the play arts version. This one looks a bit better, but the price is a bit high.

26 minutes ago, Big s said:

It’s also funny that they have a version of him in a dress.

I’d probably be interested if I didn’t already have the play arts version. This one looks a bit better, but the price is a bit high.

The the dress version is from the FF7 Remake. 

I have one Play Arts Kai (FF6 Terra) and they are too large for my likings. I prefer my action figures to be in the 6“ scale.

3 hours ago, Scyla said:

The the dress version is from the FF7 Remake. 

I have one Play Arts Kai (FF6 Terra) and they are too large for my likings. I prefer my action figures to be in the 6“ scale.

Lately I’ve been liking smaller scale as well. But this one is the same price as my older larger size version. It’s a bit hard to justify another expensive cloud since I already have the older ones. Prices really have gone up on things, my Cloud with the bike from the advent children movie a while back was just over $100 and that’s quite a lot of toy. The old Vincent was only $40 or less.

So I was about doubling the price on those older figures. The older play arts figures were only about 20 bucks. I thought I was off by saying 40 bucks, but I guess I forgot how inexpensive that line was when they came out. The cloud on the bike was surprisingly cheap and now I’m just floored by how expensive they have become and now a half size figure is about four times the cost of the full size ones. I do still think that new cloud looks a bit better though

On 7/24/2022 at 12:00 AM, Scyla said:

I think it's the price and lack of accessories, that combination is atrocious. I've wanted a 1/12, 6" FFVII Cloud for my Smash display since he got announced, SE did that Bring Arts Kingdom Hearts Cloud but that just wasn't going to cut it. This thing looks fantastic, it's what I've wanted for quite a while, it's PS1 Cloud no less and not Remake Cloud or Advent Children Cloud, but that price is absurd, more-so considering the insane lack of accessories, so it's a pass for me. 

I think if it was closer to 60 bucks I’d probably be ok due to inflation on things, but for over a 100 bucks it’s a bit too higher to justify. It’s it like this version transforms or comes with an awesome bike or has every damn sword in his arsenal with effects parts